Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Will you ever learn why it actually makes sense?
Well, some of it makes sense... but basically the author just preserved some current boundaries (where he felt like it, I suppose), replaced others with isopleths between linguistic groups or religious sects, and others appear just contrived - like the one between Stronk Jordan and the "Islamic Sacred State"...
I suppose ("ASS" and "SHIT" aside :p - honestly if someone hadn't pointed that out, I wouldn't have noticed), it may be a genuine effort to put forth a credible solution to some real-world problems... but it's a bit of a sophomore effort....

Well, some of it makes sense... but basically the author just preserved some current boundaries (where he felt like it, I suppose), replaced others with isopleths between linguistic groups or religious sects, and others appear just contrived - like the one between Stronk Jordan and the "Islamic Sacred State"...
I suppose ("ASS" and "SHIT" aside :p - honestly if someone hadn't pointed that out, I wouldn't have noticed), it may be a genuine effort to put forth a credible solution to some real-world problems... but it's a bit of a sophomore effort....
I think the borders of beeg jordan and the ISS are based off of Saudi provinces at a glance.

This was one of the first maps in this thread (page 12), but surprisingly nobody ever made a Worlda/QBAM patch for this map.
I made one a long time ago (and as a result this worlda is several updates old, so please forgive me if it takes a bit of work to transfer it to a new version) while I was messing around with a few borders for fun .

mideast.png

I think the borders of beeg jordan and the ISS are based off of Saudi provinces at a glance.
Aha, you are correct... but that it itself seems a little contrived, as the Saudi Provincial boundary doesn't seem to follow any division between religious or linguistic affiliation, and bears no resemblance to the old Vilayet-and-Sanzak divisions from when Hejaz was an Ottoman vassal...
Great thing (and terrible thing :p) about drawing boundaries - there's no perfect way to do it, ever, and you'll always piss somebody off :)

I just noticed Kurdistan has a coast on the Black Sea what’s up with that
It's the Kurdish Riviera! Every nation needs a Riviera :p
And the Laz have been kicked around between one nation and another for so long, they'd probably barely notice yet another change-in-ownership.... :)

So in recent days there has been a bit of a controversy regarding a non-paper presented to the EU in order to discuss the future of the Western Balkans. The basic contents of it are that 1) Kosovo should be united with Albania, 2) Republika Srpska (including Brčko District) should be united with Serbia, 3) Croatia should either annex the Croatian-majority areas of Bosnia-Herzegovina OR the rump Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina should be divided into an ethnic Bosniak and an ethnic Croat republic, 4) whatever shape Bosnia will take will have to decide between a potential for greater integration with the EU or a closer relationship with Turkey.

Here's my interpretation of it, which specifically includes Brčko District into the Serbian annexation plans and follows the idea that Croatia should annex Croat-majority areas, however using a fairly conservative definition, instead of the largest extent of a proposed Croat "homeland" within Bosnia and Herzegovina (here's a link to a map of a 2001 proposal to turn B-H into a three-way confederacy). This way the rump Bosnia is a contiguous state, albeit one with notable Croat and Serbian minorities.

Western Balkans Non-Paper.png

Crazy Boris

Banned
So in recent days there has been a bit of a controversy regarding a non-paper presented to the EU in order to discuss the future of the Western Balkans. The basic contents of it are that 1) Kosovo should be united with Albania, 2) Republika Srpska (including Brčko District) should be united with Serbia, 3) Croatia should either annex the Croatian-majority areas of Bosnia-Herzegovina OR the rump Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina should be divided into an ethnic Bosniak and an ethnic Croat republic, 4) whatever shape Bosnia will take will have to decide between a potential for greater integration with the EU or a closer relationship with Turkey.

Here's my interpretation of it, which specifically includes Brčko District into the Serbian annexation plans and follows the idea that Croatia should annex Croat-majority areas, however using a fairly conservative definition, instead of the largest extent of a proposed Croat "homeland" within Bosnia and Herzegovina (here's a link to a map of a 2001 proposal to turn B-H into a three-way confederacy). This way the rump Bosnia is a contiguous state, albeit one with notable Croat and Serbian minorities.

View attachment 644603

Ah, a new setup for everyone’s favorite game show, “Which Balkan country will light the powder keg this time?”

View attachment 644603
No proposal to give North Mitrovica/The northern serb communities in kosovo to Srebia?

No proposal to give North Mitrovica/The northern serb communities in kosovo to Srebia?
Based on what I read that part was not included; granted I have only read summaries of the non-paper instead of the non-paper itself, so that could be a component which could be integrated into this proposal, of course.

View attachment 644603
There's no way this could possibly go wrong.

Speaking of unserious proposals:

y6wpm92dswidn9onzkw4.jpg

I feel like they took Fortnite Battle Royale a bit too far on this one