Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Beedok, Jun 15, 2014.

1. pieman97405 Desperate to leave this timeline.

There was also a 1941 sequel to this proposal/book entitled Union Now With Britain. Had the same goal, but on a smaller scale.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Crying likes this.
  2. Wendell Wendell

Styria. Asturias is in Spain.

King_Arthur likes this.
  3. Clandango Disestablishmentarianist

One of the odder things spellcheck changed my words too.

Wendell likes this.
  4. Drex Alférez de caballería

So prior to the war of the Spanish Succession France, England and the United Provinces signed a series of treaties to partition the Spanish Empire in Europe. France would renounce to it's claims to the Spanish throne, but would receive the State of the Presidi, Finale, Naples and Sicily. France would also acquire Lorraine, but the duke of Lorraine would be granted Milan as a compensation and to avoid French influence so close to Austria. Another proposal was that France would relinquish control of Sicily and Naples to Savoy in exchange for Nice and Savoy. The maps show: Europe in OTL 1700. The first partition traty. The second partition traty (concerning Savoy).
    upload_2018-12-18_20-42-8.png

5. Christory Well-Known Member

6. Viralworld Éirí Amach an Ghealach Donor

Wow, these are quite well done

Prof_Chemical and Christory like this.
  7. xmoose Well-Known Member

This doesn´t sound as fair deal to me :D

8. DracoLazarus Ouroborus Cataphractus

Hmmmm
    Throw in Piedmont, though, and it would be fair.

9. xmoose Well-Known Member

About western China/eastern Turkestan... I hear that Japanese concerning some Turkestani/Uyghur state which would be ruled by some ottoman prince :evilsmile:

10. Xianfeng Emperor Amateur Iran-o-phile

>Uses a hoi4 basemap
    Ew

11. Bennett Human Time-Waster

>Well-researched
    >Japanese-owned Australia and New Zealand
    Look, I know it's a Complete Axis Win™ but even that is hard to believe.

12. Christory Well-Known Member

Anyone can feel free to turn it into a Worlda or (perhaps better for this) QBAM.

Please.

He also forgot about reichskommissiarat Turkestan, but hey, it's still a good attempt.

13. Christory Well-Known Member

For comparison, here's what the rest of the thread says regarding an Axis victory (and yes I went through all 72 pages for this):

14. Xianfeng Emperor Amateur Iran-o-phile

The former honestly reads like a more conservative take on Kaiserreich, right down to Sternburgbooism. The latter reads like a more aggressive version of the TNO Mod.

xsampa, Iustinus Tempus and andry2806 like this.
  15. Kosta What Cuāuhtemōc said

Has anyone ever successfully made a Q-Bam for the proposals of the Treaty of Sèvres? There's a 1919 Q-Bam out there, but I don't find it to be accurate at all. I've tried drawing everything by hand but it's proving to be too difficult and I don't trust just eyeballing it.

16. Kosta What Cuāuhtemōc said

Did you ever end up making this by any chance?

17. Drex Alférez de caballería

Here's the worst attempt ever
    upload_2018-12-20_13-39-36.png

18. felixs Active Member

Those weird lines weren't what Turkey realisticaly hoped as peace borders, they are the frontlines at the time of armistice. Turkey's expectation and bargaining position was that it will be allowed to keep any land it still occupied after the armistice in middle east so during the last few days before the armistice was signed on 30 October 1918 while negotiations were still going on, British army break through the frontlines and made a rush against time to force Turks out of Aleppo and Mosul, they managed to force Turkish army to retreat just outside Aleppo and came very close to Mosul. I will try to find a map of Turkey's proposals for southern borders in 1919-1920 before they signed the border treaty with France in 1921, thats the modern border between Turkey and Syria besides the Hatay province which Turkey got from France in 1938-1939. Turkey also claimed Northern Iraq until 1926.

This red arrows shows British advance to Aleppo (Halep), Mosul (Musul) and Kirkuk (Kerkük) at the end of the war. Turkish southern front in Syria collapsed in mid-September 1918 and British and their Arap allies entered Damascus in 1 October and Beirut in 6 October as Turkish army steadily tried to pull back to form a stable new front and negotiate the armistice at the same time.

2-Suriye_ve_Irak_Cephaleri.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Crying and Analytical Engine like this.
  19. Entrerriano Well-Known Member

German Victory ww1.png
    Gave the WW1 map my best try with Worlda.

20. felixs Active Member

This maps shows Turkish nationalist goverments claims according to 1918 armistice for southern Turkish border with Syria and Iraq in 1919-1920 period correctly, i will try to find a more detailed one from some books. Turkey strongly tried to claim this southern border including, Aleppo, Mosul and Kirkuk but eventually had to settle for much less, otherwise map isn't really correctly drawn. Turkey of course wished for Western Trace, Batum and Nakhchivan to join Turkey too but they were never realistic claims as Allies were trying to force the Sevres treaty on Turkey. Even Eastern Thrace and most of Western Turkey was under Greek ocupation at this point. Turkey was claiming back Batum, Kars and Ardahan provinces (lost in 1878 to Russia) according to Brest-Litovsk Treaty but had to pull out it's troops after the armistice. In 1920 after a brief war Turkey got back from Georgia and Armenia Kars -Ardahan provinces and negotiations with Soviet Union resulted creation of autonomous republics in Batum and Nakhchivan with Turkey eventually getting minority rights for Muslims in Western Thrace in 1923 peace treaty. Cyprus and Rhodes were still legally treated as Turkish territory but those claims and also most other Aegean island claims were not very realistic at this point and dropped during peace negotiations in 1923. Although map's borders shows some claims from Bulgaria and Iran too, I'm very sure Turkey didn't claims any lands from Bulgaria other than Western Thrace or had any claims from Iran after the end of the war in 1918.

basliksiz-1-1477223544.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Gokbay, Kovalenko, Miner and 8 others like this.