Prince Rupet and Dudley

Just been reading "Prince Rupet; The Last Cavaliar" by Charles Spencer, good book actually.
My question is that it talks about his son Dudley Bard, had he lived (he died fighting the Turks in the last battle at Buda) he would of technically had a better claim to the throne than his german cousin George I of Hannover, except he was illigitimate.
Is there anyway we could have him living and gainning the throne?
Or if he lives but doesn't go for the throne what would he get, would some of his fathers titles in the English peerage be granted to him etc etc

Though his illegitimacy makes his ascension incredibly unlikely, here's what I see standing in the way of his ascension.

1) His religion, if he doesn't convert from catholicism he doesn't have a chance at getting anything.

2) The Act of Settlement: After this it was pretty much set that George I take the throne. But it still could be rewritten

3)His attitudes towards parliament/his connection to the royalists.

So assuming that Dudley converts to Anglicanism and makes his way to England before George I takes the throne, and makes LOTS of friends in parliament and in the nation. He doesn't have a chance.

He'll probably have to get there before William III kicks the bucket.