Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

View attachment 639567
Valentine's Day 1997… Valentine's Day 1998…
I’ve never been a proponent of practicing that holiday, myself. See, if we’d just shown our wives and husbands love on every other day of the year, none of this would have happened.
Central Asia, after being devastated by war and disease, is made into a huge quarantine zone, where outbreaks are quelled with napalm.
Good to know that disease respects That Kazakh Border.
a Russian-Jewish mafia (of course >_>) seizes control of America and causes the global order to break down, causing the UN-Pentagon to fracture into several factions fighting for control.
Why, then, is most of Russia still under the ownership of the US?
Central America is destroyed by someone blowing up several underwater volcanoes with nuclear submarines
Ah, yes. That’s how that works.
which was followed by thousands of helicopters and planes sent in to... ...collect anything valuable.
Followed. FOLLOWED.
Meanwhile, a new religious force called the World Ecumenist Church emerges and unites all major religions save for the nearly extinct Orthodox Church...which, since it's apparently the true form of Christianity, means that nothing will stop the rise of the antichrist and his Satanic rule over the world. Thus, they declare themselves the Church of the Antichrist. They begin enslaving people and all believers engage in drug-fueled parties while enjoying the horrific executions of dissidents.
Remember, you can’t spell ‘ecumenist’ without “teen music,” and as we all know, the music that kids listen to is the work of the devil.
Japan sinks into the ocean.
Ah, ignore my question above. You’ve sort of combined periods of this timeline anachronistically in the map. That’s fine.
zombie Lenin emerges from the ruins of Zurich and roams the planet, killing and eating all remaining humans in about two months.
Everyone is equal, but some are more eaten than others.

It's still odd/wrong that a neutral DID gain territory from the war IMO.
Not if you consider that it was territory that was removed from a country that lost said war. North Schleswig had an ethnic Danish majority, and there was this whole "national determination (but only when it suits the victors)" thing happening.

Not if you consider that it was territory that was removed from a country that lost said war. North Schleswig had an ethnic Danish majority, and there was this whole "national determination (but only when it suits the victors)" thing happening.
I understand national self-determination, but if it only applies to the vanquished, then it ought not to benefit the absent (from the war).

I'm reminded of Lord Palmerston's quote about the "Schleswig-Holstein Question":

"Only three people have ever really understood the Schleswig-Holstein business—the Prince Consort, who is dead—a German professor, who has gone mad—and I, who have forgotten all about it."

Do y'all forget that Schleswig was taken from Denmark by Prussia in 1864, who then also reneged on a promise to hold a referendum on returning north Schleswig to Denmark?

china1925gteder.jpg

This gives me an idea for a setting. Wars where no one can decide the final owner of a parcel of territory always end in a shared agreement to give that territory to an uninvolved third party. The same party, every time, known for its neutrality and relative powerlessness, simply as a dumping ground.

After a while, this nation begins to not want more land, as it has become nigh impossible to administer (being spread around the world in various enclaves) and ethnic conflicts keep flaring up. So that nation winds up declaring war on others, but now that it has all this land and resources, it has become a reckonable power and holds its ground (no pun intended) against the nations who wanted to foist unwanted ground on it.

With regards to Schleswig, today the region is a European example of peaceful cooperation and minority rights.
Both the Danish and German minority have their own institutions and political parties. Both have access to Danish/German schools.
Once the party of the Danish minority was even a coalition partner in the government of the State of Schleswig-Holstein.

So I guess the post World War 1 border works very well.

A map illustrating British claims with regards to the border between their Somaliland colony and the Ethiopian Empire in the 1897 agreement:
images

And here is another map showing other proposals for settling the issue after WW2, in 1946:

Zeila_1946-1-page-017.jpg

Crazy Boris

Banned
View attachment 639567
So here's one proposal that leans more heavily on the darkly comedic: Last Divination by Yuri Petukhov, written in 1991-1993, where he lays out his predictions for the Apocalyptic era of 1997-2000. This may be one of the most absurdly paranoid anti-Western texts I've ever seen, putting even Vladimir Zhirinovsky and The Foundations of Geopolitics to shame, so brace yourselves. (Credit to Vanga-Vangog for the inspiration bringing it to my attention.)

According to Petukhov, starting on Valentine's Day 1997, the world would plunge into hell. The United States and its allies, who he refers to as the "UN-Pentagon", begin a campaign of global conquest on all adversaries. First, Cuba, North Korea and the north coast of Libya are all nuked into oblivion, then Africa and the Middle east are occupied and all Arab-speakers are wiped out. Afterward, Germany and Turkey invade and carve up Yugoslavia, killing most of the Serbs and turning the rest into slaves to work in mines, and the Vatican declares war on the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Pope himself orders all Catholics to begin slaughtering all Orthodox Christians worldwide. That's just the beginning.

But the real shitshow takes place in the former USSR. Most of Russia, including Crimea and Murmansk, are invaded and split up into new American states and protectorates, and the Americans fill their cities with cheap Chinese labor while all native Russians sent to artic concentration camps for their organs to be harvested. Most of the Far East is absorbed by Japan, who establish an apartheid-like system for Russians. Ukraine becomes a de jure independent state ruled by "German-Polish gauleiters," the Baltic States slaughter all Slavic-speakers to curry favor with the UN-Pentagon, and Central Asia, after being devastated by war and disease, is made into a huge quarantine zone, where outbreaks are quelled with napalm. Everything of value is taken from Russia- natural resources, technologies, works of art, intellectuals, cultural treasures, fertile women, everything. By the time it's looted of everything, Moscow is turned into a massive industrial landfill that the Russian people aren't allowed to visit.

