Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Me: Mom, can we have Assyrian Empire?

Mom: No, we have Assyrian Empire at home.

Assyrian Empire at home:
6049713855_b2508e4bcf_b.jpg

Some history thing I was listening to on Youtube suggested ancient middle eastern empires were into the collecting heads and hands thing because communications were so poor otherwise it could take months to find out whether or not your army was bullshitting about their "great victory".
Anyhoo, speaking of Assyrians, a proposal for an Assyrian-Chaldean state after WWI, which like several other proposals for the area seems based on a "screw the Kurds" philosophy.

assyria_paris_1919.png

And if you think that seems a bit large, you haven't seen the proposals for a warm water port (on the Mediterranean)

http://edmaps.com/html/assyria_in_five_maps.html

Last edited:
Considering the Kurds took part in the Ottoman genocides of the Eastern Christians in their empire, Screw the Kurds was at the time an acceptable way of thinking.

image0.png

Prior to the launch of the First Fleet and the order to establish New South Wales, several other locations for a penal colony were considered, three of them were in Africa:

-One around the Gambia river
-One on the South west african coast, where namibia currently is (and parts of north west south africa)
-The "caffre coast" which corresponds roughly to the Nguni inhabited parts of Southern africa, from port Elizabeth to southern mozambique.

Here's a map illustrating these proposal:

unknown.png

Not without... "help".

Unfortunately, a lot of people in those days took as given and even encouraged such "help" in the name of liberating (the semi-correct) people from the Turkish Yoke.

A lot more parts of the Balkans, for instance, would be majority Muslim if it wasn't for such "help."

-One around the Gambia river
-One on the South west african coast, where namibia currently is (and parts of north west south africa)
-The "caffre coast" which corresponds roughly to the Nguni inhabited parts of Southern africa, from port Elizabeth to southern mozambique.
I'm making a map about if the South African penal colonies were established, then were combined into one colony.

I'm making a map about if the South African penal colonies were established, then were combined into one colony.

I'd love to see that.

Just a word of (probably obvious, but it was on the original map showing this) advice, don't call anything Australia. That name, as I assume you know comes specifically from the fact that it was a separate southern continent. New south wales is possible if the place still reminds explorers of southern wales, and the name Sydney is possible for a city if
Thomas Townshend, 1st Viscount Sydney is still home secretary and thus responsible for overseeing and funding the expedition, actually I think it's quite liekly.