Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

I'm talking about the Southern Sinitic Peoples, so the Yue, Taishanese, Wu, Hoklo, Teochew, Hokchew, Putian, Hainan Mins, Hakkas, Pinghuas, ...
Even if that's what you originally meant (and you didn't mention them in your previous post), that's a load of nonsense. No one in those dialect groups (outside of a couple nuts on the fringe) identify as anything other than Han Chinese, and they share the exact same written language as other Han Chinese (no one can claim that written French is the same as written Portuguese).

Even if that's what you originally meant (and you didn't mention them in your previous post), that's a load of nonsense. No one in those dialect groups (outside of a couple nuts on the fringe) identify as anything other than Han Chinese, and they share the exact same written language as other Han Chinese (no one can claim that written French is the same as written Portuguese).
I mentioned them as "South Chinese Peoples" because that's kind of how ethnologists refer to them, to differentiate them from Jins and Northern Hans.

I mentioned them as "South Chinese Peoples" because that's kind of how ethnologists refer to them, to differentiate them from Jins and Northern Hans.
But they're not really separate ethnicities? Like, south China has cultural differences from North China. And areas within those regions have differences from each other, although the North is much more homogenous. But saying the word "Jins" as if it's a defined ethnic group is not correct. They're all explicitly the same ethnicity.

Last edited:
i bet there are people who are proud of where they are from, like in the uk, the majority of the people in say, yorkshire think of themselves as english, but they also have a yorkshire identity, as well as a more local one, say hull. doesnt mean theyd view yorkshire as a seperate nation that should have its own state, but they still have concept of local exceptionalism.

Last edited:
I think this goes here:

800px-Belgique_1830.jpg

Belgium's border claims prior to the settlement with the Netherlands.

These aren't claims, these are the legitimate borders that Belgium owned after its Revolution.
My point is that its borders weren't actually finalised until 1839. The borders were still under dispute, and Belgium was forced to give up portions of Limburg and Luxembourg in the peace deal.

This is NOT proposal but I think it fits here more than in shitposting ...
Countries closest to Russia
(source: Simon shows you map, FB)
203668167_1169412990137132_3701637312461298818_n.jpg

This is NOT proposal but I think it fits here more than in shitposting ...
Countries closest to Russia
(source: Simon shows you map, FB)
203668167_1169412990137132_3701637312461298818_n.jpg
Mongolia gets a gnome hat, nice.

Now, as a shitpost this is actually kinda interesting if it were to happen. Especially the shenanigans over the newly shared US-China border...

Crazy Boris

Banned
What if Belgium had been given all of the Netherlands' Catholic lands, though. :p

nl181539.gif
I find it kind of weird how this map recognizes Flemish as a distinct language, but not Walloon,

and using the Luxembourgish name for Luxembourgish instead of “Luxembourgish” is also a bit odd.