Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

found this on google images
9691482-15614375.jpg

Well.
This will be a model of peace and stability...
Straight lines always work really well for international borders...
And there definitely won't be any issues with Israel stretching from the Suez to Lebanon...
[/sarcasm]

I think the best part is that the straight line southern border for Egypt wasn't straight enough on the projection, so they made it straight for the projection which means there is this weird curve south in reality...

Also, no Stanistan.

To be fair, I think it's supposed to be a rough sketch

But that just makes it a rough sketch of a plan made by someone whose understanding of geopolitics comes mainly from a Let's Play of a Paradox Interactive game

I'll accept that the lines might be just sketches, but it doesn't make it any better. My understanding of geopolitics comes from a few Wikipedia articles, and even I know that putting Armenia into Kurdistan, while leaving Nagorno-Karabakh in Azerbaijan is not a recipe for mutual understanding and harmony.

On another note, can someone enlighten me as to the point of "Arabistan"?

Crazy Boris

Banned
I like how Turkmenistan doesn't include all of actual Turkmenistan

Also I guess Syrian Kurdistan doesn't count as actual Kurdistan but for some reason Armenia does

@Bennett, was this a legitimate proposal? Obviously it wasn't made by someone in politics but was this a serious proposal by someone online?
No clue. Was looking up historical Kurdish states for a map patch, but the site was in Persian or Arabic.
I looked into it, and it appears to be an old plan for divvying up the Middle East. Something from the 1990s, or so.

Apparently it was a tiny bit more complex, but not by much.
@Bennett it was apparently published in 1985, but the source is shady. Arguably, the whole ultra-libanization of the map would come from contemporary events.

bernard%2Blewis.gif

- "Autonomous Alawite entity"
- "Maronite Entity"
-"Druze Entity"
- "Iranistan"
- "Pharaonic Egypt"
- "Northern Suda....Wait
- PHARAONIC EGYPT?! W.T.F.?
- "Northern Sudanese Rump State"
- "Borderless Peninsular States"

Apparently it was a tiny bit more complex, but not by much.
@Bennett it was apparently published in 1985, but the source is shady. Arguably, the whole ultra-libanization of the map would come from contemporary events.

bernard%2Blewis.gif

- "Autonomous Alawite entity"
- "Maronite Entity"
-"Druze Entity"
- "Iranistan"
- "Pharaonic Egypt"
- "Northern Suda....Wait
- PHARAONIC EGYPT?! W.T.F.?
- "Northern Sudanese Rump State"
- "Borderless Peninsular States"
Only slightly better, honestly.

Found this on google images, again.
23upfea.jpg

Website's something like "Green Energy Investors" and the forum titles "US Breakup, can it really happen?" Not clicking the link because it's pretty shady, but I think it's a funny-lookin' map so here we go

Crazy Boris

Banned
Will_The_USA_Shatter.png

How the USA Won't Fucking Shatter
Alright, so I looked into the post, and I found the key. I'm posting the original map again just so the key matches:
23upfea.jpg

A- Joins Canada (Hello! Welcome to Sierra Nevada, Canada!!)

B- California

C- Nation of Utah

D- Texas Republic (¿Perdón?)

E- Greater Illinois (¿Perdón?)

F- Confederation of Appalachia (Heh?)

G- Rich South (Heh?)

H- Greater New England

I - United States (¿PERDÓN?)

How the USA Won't Fucking Shatter
Further addendum: Looking at the entire thread, it's from about 2013, and it seems pretty alt-righty. Most predictions involve white genocide, with one prediction involving the Aztlán ethnostate. Here's the thread if you wanna judge for yourself

ST15RM

Banned
Further addendum: Looking at the entire thread, it's from about 2013, and it seems pretty alt-righty. Most predictions involve white genocide, with one prediction involving the Aztlán ethnostate. Here's the thread if you wanna judge for yourself
Yeah, it is definitely alt-right

never thought that green energy investors could be alt-right