Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Beedok, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Bennett Human Time-Waster

Alright, might start work on a couple QBAMs for this thread tomorrow (maybe with added Worlda), probably of:
    *the 1863 prediction of Europe
    *State of Muskogee
    and
    *the fake British map of German war goals in South America

if any of y'all got suggestions, I'm all ears

Analytical Engine likes this.
  2. Spiritual Sausage Well-Known Member

How about a map or two from this post or try a larger version of the map on this emblem?

3. Bennett Human Time-Waster

I'll consider it; though I'm not quite sure where the emblem's supposed to be.

4. Spiritual Sausage Well-Known Member

It's an aspirant Arab state in the Iranian provinces of Khuzestan, Bushehr and Kohgiluyeh, formerly supported by Saddam Hussein back in the 90s iirc

5. TheFakeGeeLee Active Member

Here's various proposals for Germany's Eastern Border following World War 2 Vertreibungsgebiet.jpg

Kirook, Blind, Don Quijote and 12 others like this.
  6. Drex Alférez de caballería

Proposed partition of Spain after WW2.

This plan was an actual joint request by Basque and Catalan nationalists should Francoist Spain join the war as an Axis power issued to the British government on January 18th 1941. Both factions considered than an Allied victory was just a matter of time and wanted to take profit from it.

The Basque plan included annexing the next territories: "...on the North the Pyrenees and the Bay of Biscay, on the Easte the Gállego river, on the South the Ebro river until Gallur and the water divisory between the Ebro and the Duero basins from Moncayo on the whole extension of both vertients and on the West cape Ajo (Peña Cantábrica)."

The Catalan claims were mostly vague, but they claimed annexing all Catalan-speaking areas into a Greater Catalonia. Spanish-speaking parts of Valencia would also be annexed. Both factions stated that "whatever happened, Spain shall not border France". This means that all lands south of the Pyrenees would be given to either the Basque Republic or Catalonia. Catalan nationalists also claim Aragon and the city of Alger (Alghero, Sardinia), but that falls out of the map.

Andorra would be a joint Franco-Catalan protectorate.

Portugal would annex Galicia should it join the allies (if not, Galicia would be a sovereign nation) but would gain Olivença no matter what.

The Spanish protectorate of Morocco would cede to the French part. The fate of the rest of Spanish colonies is unknow.

The Canaries would become a British protectorate, given that the British war plans if Spain joined the Axis included a quick occupation of the islands before the Germans could use them as U-Boat bases (even if the Canarias would be defended to the last man by the Spaniards). After the war why would be a mandate and in the afterwards they'd become an independent republic.
    propuesta de la delegación vasca en londres.png

7. Mr. Bubbles Well-Known Member

A divided spain.png
    Worlda version

Thon Taddeo, Cool-Eh, Kirook and 17 others like this.
  8. Spiritual Sausage Well-Known Member

Parts of Burma annexed by Thailand during WW2 in full lavender and claimed areas in striped
    [​IMG]

9. Wendell Wendell

Why not include the Thai claims against Laos in this same era?

Analytical Engine likes this.
  10. Spiritual Sausage Well-Known Member

Cause that Wikipedia map is just for Burma idk

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  11. xmoose Well-Known Member

I wonder why they do not claim at least part of that loooong strip at the southeast of Burma...

Crying likes this.
  12. Skallagrim Not the one from YouTube. Different other fellow.

The southernmost portion of that strip is actually populated by a Thai majority, but a part of Thailand adjacent to large parts of south-eastern Myanmar is actually not ethnically Thai. I don't think Thailand would want to stir up ethnic seperatist tendencies in those regions, as it might not end in their favour...

This map of the Tai languages (of which Thai is the most prominent) illustrates the situation.

Crying and xmoose like this.
  13. Spiritual Sausage Well-Known Member

Also this ethno-linguistic map may help as well:
    [​IMG]

Crying, Shaymin0000 and Skallagrim like this.
  14. Spiritual Sausage Well-Known Member

Schleswig-Holstein partition proposals from 1864
    [​IMG]

Swede, Hawkeye, Kirook and 12 others like this.
  15. BigVic Well-Known Member

Planned partition of Japan post-WWII. Would’ve been implemented if Operation Downfall went ahead.

6495B9EE-AB93-43A3-9346-806DC904D7A0.png

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  16. Flashman A Real Go-Getter

Occupation =/= Partition

Kirook, Damian0358, water123 and 3 others like this.
  17. oshron Emperor of Rplegacy

kinda makes me wonder what kinds of culture could develop in each part of Japan if this had happened--how different would cuisine in Chinese-occupied Shikoku be from the Anglo-American occupation areas around it, for example?

Bomster likes this.
  18. Mr. Bubbles Well-Known Member

Funny enough, I posted a similar map when I first found this thread

19. Beedok I exist.

How many Hong Kong born folks would end up in Sino-British Osaka I wonder?

20. Drex Alférez de caballería

I'd love to see what would happen with Chinese-occupied Japan during and inmediately after the civil war, maybe we could have an extended Taiwan?