President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

I've been trying to make a scenario, but this is popping up when I try to load it up and play it. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

piissue.PNG

Played a joke game as McGovern to see how far I could lose.
Achieved by doing literally nothing and frequently changing the campaign platform :p
results.png

So JFK doesn't get assassinated, gets a little more than 81 million people to vote for him, & Goldwater doesn't even win his homestate.

I think the GOP would be in full blown crisis mode after this election.

Untitled.png

So JFK doesn't get assassinated, gets a little more than 81 million people to vote for him, & Goldwater doesn't even win his homestate.

I think the GOP would be in full blown crisis mode after this election.

View attachment 369354

To be fair, Goldwater only won AZ by about a point OTL, so a small swing would've sent it into the Dem column anyways.

From what I can tell, 114% of the voting-age population voted. :p

What was the margin in South Carolina? Was Byrd a splitter?

To be fair, Goldwater only won AZ by about a point OTL, so a small swing would've sent it into the Dem column anyways.

From what I can tell, 114% of the voting-age population voted. :p

What was the margin in South Carolina? Was Byrd a splitter?
Byrd had a negligible effect in South Carolina. Goldwater won SC with 49% & Kennedy was around 47 or 48% I think.

Played this scenario as Independents, just spectated. I might edit it so I can play a 2016 version. Any ideas for the scenario? Who would be some good leaders?

bE02639.png

Ooh, a parliamentary USA, always interesting! Here's a few ideas off the top of my head for 2016:

Leadership suggestions (take these with a grain of salt):

Conservatives: Kasich, Rubio, Trump
Liberals: Clinton, DeBlasio
Labor: Obama (no term limits), Sanders, O'Malley, Manchin (or really any of the red-state Dem senators)
National: Cruz, Trump, Richard Spencer
Green: Stein, Kreml, Al Gore, Nader

General suggestions:

-Trump forms his own party with a platform similar to UKIP's (America First?)
-Moderate conservatives like Kasich defect to the Liberals
-McMullin creates a Utah-only Mormon party, maybe including Mitt Romney
-Maybe nerf the Liberals to make it more similar to the UK? It seems like it would be tough to get an outright majority as Labor. Or you could replace the Liberals with the Libertarians, who I think could get the same seat count as the LibDems do now, albeit with a very different ideology; I would focus them in New Hampshire, Maine, and some of the Western states
-The Greens have a base of one seat in Massachussetts, held by Jill Stein
-Bernie Sanders as a left-wing independent in Vermont, like he was during his time in the House, or maybe have him form a Respect Party analogue
-What about a few regional parties? Some suggestions on that front:

A California National Party, similar to the SNP (Possible leaders: Jerry Brown, Gavin Newsom)
A Party of New England, similar to Plaid Cymru, which stands candidates in all New England constituencies (Not sure who a good leader would be)
Arizona and New Mexico have completely different parties, polarized between US unionists and Mexican nationalists, like Northern Ireland. Alternatively, have Texas in that place (John McCain as a unionist party leader, or one of the Bushes)
The Alaska Independence Party and Aloha Aina in Alaska and Hawaii, respectively, based on historical nationalist movements there (Not sure about who would lead these ones, either)
I'm not sure what's going on in DC, but maybe have a DC statehood party or something similar?

-Trump forms his own party with a platform similar to UKIP's (America First?)
-Moderate conservatives like Kasich defect to the Liberals
-McMullin creates a Utah-only Mormon party, maybe including Mitt Romney
-Maybe nerf the Liberals to make it more similar to the UK? It seems like it would be tough to get an outright majority as Labor. Or you could replace the Liberals with the Libertarians, who I think could get the same seat count as the LibDems do now, albeit with a very different ideology; I would focus them in New Hampshire, Maine, and some of the Western states
-The Greens have a base of one seat in Massachussetts, held by Jill Stein
-Bernie Sanders as a left-wing independent in Vermont, like he was during his time in the House, or maybe have him form a Respect Party analogue
-What about a few regional parties? Some suggestions on that front:

A California National Party, similar to the SNP (Possible leaders: Jerry Brown, Gavin Newsom)
A Party of New England, similar to Plaid Cymru, which stands candidates in all New England constituencies (Not sure who a good leader would be)
Arizona and New Mexico have completely different parties, polarized between US unionists and Mexican nationalists, like Northern Ireland. Alternatively, have Texas in that place (John McCain as a unionist party leader, or one of the Bushes)
The Alaska Independence Party and Aloha Aina in Alaska and Hawaii, respectively, based on historical nationalist movements there (Not sure about who would lead these ones, either)
I'm not sure what's going on in DC, but maybe have a DC statehood party or something similar?
Thanks for these suggestions! I was gonna Tulsi Gabbard and Ro Khanna to the Green Party, along with Bernie Sanders possibly, but now that I think about it, they'd probably be in their own party (maybe the Progressive Party or New Labour Party?). As for Trump, he'd definitely be in the National Party, although I'll add him to the Conservatives too.

Thanks for these suggestions! I was gonna Tulsi Gabbard and Ro Khanna to the Green Party, along with Bernie Sanders possibly, but now that I think about it, they'd probably be in their own party (maybe the Progressive Party or New Labour Party?). As for Trump, he'd definitely be in the National Party, although I'll add him to the Conservatives too.
This is for PM Infinity Canada?

So I played as the Conservatives in 2010, and across all games in this series, a pretty good strategy is a) bank up on debate skills; and b) save your money until the last two weeks, whereby you go absolutely nuts on ads.

Add in some FPTP fun with the Lib Dems, and the Tories got their 1997:

TDXx7Dv.png

So I played as the Conservatives in 2010, and across all games in this series, a pretty good strategy is a) bank up on debate skills; and b) save your money until the last two weeks, whereby you go absolutely nuts on ads.

Add in some FPTP fun with the Lib Dems, and the Tories got their 1997:

TDXx7Dv.png
Do you know where a Yank like me can get the British version?