Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Good work. I wonder what that USSR-Manchuria boundary line corresponds to since I suspect it is a natural border.
You mean the USSR-China border? The border between the RSFSR and the Manchurian SSR is the same as before (the Amur and Ussuri rivers). As for the USSR-China border, seems like it's the now-defunct Shengjing province's northern border, with Manchuria consisting of the Heilongjiang and Jilin provinces. This nearly matches up to the Amur drainage basin, which might've been intentional on Gomberg's part (makes sense putting all of a river under one jurisdiction, right?); however, considering the average level of thought that seems to have been put into the Outline I'm not so sure it was more than "Manchuria was Chinese territory but it's still got some reason to exist, right? What if China got this province and the rest joined the USSR for, uh, security, I guess"

Last edited:
You mean the USSR-China border? The border between the RSFSR and the Manchurian SSR is the same as before (the Amur and Ussuri rivers). As for the USSR-China border, seems like it's the now-defunct Shengjing province's northern border, with Manchuria consisting of the Heilongjiang and Jilin provinces. This nearly matches up to the Amur drainage basin, which might've been intentional on Gomberg's part (makes sense putting all of a river under one jurisdiction, right?); however, considering the average level of thought that seems to have been put into the Outline I'm not so sure it was more than "Manchuria was Chinese territory but it's still got some reason to exist, right? What if China got this province and the rest joined the USSR for, uh, security, I guess"
This is actually the exact answer I was looking for, so thank you. :) And yeah, it frankly really does feel like more of the idiotic "let's just give (X) province" throughout this map, and in this case how convenient they follow longtime existing borders that actually make sense.

1613082814631.png

So this would be the likely administrative divisions in a Nazi victory scenario where they win quickly enough that Vichy France isn't occupied and the occupation of northern France is ended after the war with Vichy France now as a satellite state...
And also that Nazi Germany hasn't yoinked Alsace-Lorraine anyway.

And also that Nazi Germany hasn't yoinked Alsace-Lorraine anyway.
The occupation of Alsace-Lorraine by the Third Reich was completely illegal and was never concluded in any treaty between Berlin and Vichy (moreover Peace was never signed either).
But given the motivation Vichy-France has shown for opposing Germany, there is a chance that A-L will remain German. 🤪