Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Here something involving US state claims. Lets just say this is an example of a slight Virginiawank. Also I don't understand the logic begin Virginia wanting to own what is now part of Minnesota, Wisconsin and upper Michigan (and the upper lower half of the other Michigan).

2404.jpg

Here something involving US state claims. Lets just say this is an example of a slight Virginiawank. Also I don't understand the logic begin Virginia wanting to own what is now part of Minnesota, Wisconsin and upper Michigan (and the upper lower half of the other Michigan).

Apart from "mine", and "more land good, even more land better"?

Also I don't understand the logic begin Virginia wanting to own what is now part of Minnesota, Wisconsin and upper Michigan (and the upper lower half of the other Michigan).
If you take a closer look at the map you'll see the two stripes of territory say "Massachussets and Virginia" / "Connecticut and Virginia", so in theory that Virginian territory in the northwest would be connexted to the rest through the condominiums. I guess.

2404.jpg
Nice map. But it doesn't show the New York claims, which were, shall we say, expansive
New York 1.5.png

Crazy Boris

Banned
Also I don't understand the logic begin Virginia wanting to own what is now part of Minnesota, Wisconsin and upper Michigan (and the upper lower half of the other Michigan).

It might be because those territories were allotted to Virginia by the 1609 colonial charter (and hadn’t been subsequently given to any of the other colonies) and are within the boundaries of the USA at the time, so I guess Virginia just assumed that it was rightfully theirs.