Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

According to Dan Berger's article "The Malcolm X Doctrine", referencing a 1969 Esquire article "Birth of a Black Nation", "Radicals at the 1967 Black Power conference had debated whether they should seize five, seven, or thirteen states for an independent Black Nation. At the following year’s conference, many argued that an underground Black army would take over towns throughout the United States as part of liberating territory."

Based on what knowledge I have on the New Afrika proposal, I can infer that each plan would be like this:
  1. Five State Plan - Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina
  2. Seven State Plan - Previous five + Arkansas and Florida
  3. Thirteen State Plan - Previous seven + Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, and Kentucky
If anyone finds more information on what exactly these states are for each plan, I will go back and edit this.

Today, I learned about Kevin Rudd's proposal to form a condominium of sorts between Australia, Kiribati, Tuvalu and Nauru:

And a planned condominium arrangement between the UK and China over the administration of Hong Kong post-handover:

Some more here:

Today, I learned about Kevin Rudd's proposal to form a condominium of sorts between Australia, Kiribati, Tuvalu and Nauru:

And a planned condominium arrangement between the UK and China over the administration of Hong Kong post-handover:

Some more here:

Interesting. Rudd specifically says that the Kiribati, Tuvalu, and Nauru should form a condominium "as we have with Norfolk Island", which suggests that they could become external territories of Australia.

Interesting. Rudd specifically says that the Kiribati, Tuvalu, and Nauru should form a condominium "as we have with Norfolk Island", which suggests that they could become external territories of Australia.

I saw that too but that was rather confusing since Norfolk Island was not in a "constitutional condominium" with Australia but just an external territory. It would also be odd for a condominium to be formed with one of the co-ruling powers being the state itself that forms the condominium. Honestly it sounds like the status he had in mind was free association like the Cook Islands or Niue has with New Zealand insofar as those two territories have common New Zealand citizenship with New Zealand itself (but immigration restrictions even for New Zealanders who do not originate from those territories) and wherein New Zealand cannot legislate for them and only acts for them in foreign affairs and defence on their own advice. The Norfolk Island model wouldn't be appealing since, despite initially being under separate immigration requirements as mainland Australia, that was all done away with over time between 2012 and 2018.

A 1944 map of the proposed Lander for Germany made by the OSS (precursor to the CIA) from the Truman Library:

Clipped version showing only the proposed lander (the original included administrative divisions of Greater Germany in 1944):

1616255235593.png

As can be seen it is rather similar to what pertains in OTL except for differences mainly in the west with a separate Westphalia and Rhine Province, a larger Hesse and a larger Baden-Wurttemberg (or Wurttemberg-Baden in this proposal). In the east, there are differences in the border of Saxony and OTL's Saxony-Anhalt is called Middle Germany

A 1944 map of the proposed Lander for Germany made by the OSS (precursor to the CIA) from the Truman Library:

Clipped version showing only the proposed lander (the original included administrative divisions of Greater Germany in 1944):

View attachment 634807

As can be seen it is rather similar to what pertains in OTL except for differences mainly in the west with a separate Westphalia and Rhine Province, a larger Hesse and a larger Baden-Wurttemberg (or Wurttemberg-Baden in this proposal). In the east, there are differences in the border of Saxony and OTL's Saxony-Anhalt is called Middle Germany
is poland supposed to get koenigsberg?

Well, there's this thread. I'm not really sure what you're getting at here, to be honest.
probably an index as opposed to searching through 200+ pages. it'd probably be good to have something on these maps and such on the wiki, if there isn't one there already.