Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Beedok, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Christory Well-Known Member

Finally, finally I can properly begin work on this. For reference, here's every map I'll be using (scaled down here so they don't fill the screen):

[​IMG]

[1] Mega-NATO shown on page 109
    [2] OTL 2017 map featuring puppet states and alliances, from page 14 of the THICC thread
    [3] Expanded Eurasian Union shown on page 109, now with more detail in Russia
    [4] American, Malaysian and Indonesian irredentism in the 2010s, shown on page 109
    [5] Middle Eastern partition map shown on page 62
    [6] Duglin's super-Russia shown on page 98
    [7] Ukrainian plan to destroy Russia, shown on page 107
    [8] Various irredentist ideas, shown on page 107
    [9] Igor Panarin's theory on partitioning the US, shown on page 5 (I'll be relying more on what he said than on what the map shows)
    [10] Selected governments-in-exile, shown on page 108
    [11] Vladimir Zhirinovsky's ideas, shown on page 101
    [12] My initial interpretation of Zhirinovsky's ideas, shown on page 99
    [13] More irredentist stuff, shown on page 108
    [14] Alleged Chinese goals in the Anglosphere, shown on page 109
    [15] One last map I threw together showing territorial claims of Cuba, Pakistan and China on Guantanamo, India and Bhutan

Also, before I begin to assemble this all together I must point out that I'm taking an extremely wide range of ideas and plans from a timespan of about 20 years, so it's all quite speculative what a final result could look like. With that in mind, does this still remain close enough to reality to put here or should it just go on the map thread?

Btw, if anyone wants to see the full-size compilation:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...12115153174528/Chris_Modern_WWIII_Project.png

2. Monter Well-Known Member

Anyone has that propaganda map of Germany WWI goals that has it owning land from half of South America to all of China? I remember seeing it here, but searching through 110 pages can be rather taxing.

3. APeninSpace And Kish did not cry, as in Etana's vision.

I believe there’s a list somewhere.

4. Thanosaekk Well-Known Member

There is a list of all proposals in page 95.

Monter and Christory like this.
  5. Monter Well-Known Member

Got it, many thanks!
    [​IMG]

Swede and Thanosaekk like this.
  6. Mr. Bubbles Well-Known Member

zimmerman.png
    Zimmerman telegraph's offer to assist Mexico in reclaiming land from America.

7. Etruscan-enthusiast35 I make garbage for a living

Hobbiton, The Shire, Eriador, Middle-Earth
    The following are all different proposals for adding a Croatian controlled third crown to Austria-Hungary.
    tripleaustria1.jpg tripleaustria2.png tripleaustria3.png

8. Bleh Postpostmodern Neobrutalism

9. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

10. Ugly Idiot Beautiful Genius

That's probably to keep the Hungarians happy since they would have lost Croatia.

11. Christory Well-Known Member

So I'm making good progress, but in the meantime, here's another interesting map I found:

[​IMG]

This here shows the natural borders of Russia according to American geopolitical analyst Peter Zeihan. Could just be propaganda, but the use of geographical barriers such as the Carpathians and Vistula is quite clever.

12. Nathan Bernacki Well-Known Member

This just screams 'propaganda'. if Putin was a insane tyrant who screamed about world conquest, then MAYBE I can buy this map, but since Putin seems to be more in favour of exerting geopolitical influence through interfering in regional politics, rather than wholesale conquest, I don't think this map is a accurate representation of Russia's goals.

13. Gwrtheyrn Annwn A Welshman at Heart

I won't comment on whether its propaganda or actual goals, but it does remind me of the chapter about Russia in the excellent Prisoners of Geography book. In it, the author points out that Russia had a history of both being invaded from the west (Napoleon, Germany in WWI and in WW2), which is facilitated by the massive plain from Poland to Moscow and beyond, and a desire to push west to try and prevent that happening by reaching natural frontiers, namely the Vistula and Carpathians which they can defend relatively easily against any further incursions. So this map shows the 'natural borders' in the same way that the 'natural borders' of France are the Rhine, the Alps and the Pyrenees.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  14. Itsa Active Member

[​IMG]big corea

15. Itsa Active Member

i feel like itll actually be easy to make a worlda of large corea

Bomster likes this.
  16. Thanosaekk Well-Known Member

That map is wrong in so many ways (I am not even sure why this is on this thread)

17. Clandango Disestablishmentarianist

I believe part of the claims the Austrians used for claiming that chunk of Poland was a former personal union with the Hungarian monarch, so it makes sense to an extent.

Zagan and Miner like this.
  18. Itsa Active Member

upload_2019-9-8_14-47-38.png guys big corea

19. Gwrtheyrn Annwn A Welshman at Heart

I don't think they really use any claims, beyond half-heartedly claiming legitimacy for the annexation afterwards, they just waltzed in an took it.

20. Thanosaekk Well-Known Member