Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Beedok, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Red Arturoist Napoleon II. - Marxist-Arturoist-Trałkaist Donor

Why did most of these plans want to give a significant part of Turkey to Italy? Has Italy ever had anything to do with these specific parts of Turkey after the Byzantine Empire had fallen? Is there a specific Italian minority or something involved?

2. Etruscan-enthusiast35 Human until proven guilty

Hobbiton, The Shire, Eriador, Middle-Earth
    I think it's just to let the Italians think they're important (either that or nobody else wanted that land) point is Italy's the ButtMonkey of the allies that everyone just sort of mildly acknowledges and that's about it.

The Undead Martyr likes this.
  3. LSCatilina Vassican Labosiotos Vergagnatos

Mostly as a continuation of Italian Dodecanese and "Italy stronk" pep talk.
    After 1917, it was to compensate from Russia withdrawal from war and to motivate Italians pulling more.

4. Analytical Engine Monarchist Collectivist Federalist

Poor, poor Albania.

5. LSCatilina Vassican Labosiotos Vergagnatos

There's, maybe, a more precise exemple of what was actually discussed about Germany in governemental and military circles in November 1916. It never really was formalized for various reasons, one of them being the necessity giving something credible and acceptable enough by London. The January 1917 programme, essentially restricted to Alsace Lorraine and reparations was essentially made in this perspective; while talks with Russians favoured an harsh peace for Germany but never went anywhere, especially after November 1917.

[​IMG]
    - Territories annexed by France
    - Territories annexed by Russia
    - Territories annexed by Netherlands
    - Territories annexed by Danmark
    - Left-Bank of the Rhine either under permanent occupation, or cut-off from the Reign and autonomous under french-belgian protectorate, or annexed by France and Belgium
    - Independent Kingdom of Hannover
    - Independent Kingdom of Bavaria.

6. Wendell Wendell

What happened to Limburg?

H.Flashman(VC) and Halcyon Dayz like this.
  7. LSCatilina Vassican Labosiotos Vergagnatos

It either involves a complex successions of events tied to time travel with a dark and ancient conspiracy to put dragons back into our world as virtual overlords of all-that-is;
    either it's bad border-making

8. Somewhereovertherainbow Well-Known Member

I actually think a few years back a former US soldier who worked at the base visited my house for a presentation my neighbors (who both have gone to Antarctica atleast more than twenty times) did.

I sadly don't remember the soldiers name though

9. xmoose Well-Known Member

From some point of view it make at least a bit a sense: economically this land was really, really close to Vienna (just look on map of Moravia, with all main rivers going south, to Danube). Another factor could be catholic church, stronger than in Bohemia, an german minority: czech and german Moravians had far less

LSCatilina likes this.
  10. Halcyon Dayz Hobbesian Anarchist™

Swapped with Belgium for German territory?
    It gives Belgium better access to the Left Bank.
    The Netherlands were neutral so they didn't earn any acquisitions.

11. LSCatilina Vassican Labosiotos Vergagnatos

Err...

Granted, we're talking discussion and sketches rather than anything formalized there, but there was the idea giving Netherlands part of German territory if it came to this. As for Limburg, as it wasn't mentioned in what I could access to, I guess it's just a cartographic fart on this map. It happens.

Wendell and H.Flashman(VC) like this.
  12. Albidoom Fuzzy Thing

1830 could have ended differently

[​IMG]

13. Drex Alférez de caballería

So I did an 8K-BAM patch of that proposal.
    Proposed Provinces of China.png

14. Vuu Resident Serb expert Banned

Basically the Carrington-Cutillero plan adapted to the existing municipal structure. It's basically a territorial majority map - what ethnicity is present in most of the territory of the municipality, I gave it to them, but with neutral urban Sarajevo, as with original plan.

Attached Files:

• div3.png
      div3.png
      File size:
      58.9 KB
      Views:
    Tomislav Addai, Crying, Drex and 2 others like this.
  15. Bennett Human Time-Waster

Yep, that's been posted a couple times; I even made a QBAM-type patch for it:
    Talleyrand_Plan_QBAM.png

16. Chris S Member

Something seems off with the QBAM patch though. Where did that finger of Prussian land sticking into France come from?

Crying likes this.
  17. Bennett Human Time-Waster

Yeah... I think I based it off of Belgium's modern internal divisions, so that's why, probably.

18. Wendell Wendell

Should have followed the rivers.

19. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

While looking for maps of the Sikh Empire on Google Images, I found some... interesting South Asian irredentist maps.

[​IMG]
    First off we have some kind of Sikh wank, which, if this were an actual country, would be heavily Hindu and Muslim, which I would think rather negates the purpose of a Sikh country.
    [​IMG]
    Next up we have Pakistan growing tentacles into a broken India, but oddly enough not retaking Bangladesh. What becomes of Sikkim, Assam, the Andamans and Nicobars, Manipur etc.? No clue, maybe they all go independent.
    [​IMG]
    another thrilling Sikh wank, this time adding a bunch of Buddhist regions to increase the not-Sikh-ness of this Sikh Empire.
    [​IMG]
    a religiously balkanized India that doesn't even name most of its countries and for some reason gives all of Rajasthan and Gujarat to the Jains (are there a lot of Jains there? Im not really sure. Probably not enough to justify giving them that whole thing, though.)

20. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

by the way, for reference, this is India's religious makeup in 2011. So most of these religious-based new countries in that last one wouldnt even be the religion they're supposed to be. Looking at you, Goa. And Kerala. And the like, nine other states that dont match.
    India religion.png

Attached Files: