President Noam Chomsky

Leo Caesius

Banned
I'm reminded of all the various schemes that you see on boards like the Free Republic, whereby Hillary Clinton will maneuver herself into the presidency. These guys interpret every development on the Democratic side as the fulfillment of another stage of her machiavellian machinations (ex post facto, of course).
I've heard some loony conspiracy theories, but Hillary Clinton? I think that they're giving her far too much credit. I'm sure that the Freepers could come up with a strategy by which Chomsky would insinuate himself into the presidency - not a convincing one, mind you, but a strategy nonetheless.

So many things would have to change before Chomsky could become president. I can't see moderates on either side supporting him.

Im not talking about machinations here. I mean what would be necessary to get Chomsky in through the regular route (campaign, party nomination, election, enough electoral votes, etc).

Mike Collins said:
Im not talking about machinations here. I mean what would be necessary to get Chomsky in through the regular route (campaign, party nomination, election, enough electoral votes, etc).

The Soviet Union occupying the US and managing the election is about the only way he could win. :p

The voice of the Right... right from Fort Bragg.
Noam Chomsky can be the harshest inner critic of the USA, but he's no way a traitor. I can't see him used as a puppet. Instead, many people boasting the purest anti-communism would prove excellent candidates, I think.

basileus said:
The voice of the Right... right from Fort Bragg.
Noam Chomsky can be the harshest inner critic of the USA, but he's no way a traitor. I can't see him used as a puppet. Instead, many people boasting the purest anti-communism would prove excellent candidates, I think.

After 9-11 he went to Pakistan and encouraged the Pakistanis to fight against the US, since the goal of the US was to kill 4 million Afghanis.

You're right, he's not a traitor, he is utterly insane.