Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Beedok, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Analytical Engine Monarchist Collectivist Federalist

And grab Alsace-Lorraine.

2. LSCatilina Vassican Labosiotos Vergagnatos

And black jack! And hookers!

Kaiser_Jaeger likes this.
  3. LSCatilina Vassican Labosiotos Vergagnatos

Spéciale décidace à @Augenis

THE LITHUANIAN PROBLEM
    by Marian Świechowski
    [​IMG]
    Basically a proposed solution to the issue of Polish-Lithuanian borders, especially with the crisis of Kaunas/Kovno. French diplomacy really recieved a blunder there because while supporting Poland, there was a real fear that it would push Lithuania in the arms of Germany, if not Bolshevik Russia.
    A common mentioned "solution" in 1923 was that Poland could integrated Lithuania as a whole into a new federation, on which Lithuania would be dominated but allowed a greater territory involving much of NW Poland.

(The picture doesn't seems to load correctly, so I put a link in the title)

The text basically say that while Lithuania really wants to unilateraly impose its territorial hegemony, (sic.) then Poland would be ready to integrate Lithuania in a new Polish-Lithuanian federal state (Red stripes over Yellow and white)
    Now, if Lithuanians are still bent against Poland and favoring Germany, that would be their choice (if irrational) and they would be let as a client state of Germany is they want so, but only based on "ethnographic Lithuania" (blue stripes). Poland would even let some territories outside agreed 1920 border in exchange of Kaunas/Kowno.

4. Augenis Latvia isn't real Banned

That tentacle into Lithuanian territory to take that small enclave of Polish speakers around Kėdainiai is cancer and if I ever see it in any AH.com map or timeline, I will throw cold cepelinai at the windows of the perpetrator.

Wendell and LSCatilina like this.
  5. Iserlohn Amateur Cartographer

This isn't as much as a proposal but rather something which actually existed for like almost ten years. These are the PRoC's territorial subdivisions in 1949, and they mostly stayed like this until the late 1950s. Provinces and autonomous regions are in blue, territories in pink, separate municipalities in red. Since there are proposals to divide the bigger Chinese provinces even today, this is something one could easily draw inspiration from. Here is a list with all the data on them, including their abolition dates.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Miner, Charger24, Wendell and 7 others like this.
  6. Nathan Bernacki Well-Known Member

What could've the US possibly hoped to gain by buying Greenland?

7. Somewhereovertherainbow Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly the United States attempted to buy the island to launch bombers capable of carrying atom bombs in the event of a Soviet attack

8. Drex Alférez de caballería

Apart from a closer base to European Russia (flying through the North Pole saves a lot of time) a vaste land full of natural resources the US could exploit, such as oil, fishing rights, coal etc...

Crying and Deltax10 like this.
  9. Chris S Member

Why is Qamdo territory labelled in Blue though?

10. Iserlohn Amateur Cartographer

After taking a quick look at the Wikipedia article again, it differentiates between territories (Qamdo) and "administrative territories", the ones in pink. What's also interesting is that there seems to have been an arbitrary distinction between Autonomous Regions (aka Inner Mongolia) and just plain Regions (Tibet). It just seems like the early PRoC wasn't very consistent when it came to subdivisions.

11. Chris S Member

Okay. I see.

The distinction between Autonomous Regions and just plain Regions I can understand since Tibet was conquered after the founding of the PRC and was being incorporated.

12. Luminous Headwing Consulting

A subcontinent for the price of a single Iowa class battleship? That sounds like a great deal, honestly.

Also buy now and we'll throw in five destroyers FOR FREE supplieslimitedvoidwhereprohibiteddealnotvalidinallconstitutencies

13. ninel Ariana Grande Defence Force

[​IMG]

Kingdom of Upper Italy, as envisaged by French-Sardinian treaty of 1859.

14. Mr. Bubbles Well-Known Member

United_Armenia.png
    In contrast to Whole Azerbaijan, here we have United Armenia

15. LSCatilina Vassican Labosiotos Vergagnatos

Originally the proposal, from what I could find, included Parma and Modena; the creation of a Kingdom of Central Italia with Tuscany and Papal state without Rome and the maintain of the Two Sicilies Kingdom under a moral confederal authority from Papal Rome.

[​IMG]

The ratification of the treaty didn't mentioned what was to happen to the duchies and central Italy, probably to keep enough manoeuvre for both French and Sardinian diplomacy.

16. Thon Taddeo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These are the maximum demands of the Armenian delegation at the Paris Peace Conference.

Swede, Kovalenko, fluttersky and 9 others like this.
  17. ETGalaxy Long live the King of America!

That is one big Armenia.

AUGGP and LSCatilina like this.
  18. LSCatilina Vassican Labosiotos Vergagnatos

That is one big Kurdistan!

Swede and ETGalaxy like this.
  19. Luminous Headwing Consulting

That...

Has already been posted.

I'll see myself out. :D

Suumia, ETGalaxy and LSCatilina like this.
  20. Bennett Human Time-Waster

found this on google images
    [​IMG]