Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Also, here's a map showing roughly half of the current governments in exile around the world and the countries they aim to control at some point in the future. Outlining each country is the colour (using the THICC colour scheme) of the country the exiled government is currently residing in and/or controlled by. Most of these if returned to power would likely be used as puppet governments of whichever country they currently reside in.

Gov_in_exile.png

Recently upgraded this to QBAM and added several more examples.

Governments in exile.png

M A N H A T T A N E X T E N D E D
Interestingly enough, this concept has been around for most of the twentieth century, reappearing every couple of decades as a spiffy new urban expansion plan. The most recent incarnation was designed by a group of Columbia university urban planners, who wanted to connect Governors Island to Manhattan. They called it "LoLo"
lower-lower-manhattan-1.jpg

They may as well do it. Hell, they may as well go all out and expand immensely, in any direction available to them (which retains river flow, of course). They’ve been doing it for centuries, after all. I want to see a land expansion for NYC of the same size as the base of the X-SEED 4000. Just create an entire new borough’s worth of land out in the harbor. Seems like it would pay for itself, as important as NYC will always be from now on.
article-0-1A567035000005DC-167_634x623.jpg

All the Chinese "National Humiliation" maps plus the Kuomintang's proposal to annex Siberia and Central Asia combined into one t h i c c China
China's National Humiliation.png

Note: Had to create some provincial borders to make it more equal in size.

Proposals to partition Germany after WWII:
Germany Partition Proposals WW2.png

Top: Churchill's plan
Middle: Roosevelt's plan
Bottom: Morgenthau Plan
Each map has a different Curzon-Namier and Yalta line for Poland, and the top map includes the Bakker-Schut Plan for the Dutch.

1911 Kennard Thompson proposed to enlarge New York

View attachment 520629

Since it's related I thought it'd be relevant to quote what I put in the map thread:

This is a map on an alternate New York City I made based in a world where a whole bunch of past predictions of the future that is now as well as scientific misconceptions and obsolete scientific theories of the 20th century primarily are true and / or come true. My partner helped me by doing the phonetic spelling of all of these based on these links:
https://www.ling.upenn.edu/courses/Fall_2014/ling115/phonetics.html

So thank you to them, and here's the plan for an expanded NYC this is based on:

This world is known as the 'Retro-Present' universe

The reason the New Island is made into a new borough is because other predictions say that by 2000 America would have, at max, 500,000,000 people and at minimum 350,000,000, and I thought that since NYC's population would grow so big considering America is so big that it warranted a new borough. I do plan on making this into a timeline eventually.

If you want to help me plz send links of predictions, preferably dystopian or middle ground since I mostly have utopian shit, preferably original sources but I'll appreciate it regardless, and also stuff on misconceptions from the 20th century and obsolete scientific theories from then too, or things from even before then if they are interesting enough, thank you

View attachment 522098

NAT.png

The North American Technate, a social and ideological movement which arose in the early 20th century and was briefly popular in America and Canada in the 1930's. The Technocracy movement proposed replacing all politicians and businesspeople with scientists and engineers who had the technical expertise to manage the economy. The idea was a fully self-sustaining nation stretching across all of North America, as well as a totally reformed calendar and working schedule.

(A Qbam version of an older post of mine for anyone who hasn't seen it until now.)

The North American Technate, a social and ideological movement which arose in the early 20th century and was briefly popular in America and Canada in the 1930's. The Technocracy movement proposed replacing all politicians and businesspeople with scientists and engineers who had the technical expertise to manage the economy. The idea was a fully self-sustaining nation stretching across all of North America, as well as a totally reformed calendar and working schedule.

Glad we finally have a QBAM of it. Compared with the rest of the world it looks... oddly disturbing.