Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Parts of Burma annexed by Thailand during WW2 in full lavender and claimed areas in striped
800px-Saharat_Thai_Doem_map.png

Skallagrim

Banned
I wonder why they do not claim at least part of that loooong strip at the southeast of Burma...

The southernmost portion of that strip is actually populated by a Thai majority, but a part of Thailand adjacent to large parts of south-eastern Myanmar is actually not ethnically Thai. I don't think Thailand would want to stir up ethnic seperatist tendencies in those regions, as it might not end in their favour...

This map of the Tai languages (of which Thai is the most prominent) illustrates the situation.

I wonder why they do not claim at least part of that loooong strip at the southeast of Burma...
The southernmost portion of that strip is actually populated by a Thai majority, but a part of Thailand adjacent to large parts of south-eastern Myanmar is actually not ethnically Thai. I don't think Thailand would want to stir up ethnic seperatist tendencies in those regions, as it might not end in their favour...

This map of the Tai languages (of which Thai is the most prominent) illustrates the situation.
Also this ethno-linguistic map may help as well:
600px-Ethnolinguistic_map_of_Burma_1972_en.svg.png

Planned partition of Japan post-WWII. Would’ve been implemented if Operation Downfall went ahead.

6495B9EE-AB93-43A3-9346-806DC904D7A0.png

Last edited:
Planned partition of Japan post-WWII. Would’ve been implemented if Operation Downfall went ahead. View attachment 394079
kinda makes me wonder what kinds of culture could develop in each part of Japan if this had happened--how different would cuisine in Chinese-occupied Shikoku be from the Anglo-American occupation areas around it, for example?

I'd love to see what would happen with Chinese-occupied Japan during and inmediately after the civil war, maybe we could have an extended Taiwan?