Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Beedok, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Chris S Member

The global map showing the possible plans for a harsh peace with Russia with a Duchy of Lithuania and Finland going to Sweden (based on a map Romul did) also showing Portugal and Italy as planned...

Again note these are on base maps from 2011, so it would need updating.

Europe 1812 Napoleon plan for Portugal and possible plan for Russia harsh peace maybe.png

Kirook, Bomster and Crying like this.
  2. Chris S Member

And now a map of what Napoleon was prepared to give up in order to keep his alliance with the Tsar:

Europe 1812 Napoleon plan for Portugal and possible plan for Russia what he would sacrifice to k.png

Bomster, Kirook, Gwachiko and 2 others like this.
  3. Clandango Disestablishmentarianist

Quite nice. But why would Napoleon give up being King of Italy in order to unify it with Naples and Sicily? Or did he simply annex those to Italy so he would be the king of that area as well? And what are your sources for the Austrians in Saxony? Not a criticism, just wondering on your sources as it seems very interesting.

EDIT: I see from the last page it is that Napoleon becomes King of Italy for the southern portions as well. Still, odd he would do that instead of keeping his sister and others around. Perhaps he got bored with his old in-laws, their intense loyalty be damned.

4. Chris S Member

I believe it was the latter.

I didn't take it negatively. It isn't my source. This is a map I did in 2011 based off another map that I think Romul had posted around that time showing the French invasion of Russia and attempts or plans to set up a Lithuanian puppet state. The only changes I made to the map were in Portugal, Spain, Italy and Finland.

Yes, who knows? :D

5. shiftygiant Auf Wiedersehen Gone Fishin'

I did my best to make a patch; the left is Serbian and Greek Aims, the Right Bulgarian and Romanian.

serbian and greek.png

serbian and greek.png

No_Names_Left321 and Jasmak like this.
  6. 22iron thunder "This is painful and it will be for a long time."

I wonder, whats the area of the american reservation? could you physically fit the entire US population in ~1945 in it?

7. shiftygiant Auf Wiedersehen Gone Fishin'

Worlda and QBam patch:

splotch.png

splotch.png

8. shiftygiant Auf Wiedersehen Gone Fishin'

It's a third of the Trans-Pecos region, so at a rough estimate, about 25,529 km2. Population is 139,928,165, so we're looking at 5481 per km2. In the Trans Pecos region. Which is desert.

9. Iserlohn Amateur Cartographer

This deserves the worlda treatment: [​IMG]

10. Clandango Disestablishmentarianist

And yet it is still a Texas wank. Much like real life.

Just needs DC added and then it would be perfect.

11. Faeelin Lord of Ten Thousand Years

... What did he give up?

12. Clandango Disestablishmentarianist

The Grand Duchy of Warsaw, it would seem. Though I imagine the Czar would want his earlier treaties to be honed, meaning Napoleon gave his German relatives back their land. After all, the Russians left the Danubian Principalities and gave the French the Ionions on their side of the bargain. Of course, the Russians also had the booty of their portion of Poland to begin with. Also, didn't the Czar have some alliance requiring French aid against Turkey? Might be. Good map if someone can find the details.

13. 22iron thunder "This is painful and it will be for a long time."

Id like to if no ones already.:D

14. B_Munro Member

That's not really a proposal or war aim: IIRC, that map's a historian's idea of what a "less manifest destiny" US might look like.

Pretty neat, I will admit.

15. 22iron thunder "This is painful and it will be for a long time."

Yeah but i suppose you could argue for like i dunno like mexico retaking lost territory or something?
    Map:
    A Lesser United States.png

A Lesser United States.png

16. Iserlohn Amateur Cartographer

So I've stumbled across this on Tumblr...

[​IMG]

Crying likes this.
  17. Anekcahdep Ta'averen

I made a map of the Hoare Laval Pact, which in OTL came somewhat close to happening (Mussolini approved of it) but never came about.

Hoareā€“Laval Pact.png

Crying likes this.
  18. Chris S Member

Is this an actual OTL proposal or something you came up with? If the latter it isn't what this thread is for.....

19. Don Quijote Biggar/Davies 2019

Its from the pre-1900 thread on an Alternate Congress of Vienna. Where should it be?

20. Beedok I exist.

The map thread. This is for proposals made by diplomats and such from OTL that weren't approved.

jkisaprank likes this.