Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Proposal to partition northeast China into Japanese and Russian spheres, 1911:
1607984695764.png

Does anyone have a good detailed map of the border changes, and proposed border changes, in the Ili Valley after the 1879 Treaty of Livadia? I'd been wondering about this for a while, but I've never seen an actual map of it, only vague descriptions of what the frontiers between Russia and China were supposed to have been...

I actually don't know what the frontiers would have been, so could I get a description of them?
This is the link Wikipedia provides:

Haven't checked the rest of the link to see if there's a map tucked in there somewhere...

The Treaty of Radnot, signed on December 6, 1656, was meant to formally partition Poland-Lithuania after the Second Northern War. According to the treaty:
  • Sweden was to receive Royal Prussia, Kujawy, northern Masovia, Samogitia, Courland and Inflanty.
  • Bogusław Radziwiłł was to receive the Nowogrodek Voivodeship.
  • Brandenburg to receive Greater Poland.
  • The Cossack Hetmanate would receive a large portion of south-east Poland.
  • The rest would be given to the prince of Transylvania.
1608092649781.png

In addition, Bogusław Radziwiłł's claims at the treaty:
1608092708321.png

Now, the fate of Lithuania Proper was uncertain, and from what I can infer, was to be possibly a Swedish vassal or completely independent.
Treaty of Iernut.png

Last edited:
The Treaty of Radnot, signed on December 6, 1656, was meant to formally partition Poland-Lithuania after the Second Northern War. According to the treaty:
  • Sweden was to receive Royal Prussia, Kujawy, northern Masovia, Samogitia, Courland and Inflanty.
View attachment 608217

View attachment 608218

Now, the fate of Lithuania Proper was uncertain, and from what I can infer, was to be possibly a Swedish vassal or completely independent.
View attachment 608219
Isn't Boguslaw the one Lithuanians still refer to as "the Louse" :p

View attachment 608217

View attachment 608218

View attachment 608219
If you don't mind me asking, what was the source of the 2nd map above (the one with the Polish and English captions?) The evolution of the external and interior borders of Lithuania and the PLC are particularly interesting to me, I'd love to see more from that series :)
(it says Fig. 20, so I assume there are others....)

Won't work nowadays: the Macedonian Slavs would keep insisting they're Macedonians, because they know if they agreed to be western Bulgarians, the Greeks would put on this really smug expression.

We can blame the Ottomans for this. After 1804 identifying yourself as a Serb anywhere within the Ottoman Empire territory that isn't the Serbian autonomous area was basically a death sentence. To the Ottomans it basically became a synonym for terrorist

The first map suggested that Warmia (and Danzig too, from the looks of it) was to go to Brandenburg as well. You seem to have given Ducal Prussia to Sweden for some reason, even though it was in personal-union with Brandenburg at the time.
Yup. On the other hand, wether is first map historically accurate or not, that Prussia, surrounded by Sweden which territories are surrounded by Prussian (_Brandenburg) territories... thats terrible :D
And wouldn´t Radziwill keep all of Lithuania (ok, I mean at least its core terr.? as sweden vassal or something like that...? or maybe I read too much Sienkiewicz :D)
But thanks @James the AH Fan for maps!