Pro German TLs

Seraphiel

Banned
Does anyone know anyone proGerman TLs in this site as i can only find ones where Germany turns into a downtrodden nation again and agian.

Does anyone know anyone proGerman TLs in this site as i can only find ones where Germany turns into a downtrodden nation again and agian.
?!?!?!:confused:
Lord i hope this is a sarcastic post.. since we always have the unmentionable sea mammal .. or willie strikes again.. or something.. this is actually a fairly pro how can germany succeed board.. perhaps thou shouldest tryeth the search button and stuff and stuff and things and other stuff that could have been things but never quite were stuff that may been ... and stuff.. did i mention the effective use of the search button?

or lets try in russian.. пробуйте вкладку поиска
or german.. versuchen Sie Suchknopf

The Vulture

Banned
I have yet to see a single TL where Germany is a failed state, so I'm left to assume you're posting from Bizarroworld.

Knox, knox.

Who's there?

God knows.

God knows who?

God knows everrrabawdy, sinnerrr, but in parrrtikyoolar he knows you!

Oh, sorry. I thought it was a thread for jokes.

Failure before Moscow has Germany completely ass womped by the USSR and totally occupied

That's not what I usually think of when I hear the term "failed state." I generally think of a place so lost in corruption and/or internal warfare that it can't provide any services to its citizens. Somalia comes to mind, as, now that I think about it, does a good chunk of today's sub-Saharan Africa.

I think the closest I've seen Germany come to THAT in an ATL here would be CalBear's Anglo-American/Nazi War, where Germany was probably headed that way... except the war went hot again and thus Germany will be conquered before she reaches the failed state level.

Check out my Afrikaner TL. It features a successful 1848 leading to a Greater Germany, among other things.

Plus Eurofed writes a bunch.

Sorry for bothering everyone i tried the search thing and a found some timelines :eek:

I'm glad you found some because they're everywhere.

After all, if there's one time line that everyone should already know about it's Jared's Decades of Darkness and not just because it fits the pro-German requirement of your question.

As mentioned, there are lots of pro-German TL's here. I recommend you try searching for a poster called Eurofed-he has a couple TL's were German unification extends to Austria, and Germany becomes an enlightened, democratic world power against crazy right-wing France.

A Shift in Priorities is also good-it involves Germany winning the first world war.

Eurofed

Banned
As mentioned, there are lots of pro-German TL's here. I recommend you try searching for a poster called Eurofed-he has a couple TL's were German unification extends to Austria, and Germany becomes an enlightened, democratic world power against crazy right-wing France.

Thanks for the commendation. But Onkel Willie is an even more prolific and better author of pro-German TLs than me.

Some links for the OP:

"United States of the Americas and Oceania". By yours truly. (in progress). It is focused on a stronger, larger USA that gradually unifies the Americas, but also includes an Europe where Greater Germany and a stronger Italy unify and a stronger Russian empire arises after the Napoleonic Wars.

"The Triumph of Barbarossa and the victory of the HRE". By Kairos Fateweaver. (in progress). Barbarossa lives longer and fosters the creation of a centralized HRE. This also leads to a revitalized Byzantine Empire, a successful Angevine Empire, a unified Iberia and Scandinavia, and a radically dewanked Islam.

"European War of 1870". By yours truly. (extensive discussion and planning, not yet a structured TL). Austria-Hungary joins France, Italy and Russia join Prussia/Germany in the Franco-Prussian War. This causes the collapse of the Habsburg Empire with the formation of Greater Germany and a larger Italy, and a stable German-Italian alliance.

"The Twin Eagles and the Lion". By Onkel Willie. (complete). Germany, Russia, and Italy form the Triple Alliance against the Anglo-French-Austrian Entente after the Congress of Berlin, and win WWI in alliance with America.

"Tudor Bulls, Meet 16th Century China German China Shop". By Dr. Waterhouse. (incomplete). Dynastic changes in Renaissance Saxony lead to a different Thirty Years' War, and the near-complete Saxony-led unification of Germany (including Bohemia-Moravia, but not Bavaria and Austria) in the 17th century.

"When Decades-old Alliances Were Not Broken". By EmmettmcFly55. (complete). Italy joins the CPs during WWI and makes them win the war.

"A Liberal German Empire". By Onkel Willie. (complete). Greater Germany unifies under the Hohenzollern and Italy under the Savoia in 1848. The German-Italian alliance eventually unifies Europe and becomes one of the superpowers with a North America-spanning USA and a modernized Imperial China after three World Wars.

"A different 1866". By yours truly. (on indefinite hold). Italy wins a decisive victory in the 1866 war, Prussia/Germany and Italy remain allied against France, and Austria collapses after a few years.

