Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Beedok, Jun 15, 2014.

1. DracoLazarus Ouroborus Cataphractus

I'm not even sure Stayin' Alive is realistic for them.

Bomster and Clandango like this.
  2. Mumby im that bob

upload_2019-5-6_1-42-22.png

took me a while but this is what vichy france reckoned they could get out of the war

3. Christory Well-Known Member

Great job, especially with the Worlda-ified occupied UK and the cleaned-up Lebansraum

Another one to add in, I see. Page 1 also includes Hungarian/Romanian/Bulgarian/Turkish claims so I'll add those too if I can confirm their real-ness.

Also, do we have any maps of offworld claims? IIRC one of the Presidential candidates in 2012 suggested annexing the moon.

4. Mumby im that bob

Newt Gingrich wanted to establish a permanent manned lunar base by 2020, and introduce legislation which would have made it a state once it reached a population of 13000.

5. water123 Really bad at names

Does anyone have more information on Japanese Caribbean? It gets thrown around a lot but ive never heard any info on it.

GustavusAdolphus1 likes this.
  6. GustavusAdolphus1 Well-Known Member

Disregarding the part about making it a U.S. state (as that could lead to some controversy), a permanent lunar base isn’t outside the realm of possibility.

7. Clandango Disestablishmentarianist

I personally was thinking more along the lines of the territory of mainland France. When I was thinking of regions too joke about, I realized that almost every French regoin I know the name of would have been under German occupation or slated for annexation by Germany or Italy,

I believe it was just something some Japanese planners or military officials wanted. They thought they could have Cuba as a colony, probably viewing it like the Ryukyus or the Phillipines. Really, it is just one of those things some expansionists wanted for not much rhythm or reason. Heck, I read that some Japanese expansionists labeled Europe and West Asia. Which would have rather expanded the implied scope of the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere.

And if you don't mind, let me know if you are given an alert on this post. I edited your question into a post I already made, and I sometimes wonder if by doing that th eperson i respond too doesn't get alerted.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Crying likes this.
  8. Mr. Bubbles Well-Known Member

I can understand taking Central America, since it would give them control of the Panama Canal, but the Caribbean definitely feels like a "Well, while we're at it" kind of claim.

9. Albidoom Fuzzy Thing

This map of Greater Ukraine was found on reddit (regrettably with zero comments or anything about the source)

greaterukr.jpg

10. Richard Drummond Well-Known Member

Very sexy

Ski and TheKutKu like this.
  11. H.Flashman(VC) Well-Known Member

The dots look like the 1914 borders. So i guess this is an WW 1 era proposal (1918?).

12. Thon Taddeo Well-Known Member

The picture is on the Ukrainian Wikipedia, which states that it's a postcard from 1919.

13. Clandango Disestablishmentarianist

Ahhh yes, the Strange Maps site showed a lot of ridiculous postcard maps. Like showing the Polish Corridor in New England or in England to try making Anglophonics feel in their favor and to treat the Poles with the same scorn as we do with Canadians and Irishmen. Which would be greater still if their countries actually did think it was cheapest to- well, just look for yourself. Some highlights include Canada feeling going through New Hamphrise and Vermont to be the best way to get to the Atlantic (while also apparently losing most of the land from the Maine boundary dispute) while the Irish ignore Northern Ireland in favor of a canal slicing through northern England.

http://www.barronmaps.com/the-danzig-crisis-and-nazi-propaganda-map-postcards-1933-1939/

Crying likes this.
  14. Mr. Bubbles Well-Known Member

upload_2019-5-7_22-47-30.png
    Soviet territorial claims against Turkey from the end of World War II up until 1953.

15. Drex Alférez de caballería

Is this ATL?

16. Iserlohn Amateur Cartographer

Arrondissement Hagen (Grand Duchy of Berg)
    It seems to follow this map which you can even find on Wikipedia, so... it's OTL.

[​IMG]

Chris S, CountofDooku, XFE and 7 others like this.
  17. TheReformer Scheming Bastard

Never mind Vichy France, lets appreciate quite how insane Japan's territorial claims were. Japanese Caribbean - cuz why not.

Gokbay and Christory like this.
  18. Mr. Bubbles Well-Known Member

And all of East and Southeast Asia, India, Oceania, eastern Siberia, and big chunks of North and South America.

I honestly question how they were going to manage all of this singlehandedly, even in their own imaginations.

Gokbay and TheReformer like this.
  19. Mr. Bubbles Well-Known Member

NWO_allies.png
    Continuing our trend of the Axis powers' plans for the New Order
    * Turkey- They would be granted Edirne, Aleppo, the former Mosul region, and many Greek islands.
    * Iran- No major territorial changes, but Iran would be allied with Germany, being "home of the Aryans."
    * Union of South Africa- In return for giving South-West Africa back to Germany for Mittelafrika, South Africa would expand to include Swaziland, Basutoland, Bechuanaland, and Southern Rhodesia. Naturally, it would be like Apartheid South Africa on steroids.

20. xmoose Well-Known Member

No more land in Thracia (ok, goes to Bulgaria probably), Cyprus or some territories on Caucasus? Not sayin Azerbaijan (Germany needs OIL!!!) but at least some parts of Georgia and Armenia...
    And wonder if SA could expect more, North Rhodesia at least. After all Hitler wasn´t that much interested in Africa, I think that even return of former colonies there wasn´t one of his top priorities.