President Marshall?

I was thinking about something. In 1919, after Wilson's stroke, suppose figures in Congress had been able to persuade Marshall to replace him as President (possibly by him being less reluctant, or by him trusting the sources that told him how bad a state Wilson was in).
How could this have affected the ratification of the League of Nations treaty, the Return to Normalcy, etc.?

(I suspect this has been done, but I felt like it'd be interesting to discuss.)

The thing is, the disability clause didn't exist yet. If Wilson had died, sure (and he came very close) Marshall would have been POTUS.

I still doubt he would have acted.

From what I've read, he wanted Wilson himself or his doctor to declare the incapacity. He would not seize power against the President's will, feeling that for a VP (who might be from a different wing of the party from the POTUS) to do this would create a frightfully dangerous precedent which could be causing trouble far into the future. He preferred to wait on events, and hope the matter would be resolved either by Wilson's recovery, or else by his death or resignation. However, even had he realised how long the situation would drag on, I suspect that he would still have regarded this as the lesser evil.