Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

I did an enormous amount of research on this a couple of months ago, and unfortunately I couldn't find anything specific, even trawling through old Spanish-language archives. I'm convinced at this point that they just didn't write any of it down. And this doesn't just apply to Tejas y Coahuila, but all of the northern territories of Mexico whose borders have since been altered or rendered nonexistent by the cession to the United States. That map is an excellent find, though.
Thanks, it was somewhere on Wikipedia...
Here's another interesting one I found on a Google search, showing roughly the same border along with the old land grants...
tejas.jpg

c42661fca15bc14022f46a91a73526fc79dc2ce7.png

US plans for a post-Ottoman Middle East, as seen on Diverse Travel.
This reminds me of reading on how some of the British wanted the Americans to take on Armenia and the Straits so that they would be obligated to also have a Mandate of sorts over the Turks between them. Also was an idea of having the Americans get a Mandate over Palestine, but the British wanted it for themselves. I really do have too wonder just who make this map and thought the British would give up Kuwait or the Tricia’s States. And why Hejaz would be assumed to not exist. I do hope that website has other ridiculously fun maps as well.

I do hope that website has other ridiculously fun maps as well.
There are plenty of others. They seem to alternate between a new travel photo or a map/infographic.
They recently did a map of Locations Proposed for a Jewish State, and there are some others of the British and French colonial Empires as "Contiguous States".

In 1868, Brazilian imperial senator Cândido Mendes made a proposal for a new province to be created from areas by the northern frontier of what was then Grão-Pará. This new administrative entity would be named Pinsônia in honor of the Spaniard Vincente Pinzón, who explored the area of Brazil around the same time as Pedro Álvares Cabral in 1500. The project would find some support among Brazil's political elite but was ultimately not voted in.

Pins%C3%B4nia_Mapa_1868.jpg

It would not be until 1943 that Amapá was created as a territory based on a smaller area of northern Pará up to the river Jari. It finally attained statehood in 1988.

And with that many ethnic & reigious groups who have never played nicely together, there would also be 147 simultaneous wars of succession, rebellions, revolts and regional civil wars occurring-- causing the Empire to hemmorage its GDP and large military.

More seriously, why did you choose to confrom the Empire's borders to (mostly) mirror the borders of contemporary nation-states rather than use the historical territory of the Roman Empire (or conforming more to limiting geographic features [i.e., the Rhine])?

Second, given that a continuing Roman Empire wouldn't be the least bit bashful about being imperial, how much of the rest of the world (especially sub-Saharan Africa) would be within its territory?

And with that many ethnic & reigious groups who have never played nicely together, there would also be 147 simultaneous wars of succession, rebellions, revolts and regional civil wars occurring-- causing the Empire to hemmorage its GDP and large military.

More seriously, why did you choose to confrom the Empire's borders to (mostly) mirror the borders of contemporary nation-states rather than use the historical territory of the Roman Empire (or conforming more to limiting geographic features [i.e., the Rhine])?

Second, given that a continuing Roman Empire wouldn't be the least bit bashful about being imperial, how much of the rest of the world (especially sub-Saharan Africa) would be within its territory?
He didn’t make the map. Th pixelation alone shows how it must have been saved a lot or been from... I don’t know. Maps on here just tend to be crisper. Though I do have to say, I doubt anyone every made a proposal for this, so not sure if it counts for the thread. Though it old be interesting to see proposals for expanding the HRE.

five bucks says this is a variation on that alt-right white supremacist national redoubt fantasy
Either that or its a Republican (supporter) that wants to gerrymander the states, to absorb the more conservative bits of California and Oregon to boost Idaho's voting power.

Though why it doesn't include eastern Washington as well.

probably because whoever made the map was being lazy :p

Lazy and oddly inconsequential. Those parts where the Roman Empire stretched up to the Caspian Sea and the Gulf of Persia were under roman rule for about three years, whereas Germania up to the Elbe had been part of Rome for roughly two decades (and that doesn't even address the parts west of the Rhine and south of the Danube, which were Roman provinces for centuries). So if they include Iraq and Kuwait due to a fleeting three years lasting hold then it makes no sense to leave out Germany.

five bucks says this is a variation on that alt-right white supremacist national redoubt fantasy
I read it, it was just regular old Republicans complaining that rural Oregon was always being dominated by Portland. Sort of like that State of Jefferson proposal that was being thrown around a few years ago.