Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Why did they think Austro-Moravia was a good idea?
From some point of view it make at least a bit a sense: economically this land was really, really close to Vienna (just look on map of Moravia, with all main rivers going south, to Danube). Another factor could be catholic church, stronger than in Bohemia, an german minority: czech and german Moravians had far less

The Netherlands were neutral so they didn't earn any acquisitions.

Err...

- Territories annexed by Netherlands
- Territories annexed by Danmark.
Granted, we're talking discussion and sketches rather than anything formalized there, but there was the idea giving Netherlands part of German territory if it came to this. As for Limburg, as it wasn't mentioned in what I could access to, I guess it's just a cartographic fart on this map. It happens.

1830 could have ended differently

426px-Partition-plan-Talleyrand-en.svg.png

Vuu

Banned
Basically the Carrington-Cutillero plan adapted to the existing municipal structure. It's basically a territorial majority map - what ethnicity is present in most of the territory of the municipality, I gave it to them, but with neutral urban Sarajevo, as with original plan.

Attachments

• div3.png
    div3.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 650

Crazy Boris

Banned
While looking for maps of the Sikh Empire on Google Images, I found some... interesting South Asian irredentist maps.

main-qimg-c0cb3e7db0a52b2726cccae82d45a480

First off we have some kind of Sikh wank, which, if this were an actual country, would be heavily Hindu and Muslim, which I would think rather negates the purpose of a Sikh country.
CLYS5coUYAEv4NO.jpg

Next up we have Pakistan growing tentacles into a broken India, but oddly enough not retaking Bangladesh. What becomes of Sikkim, Assam, the Andamans and Nicobars, Manipur etc.? No clue, maybe they all go independent.
K4iDQBoLXG-ZNzCR2Xsp5lY5dF98MMouhV2LFn_R7BelAocWJjWB6oWml65Inc9wFZ7hQ-P7dUk9TVp9=w320-h220

another thrilling Sikh wank, this time adding a bunch of Buddhist regions to increase the not-Sikh-ness of this Sikh Empire.
7WVlWDP.jpg

a religiously balkanized India that doesn't even name most of its countries and for some reason gives all of Rajasthan and Gujarat to the Jains (are there a lot of Jains there? Im not really sure. Probably not enough to justify giving them that whole thing, though.)

Crazy Boris

Banned
by the way, for reference, this is India's religious makeup in 2011. So most of these religious-based new countries in that last one wouldnt even be the religion they're supposed to be. Looking at you, Goa. And Kerala. And the like, nine other states that dont match.
India religion.png

Attachments

• India religion.png
    India religion.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 631

Skallagrim

Banned
by the way, for reference, this is India's religious makeup in 2011. So most of these religious-based new countries in that last one wouldnt even be the religion they're supposed to be. Looking at you, Goa. And Kerala. And the like, nine other states that dont match.

Interestingly, this map claims to show majorities, but going by a few of the indicated percentages, actually shows pluralities (largest single groups, whether they're actually a majority or not).

Here is a map of the same 2011 census date, broken down by district. It also shows how silly many of the proposed irridentist plans actually are, but offers a little more detail. (For instance, this shows us that while Kashmir as a whole has a Muslim majority, as shown on the other map, the sensible option would be to split it in two.)

0tvii7c911dy.png

Did the Soviets plan to make Finland as a puppet “People’s Democracy” state or directly annexed it as a S.S.R?
I doubt there was a firmly established plan at this point, Soviet considerations for Eastern Europe not being firmly planned even in 1945, but I think the need to appear as open to compromise from Soviet diplomacy would make a "Democratic Finland" at least formally independent from USSR more likely in short term, as well in order to stress the idea of "new Democracy" as possible alternative to sovietization which took a greater importance in soviet ML in this period.

AF.png

Here we have the United States of Africa, a proposed federation of the entire continent, as proposed by people like Marcus Garvey and Muammar Gaddafi

This just proves to me that Gaddafi was crazy in his lifetime. There is no way this would've worked. A African equivalent to the European Union, maybe, but not one massive nation state. Africa has many cultures that would not have blended well in this united continent.

Also, why is Madagascar excluded?

No kidding. And as far as I know, he didn't consider Madagascar part of Africa