Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

World War I: Restoring Poland, by the Library of Congress
Map 1
Map 2
Map 3
Map 1 in QBAM form (will soon do the other two, I hope Google Translate can help me)
1640446462735.png

Polish Nucleus:
1640446526311.png

Polish Nucleus + Polish Fringe:
1640446591369.png

French Proposal (Includes Nucleus and Fringe):
1640446611412.png

French Proposal + Maximum Claims in the East:
1640446675754.png

Maximum Claims in the East only, no French Proposal in the West:
1640446744386.png

Similar to the Expansionist Party, here is Guyana, USA, an organization devoted to making Guyana an American state. Its membership appears to be limited and it is run out of a law office in New York, but they have some interesting ideas, like making every currently independent country in the Caribbean a state.

1640466265810.png

I gotta be real - if you're gonna use the American flag in the canton you either need to just use the stripes or the stars/naval jack. I prefer stars, but I acknowledge they're crowded and the stripes are more visually striking...

Crazy Boris

Banned
Similar to the Expansionist Party, here is Guyana, USA, an organization devoted to making Guyana an American state. Its membership appears to be limited and it is run out of a law office in New York, but they have some interesting ideas, like making every currently independent country in the Caribbean a state.

View attachment 705901

“How do we change these flags to be more American?”

“Just use the American colors and maybe throw a star on there, and replace the Union Jack with old glory on any flags with that”

Because as we all know, American State flags never use other colors. And Hawaii? What Union Jack, that’s a Union Jim, totally different.

Also

I have to point out

“British Virgin Islands, USA”
“Dutch Antilles, USA”

Some of those options make Wyoming look like California.
Agreed. TTLs Senate would be so imbalanced.

I gotta be real - if you're gonna use the American flag in the canton you either need to just use the stripes or the stars/naval jack. I prefer stars, but I acknowledge they're crowded and the stripes are more visually striking...
For sure, though the fact this appears to be the side project of some attorney makes me think there wasn't too much thought devoted to the flags.

“How do we change these flags to be more American?”

“Just use the American colors and maybe throw a star on there, and replace the Union Jack with old glory on any flags with that”

Because as we all know, American State flags never use other colors. And Hawaii? What Union Jack, that’s a Union Jim, totally different.

Also

I have to point out

“British Virgin Islands, USA”
“Dutch Antilles, USA”
The names definitely need some work. I am amused by the state of Dominican Republic.

Yeah but no one calls it “American Columbia” like how people say “US Virgin Islands” and “British Virgin Islands”. I don’t think they even did back then
The British back then refered to the South Part of the Oregon Country as American Columbia, since to them "Oregon" didn't exist, it had always been called Columbia by British settlers and administration. "Oregon Country", which the American settlers and administration used came from the French fur traders that sometimes crossed the Rockies, calling the place between basically the Klamath and the Queen Charlotte Islands "Pays de l'Ouragon", which itself came from the Spanish Orájon or Oréjon

The British back then refered to the South Part of the Oregon Country as American Columbia, since to them "Oregon" didn't exist, it had always been called Columbia by British settlers and administration. "Oregon Country", which the American settlers and administration used came from the French fur traders that sometimes crossed the Rockies, calling the place between basically the Klamath and the Queen Charlotte Islands "Pays de l'Ouragon", which itself came from the Spanish Orájon or Oréjon
I thought Oregon came from a native (Ojibwe?) word "Waurecan," which meant "Great River." It was originally tied to the Ohio, and then was tied by French trappers to the mythical "River of the West," a series of rivers lakes and portages that would lead from the Northwest Territories to the Pacific.