The UN-Pentagon forms a new global order, with its only opponent being the People's Republic of China. Of course, they're more of a mild annoyance and are held in check by a naval blockade, so it's of no concern to them. This lasts for less than a year.

On Valentine's Day 1998, a massive storm devastates New York City, causing massive economic turmoil that leads to a race war in affected states, quickly spilling over into a brief but brutal Second American Civil War. During this time, a Russian-Jewish mafia (of course >_>) seizes control of America and causes the global order to break down, causing the UN-Pentagon to fracture into several factions fighting for control.

Germany is taken over by neo-nazis, who establish a Fourth Reich and begin Lebensrauming as much as they can, reaching as far as the Volga River. Neo-nazis also seize control over Boliva and eventually all of South America, joining with the Fourth Reich as overseas territories. Meanwhile, after their conquest of Turkey, the Reich seize Iran (now called Eastern Syria for some reason), wipe out all Persians with napalm, and continue on into India, where they contend with the remaining UN-Pentagon forces. They manage to stop the neo-nazis, but at the cost of millions of lives. Another opponent of the Fourth Reich is Greater Israel, who expands across much of former American-held Arabia.

Central America is destroyed by someone blowing up several underwater volcanoes with nuclear submarines, which was followed by thousands of helicopters and planes sent in to finish off the survivors and collect anything valuable.

Meanwhile, a new religious force called the World Ecumenist Church emerges and unites all major religions save for the nearly extinct Orthodox Church...which, since it's apparently the true form of Christianity, means that nothing will stop the rise of the antichrist and his Satanic rule over the world. Thus, they declare themselves the Church of the Antichrist. They begin enslaving people and all believers engage in drug-fueled parties while enjoying the horrific executions of dissidents.

But the most batshit bonkers thing? One of the treasures taken from Russia was the body of Lenin, which is moved to a secret medical facility in Zurich, where a project full of thousands of scientists funded by the IMF and Israeli government, are constantly supplying it with thousands of liters of pure Russian blood, extracted from about 80 million prisoners of the arctic death camps, in order to bring him back to life. And it works.

Japan sinks into the ocean. The U.S., Fourth Reich, Israel and China launch their nukes. The Ecumenist Church declares that the end is coming and only those who have slayed at least 100 people will get to live. After another year of war and a series of natural disasters, including volcanic eruptions that bury South America in lava, the human population is reduced to around half a billion, who fall to cannibalism. The remnants of the UN-Pentagon flee to bases in Antarctica, bringing in all the supplies, slaves and treasures they can...only to get killed off by some sudden volcanic eruptions.

Finally, after being fed the blood of millions of Russians, zombie Lenin emerges from the ruins of Zurich and roams the planet, killing and eating all remaining humans in about two months. Thus, the world belongs to zombie Lenin.

Apparently this is a saner version of his original vision. The original included the earth's core turning into a ball of spiders, somehow.
Okay, that was an amazing read in all the worst possible ways. I’m really curious to know what else was in that original version.

I don’t know whether to think this is was the unhinged ramblings of a total lunatic who broke out of a padded cell thinking that this was actually a future that was even the slightest bit plausible or if this guy intentionally set out to write the most insane thing he could imagine as a joke.

The real question of all this though, is does Zombie Lenin die of starvation with no more humans to eat or is he immortal?

Okay, that was an amazing read in all the worst possible ways. I’m really curious to know what else was in that original version.

I don’t know whether to think this is was the unhinged ramblings of a total lunatic who broke out of a padded cell thinking that this was actually a future that was even the slightest bit plausible or if this guy intentionally set out to write the most insane thing he could imagine as a joke.

The real question of all this though, is does Zombie Lenin die of starvation with no more humans to eat or is he immortal?
I can only imagine what else he came up with in the original Russian version : P

For the record, Yuri Petukhov was also a scifi writer, ufologist, and pseudohistorian who made claims such as the Ruse being the true ancestors of all mankind and all languages developed from Russian , Jesus Christ was actually born to a family of Ruses that owned Jerusalem (Get it? Jerusalem?), the Mongol conquests were a hoax by the Catholic Church and the Mongols were actually Cossacks, Batu Khan was actually Alexandr Nevsky, American and Europe were created by Russia and thus should be repossessed, Stalin and all Soviet leaders that came after were traitors and the United States caused the Chernobyl Disaster as a means to kick off World War III.

With all that mind, I have to believe The Last Prophecy was a dead-serious prediction that Zombie Lenin would inherit the earth. As for what happens next, I'm not totally sure, but I'd love to see it

I can only imagine what else he came up with in the original Russian version : P

For the record, Yuri Petukhov was also a scifi writer, ufologist, and pseudohistorian who made claims such as the Ruse being the true ancestors of all mankind and all languages developed from Russian , Jesus Christ was actually born to a family of Ruses that owned Jerusalem (Get it? Jerusalem?), the Mongol conquests were a hoax by the Catholic Church and the Mongols were actually Cossacks, Batu Khan was actually Alexandr Nevsky, American and Europe were created by Russia and thus should be repossessed, Stalin and all Soviet leaders that came after were traitors and the United States caused the Chernobyl Disaster as a means to kick off World War III.

With all that mind, I have to believe The Last Prophecy was a dead-serious prediction that Zombie Lenin would inherit the earth. As for what happens next, I'm not totally sure, but I'd love to see it

One could only imagine what the end result would be if Petukhov decided to try his hand at writing Declinist literature (surprised there are no notable works on Russian Declinism as such), though it seems it would be a tall order for him NOT to include some elements of the absurd and supernatural.

Speaking of parcels, I'd love to see a map of potential/actual German mediatisations.
I know of a few pre-1803/1806 proposals, I'll try to whip something up if I have the time. If not I'll post it here. Most involved the annexation of the Empire's ecclesiastical states.