Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Skallagrim

Banned
Two proposals for Europe by Leopold Kohr (explanations by Frank Jacobs):

As Kohr saw it, the problem with Europe’s geopolitical makeup was the fact that its states were not equal in size, allowing the ‘big ones’ to dominate the rest. Or at least try to, hence the endless series of wars in Europe. One way to solve this, would be to chop up the continent into rectangular chunks of territory, disregarding most existing cultural, religious, linguistic and natural boundaries.

img.jpg

"One last map by Leopold Kohr, also an addendum to his book ‘The Breakdown of Nations’ (1957). Kohr probably realised that dividing Europe into rectangular, US-style states would clash with the ‘tribal’ makeup of the Old Continent’s culturally diverse peoples. So he modified that idea to propose a European federation of ‘little states’: still too small to cause harm, but more in line with Europe’s ethnic composition."

img.jpg

The Breakdown of Nations by Leopold Kohr
"Kohr Principles" by Frank Jacobs
"Want World Peace? Divide the World in Enough Small States" by Frank Jacobs
Ah, good old Kohr. I typically disagree with his often silly border proposals, but I love his ideas.

And a 1992 map of Europe from Heineken CEO and chairman Freddy (Heineken) (explanation by Frank Jacobs):

Heineken’s proposal would lead to the creation of dozens of new European states, which would have a comparably small population size (mostly between 5 and 10 million), some basis in history, and for the most part would be ethnically homogenous.

The theory behind Heineken’s idea is that a larger number of smaller member-states would be easier to govern within a single European framework than a combination of larger states competing for dominance.

EU-Regionen-1.jpg

(larger version here)

"The United States of Europe, A Eurotopia?" from Wikipedia
"My Kingdom for a Beer? Heineken's Eurotopia" by Frank Jacobs
"Tuesday Map: Heineken's 'Eurotopia'" by Joshua Keating

Ah yes, big brain time. Let's take a chunk out of Austria bout the size of Slovenia, and then give that reduced Austrian state Slovenia.

Apparently, late in the nineteenth century, the British briefly considered solving Persian Gulf piracy by militarily supporting an Omani conquest of some/all of what now constitutes the UAE.

Apparently, late in the nineteenth century, the British briefly considered solving Persian Gulf piracy by militarily supporting an Omani conquest of some/all of what now constitutes the UAE.
I mean, would be a bit interesting if they had also had their African Territories too. I wanna write an oman-wank now.

A little interesting thing I found on a wikipedia crawl
Honeywarmap.png

This border dispute, called the "Honey War" (due to the fact that a Missouri tax collector took a farmer's honey because he wouldn't pay his taxes to Missouri instead of Iowa)
The tax collector was driven away by some angry Davisians and Van Bureners, and an Iowa mob abducted the sheriff of Clark County, Missouri and put him in prison in Muscatine

It is the small things that are always really interesting, like imagine a timeline where Missouri is Slightly bigger or smaller, that would be kinda odd.

I mean, would be a bit interesting if they had also had their African Territories too. I wanna write an oman-wank now.
This might be doable with an 1850s POD. The tragic death of a sultan on his way to Zanzibar led to the permanent decline and division of the realm.

This border dispute, called the "Honey War" (due to the fact that a Missouri tax collector took a farmer's honey because he wouldn't pay his taxes to Missouri instead of Iowa)
The tax collector was driven away by some angry Davisians and Van Bureners, and an Iowa mob abducted the sheriff of Clark County, Missouri and put him in prison in Muscatine
I made a Q-BAM of the border proposals
Honey War dispute.png

According to the lastest Great War video about LoN, there was a request of Belgium to gain an small colony from the Dutch

What was the land the belgium wanted to gain?

According to the lastest Great War video about LoN, there was a request of Belgium to gain an small colony from the Dutch

What was the land the belgium wanted to gain?

Actually based on what I know they didn't want Dutch colonies but rather Zeelandic Flanders and Dutch Limburg in order to strengthen their defensive abilities against Germany.

Actually based on what I know they didn't want Dutch colonies but rather Zeelandic Flanders and Dutch Limburg in order to strengthen their defensive abilities against Germany.
ah, in the way it whas said, it was as they wanted true dutch overseas territory

Two proposals for Europe by Leopold Kohr (explanations by Frank Jacobs):

As Kohr saw it, the problem with Europe’s geopolitical makeup was the fact that its states were not equal in size, allowing the ‘big ones’ to dominate the rest. Or at least try to, hence the endless series of wars in Europe. One way to solve this, would be to chop up the continent into rectangular chunks of territory, disregarding most existing cultural, religious, linguistic and natural boundaries.

img.jpg

"One last map by Leopold Kohr, also an addendum to his book ‘The Breakdown of Nations’ (1957). Kohr probably realised that dividing Europe into rectangular, US-style states would clash with the ‘tribal’ makeup of the Old Continent’s culturally diverse peoples. So he modified that idea to propose a European federation of ‘little states’: still too small to cause harm, but more in line with Europe’s ethnic composition."

img.jpg

The Breakdown of Nations by Leopold Kohr
"Kohr Principles" by Frank Jacobs
"Want World Peace? Divide the World in Enough Small States" by Frank Jacobs
That first map is hideous. The second is better, but I can't see anyone agreeing to it, especially not the Papal States that wouldn't include Rome.