Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

powellmap.jpg

This old classic, Powell's design of the Western arid states done around river basins/drainage basins, to minimize water conflict in the new states. Doubtless would need adjustments to be practical, but the general philosophy is useful, and we may be sorely wishing that Powell got his way in a few decades.

Does anyone have a WorldA of this layingaround? Or if not, would anyone be so kind as to make one?

The best possible division for the Great Basin is to just see where the endorheic basins would overflow if filled. There's really basically 2 - Colorado, and Columbia rivers as potential end-points.

The best possible division for the Great Basin is to just see where the endorheic basins would overflow if filled. There's really basically 2 - Colorado, and Columbia rivers as potential end-points.
The Salt Lake Basin (and anything else that used to be part of Lake Bonneville) would overflow to the Snake/Columbia as it has happened before. Not sure about the rest.

Also, I'd say the Sacramento/San Joaquin River basin should be included as a possibility. Goose Lake for instance flows to the Pit River, which empties into the Sacramento.

Last edited:

Crazy Boris

Banned
Yes, because in a country the size of India, this is going to solve everything!

I mean, Jammu ans Kashmir has a summer capital and a winter capital, why not have a national capital for each season!

Or take it even further, India’s got more than enough major cities to have a different capital every month!

Every city’s a capital! The government packs up and moves to the next town over at noon every day. They get literally nothing done because they keep having to pack and unpack everything but at least great uncle Vanesh gets to feel like his little village is important next week!

I mean, Jammu ans Kashmir has a summer capital and a winter capital, why not have a national capital for each season!

Or take it even further, India’s got more than enough major cities to have a different capital every month!

Every city’s a capital! The government packs up and moves to the next town over at noon every day. They get literally nothing done because they keep having to pack and unpack everything but at least great uncle Vanesh gets to feel like his little village is important next week!
Do you know how much moving capital's would cost?

It costs hundreds of thousands to move from Srinagar to Jammu. Doing it on a country wide level is asking for millions of rupees. Rotating four capitals is asking hundreds of millions.
Doing it every month is asking for billions of rupees.

Last edited:
Do you know how much moving capital's would cost?

It costs hundreds of thousands to move from Srinagar to Jammu. Doing it on a country wide level is asking for millions of rupees. Rotating four capitals is asking hundreds of millions.
Doing it every month is asking for billions of rupees.
You must not have understood that he was being ironic.
And even if he is serious, you can read his user name again. 🙃

You must not have understood that he was being ironic.
And even if he is serious, you can read his user name again. 🙃
Reading my post again, I seem to appear far serious than I was.
I was just blathering about moving capital's rather than taking his post actually seriously. But yeah well, tones get lost in texts.😅😅

I'd imagine the Ukrainians are somewhat miffed by this too... either "why did you carve off East Galicia and Volhynia?" or "why did you only invite part of us to the party?" :p