Prince Charles killed in car wreck in Paris

DMA said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flocculencio
Possibly the UK could ask the Dutch royal family for an infusion of royal blood? The House of Oranje still seems to be going strong and I've always thought it was a pity that Wilhelm van Oranje and Queen Mary didn't have any kids.

Good idea

And do remember, that is being taken care of in the Anglo-Dutch Union TL.

Will Ritson said:
2 in the front, 6 in the back and Princess Margaret in the ash tray? ;)

lol

But there's still the floor, the bonnet (hood to you Americans), the roof & the boot. And you can surely get others to sit on top of the others... :D

Better off than some

The Royal Family of Britian is better off than the Tsar of all the Russias or the Kaiser. Do we even know who the legitimate heir is for those lines?

Prince William would become King William V of England and IV of Scotland.
If he was too young to rule, there would be a regency until William became old enough to rule.

The "other driver" in the accident would be hung drawn and quartered.

If the cause was bullying by reporters, someone would pass (or try to pass) severe laws controlling activities of reporters.

Anthony Appleyard said:
Prince William would become King William V of England and IV of Scotland.
If he was too young to rule, there would be a regency until William became old enough to rule.

The "other driver" in the accident would be hung drawn and quartered.

If the cause was bullying by reporters, someone would pass (or try to pass) severe laws controlling activities of reporters.

He'd be around 17 at the time of the accident (assuming it takes place like the Diana accident OTL)

He wouldn't need to rule juet yet though- his grandmother is going strong.

In this ATL Lady Sarah Chatto, daughter of Princess Margaret, wouldn't be in the car packed with Royals. She would dump her husband Daniel and move to the U.S. to marry me.

If she ever finds out about this post, I'm DEAD. :)

Sober enough to post again

DMA said:
For those interested in the line of succession to the British Throne, here's a link that covers all of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Succession_to_the_British_Throne

According to the list, there's 160 of them! :eek:

I swear they're like some nasty rash that keeps spreading without any respite! :D
Leave our Royals alone! So they are a big family, who cares? So is mine, no reason to wish death on all of them.
Some useful reading for those with further constitutional questions:
http://www.eurolegal.org/british/ukconset.htm

Paulo the Limey said:
Leave our Royals alone! So they are a big family, who cares? So is mine, no reason to wish death on all of them.
Some useful reading for those with further constitutional questions:
http://www.eurolegal.org/british/ukconset.htm

Well I'm sorry to tell you this Paulo, but their our Royals too! So you're just going to have to share. Besides there's enough of them to go around for everyone. :rolleyes:

Anyway, on a serious note about Monarchal succession - it's actually up to Parliament who becomes the next Monarch. Charles maybe heir, but Parliament might decide otherwise. This Constitutional right was established when Parliament had the good sence to kick out the tyrant James II & replace him with William & Mary. Of course Parliament also chopped off James' grandfathers head, so James II got off lightly.

IMOH Parliament should bring back such procedures as they are Constitutional precidents. So it's either the chop or exile for the Windsors. But there's just so many of them. :D

DMA said:
So it's either the chop or exile for the Windsors. But there's just so many of them. :D

Maybe Richard Branson should be crowned King. He owns roughly half the UK anyway. :D

<scuttles away as HM Armed Forces are renamed Virgin Military Services...>

Flocculencio said:
Maybe Richard Branson should be crowned King. He owns roughly half the UK anyway. :D

<scuttles away as HM Armed Forces are renamed Virgin Military Services...>

LMAO!

I'll pay that! :D