Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Beedok, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Emperor Casey Well-Known Member

How about WW1 in event of CP victory including Brest-Litovsk?

2. Beedok I exist.

3. Beedok I exist.

Here's my best attempt.
    gasden.png

gasden.png

Mr. Bubbles, Aqua817, Jasmak and 10 others like this.
  4. DaSla -

Aqua817 likes this.
  5. Thande A special man who knows these things Donor

Nice work! Really shows how different things could have been in the long run.

6. Beedok I exist.

Thanks both of you. I had not read the text though, I had thought the maps were accurate enough. I suppose that was a bit of a risky move. (I'm also not actually that familiar with Mexico/US south-west geography so I'm not certain how much it would have helped.)

I think we had someone do those Revolutionary War borders.

7. 1.36 Master of Maps

The maximum war aims of Germany in WWII with colonial envisions from "Hitler's Table Talk". Please note this scenario would have only taken place in a complete and total victory in Europe and a defeat of every single country who happened to be at war with Germany at the time (in other words, it's incredibly unlikely this entire scenario would have been put in place, rather just parts of it depending on what happened throughout the war and the peace that follows).

Thanks to SRegan for this incredible map!

Picture.png

8. M.R.L Well-Known Member

I've read from a variety of sources that Mexico had plans to demand Louisiana and Southern Alabama (though no mention of Mississippi, which would make for strange borders).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    Bomster and wolfhound817 like this.
  9. Umbric Man Umbric Manned

I feel like they probably would have conflated southern Alabama and Mississippi together, essentially recreating West Florida.

10. SRegan Well-Known Member

Thanks - worth noting though this was really just an UCS adaption of the maps and quotes compiled by Totentanz0 on Deviantart - he's since gone on to do Soviet and Yugoslavia maps based on historical strategic aims.

Worth also pointing out that this only represents Hitler's own views - other inner circle Nazis had their own ideas; Ribbentrop wanted a grandiose Weltreich including a resurrected Mittelafrika, Werner Best wanted France and Spain broken into statelets to further solidify German dominance, and if Himmler had his way, a pseudo-independent Burgundy would stretch from the English Channel to the Mediterranean. Goebbels has less overt quotes, except rather intriguing one where he talks about overturning the Treaty of Verdun (843!), which is basically code for annexing France.

11. Beedok I exist.

I'm sad this thread has died. So many interesting things out there.

12. Iserlohn Amateur Cartographer

Yeah, I really love the resources it provided. We should make an effort to revive it.

I'll probably do a small map series showing the Roosevelt Plan and Morgenthau Plan, the Bakker-Schut Plan and the various possibilities discussed for Germany's new eastern border (e.g. Nysa Kłodzka; Oder-Bóbr-Kwisa line; etc) by the end of the week, if everything goes according to plan.

Another thing I'd also like to do are the various partition plans for British India .

13. Anekcahdep Ta'averen

Well, there are a few others from the wiki that haven't been mentioned yet:
    1. The aims of various countries in WWI
    [​IMG]

2. Not a war per se, but there were plans in Austriahungary to make a United States of Greater Austria
    [​IMG]

3. I know there was some French Minister who wanted Germany to be divided back into various kingdoms after WWII so they could never threaten France again.

Crying likes this.
  14. Woolly Mammoth Well-Known Member

Don't suppose anyone happens to know where those maps would be? They sound really quite interesting and I have found it very difficult to Worlda those borders myself.

15. Clandango Disestablishmentarianist

Pretty sure the Austrian war aims were to get some land along the border with Romania to shore up mountain passes, but to otherwise not get any new territory. And to cut up Serbia totally and dole it amongst neighbors.

16. Umbric Man Umbric Manned

Throwing in my support to make this thread go on. It really is full of cool stuff.

17. Beedok I exist.

The book I used was a little on the older side.:eek:

18. Anekcahdep Ta'averen

Crying likes this.
  19. Clandango Disestablishmentarianist

20. Beedok I exist.

Max Sinister likes this.