"The Munich Coup". By Onkel Willie. (complete). The Nazi regime is overthrown by a military coup during the Munich crisis, Germany returns to a democratic Kaiserreich regime, recovers the Sudetenland by peaceful means and the Corridor with a limited German-Polish War. WWII is fought by the Euro-American Allies vs. the Soviet-Japanese Axis.

"The Prince of Peace". By Feelin. (complete). Another take on a centralized HRE. Here the PoD is the survival of Henry VI Hohenstaufen.

"The Empire of Frederich III". By Onkel Willie. (complete). The PoD is the survival of Frederick III Hohenzollern.

"Ride the Wave Habsburg". By Van555. (in progress/incomplete). The Habsburg have a leap of insight in 1848, split their empire in three parts, and take the lead of the German and Italian unifications, forming a dynastic alliance of Germany, Italy, and Hungary.

"Phony War, Short War". By yours truly. (stalled due to writer's block). Hitler and many of the Nazi bigwigs are assassinated by the Burgenbraukeller bombing in Nov. 1939, the SS are wiped out in the succession power struggle, a diarchy of the Wehrmacht and the moderate technocratic wing of the Nazi bureucracy takes over and makes a compromise peace with the Entente (Germany keeps the Sudetenland, Danzig, West Prussia, Upper Silesia and bits of Posen, it restores the independence of Czechia and Poland). WWII as we know it is aborted, Stalin goes to an expansionistic rampage vs. Japan and China, a Cold War between the USSR and an European alliance ensues.

And for the darkest variant of all, AKA Naziwank:

"The Long Night Falls". By yours truly. (complete). Interwar discovery of oilfields in Libya and Manchuria and earlier, closer Italo-German alliance lead to a stronger and more integrated "evil but smart" Axis (with expansion of Lebensraum plans to the Arab world) that inflicts a decisive defeat to Britain and the USSR, while America remains neutral. The victorious Nazifascists fully implement their genocidal plans on Slavs, Arabs, and Africans, leading to an unified European empire which spans Europe, Russia, North Africa, the Middle East, and Southern Africa. But their society gradually evolves away from loony totalitarianism under the pressure of an eternal Cold War with the North American Union and its Anglo-Indian-South American allies. Eventually both Europe and America evolve into biopunk, spacefaring superpowers.

"The Great Mistake". By Onkel Willie. (complete). Entente intervention in the Winter War and bombing of Baku, and the timely death of Hitler, lead to stable German-Italian-Soviet Axis which wins WWII. Eternal Cold War with America ensues, as the Euro-Soviet bloc gradually picks a reformist PRC-like course and avoids collapse.

Last edited:
This thread has given me an idea. Maybe we should have a dedicated thread listing timelines where some country does better.

90% of TLs has Germany doing a lot better than even OTL

The Germans are more competent in military and sometimes even diplomatic matters in those TLs, I give you that. But are they really doing better? Sometimes they are. If the PoD changes WWI it's almost always the case.

But what about PoDs that change the course of WWII?
I, for instance, rate any TL in which the friggin' Nazis are more competent as Germany actually doing worse.

A Germany that somehow survives WWII (or even wins it; as ASB as that might sound) but is still ruled by fascists, no matter the kind, is still worse off than an occupied Germany. At least in my book.

I have yet to see a single TL where Germany is a failed state, so I'm left to assume you're posting from Bizarroworld.

That's not what I usually think of when I hear the term "failed state." I generally think of a place so lost in corruption and/or internal warfare that it can't provide any services to its citizens. Somalia comes to mind, as, now that I think about it, does a good chunk of today's sub-Saharan Africa.

I think the closest I've seen Germany come to THAT in an ATL here would be CalBear's Anglo-American/Nazi War, where Germany was probably headed that way... except the war went hot again and thus Germany will be conquered before she reaches the failed state level.

Well, the OP didn't say that the timelines he had found portrayed Germany as a "failed state." So not quite sure why you're babbling on about that. :confused:

The OP said the timelines portrayed Germany as a "downtrodden nation" which is quite different than a "failed state."

Typo

Banned
The Germans are more competent in military and sometimes even diplomatic matters in those TLs, I give you that. But are they really doing better? Sometimes they are. If the PoD changes WWI it's almost always the case.

But what about PoDs that change the course of WWII?
I, for instance, rate any TL in which the friggin' Nazis are more competent as Germany actually doing worse.

A Germany that somehow survives WWII (or even wins it; as ASB as that might sound) but is still ruled by fascists, no matter the kind, is still worse off than an occupied Germany. At least in my book.
When I say "better" I pretty much mean "looks bigger on the map", this is, as you say, not a good indicator of doing better, the FRG today is far better for Germany than a victorious Nazi one of course. But to be honest most people on these boards equate more territory with better.

When I say "better" I pretty much mean "looks bigger on the map", this is, as you say, not a good indicator of doing better, the FRG today is far better for Germany than a victorious Nazi one of course. But to be honest most people on these boards equate more territory with better.

Sounds familiar;)