President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

The election of 2020 (played as a spectator, ended up getting 7% of the vote)

eYd8NVj.png

Your CV's a bit light

Jason Kander was seen as one for the future after his strong performance in Missouri Senate Race went well, that many thought he would a likely leader for Democratic Party, though it happened earlier most would have thought. Many thought that he would likely run for governor or some other position within the state. Yet the former solider saw a different prize up for grabs. Many other democratic also saw this presidential opportunity and it was a crowded fielded and Kander pole figures ran in the single figures. Yet the man knew how to campaign and debate. He won the debates and build up his bases in the early states. Indeed this crowded fielded helped Kandler gain his delegate lead and only towards the end of the race and when many of hopefuls had dropped out was there a rally behind California Senator Harris. It was also the first convention in the modern era to have a contested convention though it was clear for the outset that the Missouri Man would be the nominee and he picked the Harris for VP in the spirit of party unity. The GOP was know truly the party of the Donald although the embittered President face a contest he destroyed all who opposed him whether Kasich or Cruz. Kander campaign had attempted to evoke a positive one but there defiently a feeling of anger that America was feeling. Polls placed Kander as the slight favourite but many states as Ohio and Wisconsin being on a knife edge. Trump was dismissive of his opponents and Kander took advantage of this and the third and final debate, Trump performance or rather rampling rant was said to be the worse debate performance since Rick Perry. Kander had saved his attacks on Trump till the end with scandal after scandal coming out. Kander was able to use Trump record against him with the famous viral campaign video where economic stats, decaying roads and protests and services where Trumps booing voice proclaiming 'Make America Great' over it. It was a landslide in the popular vote and Trump states were won by the narrowest margin. Jason Kander became youngest president ever at the age of 38 and the First Jewish President.

Jason Kander/Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump/ Mike Pence

novice.jpg

Played an Alt-Scenario where JFK was never shot, & was the incumbent President for the 1964 election against Goldwater.

Needless to say, Goldwater got blown out worse than OTL. (The popular vote is way off for 1964; And I played as Byrd.)

Untitled.png

@Gog-Clocthoth The scenarios do work. Thank you so much for showing me this!!!
Sure thing! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I tried out a few earlier that worked, so I'll edit the old post. That said, I've clicked on a few and it took me to some link like "filekicker.com" and it wouldn't let me download the scenario, so I had just thought they were all gone. Nice to see they still have a lot around.

Here's a WW1 scenario to add to the thread:

WW1 Scenario.png

I think I might try making the World scenario I mentioned a little while back in this game first, now that I've seen what it can do. I just need to figure out map editing, it can't be any more difficult than P4E16, as the hardest part for me there is messing with coordinates.

Sure thing! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I tried out a few earlier that worked, so I'll edit the old post. That said, I've clicked on a few and it took me to some link like "filekicker.com" and it wouldn't let me download the scenario, so I had just thought they were all gone. Nice to see they still have a lot around.

Here's a WW1 scenario to add to the thread:

View attachment 309534

I think I might try making the World scenario I mentioned a little while back in this game first, now that I've seen what it can do. I just need to figure out map editing, it can't be any more difficult than P4E16, as the hardest part for me there is messing with coordinates.
Where did you find this scenario?

Where did you find this scenario?
This link has that and other scenarios: http://campaigns.270soft.com/p4e4/

The name is World War One: 1914-1918
if you click that name here, it should open a window that automatically downloads the .zip file, but you can CTRL+F on the scenarios page I linked above and get it from there as well.

A note about the scenario, there is a fourth party called "none" that I'm assuming is there because maybe you need to have 4 parties (not sure if you can have more yet). If you try to play a round with it on, you'll get an error.

upload_2017-2-25_14-7-25.png

People said his defeat was inevitable, that Zuckerberg was going to win yuge.

Well, as the Democrats lose their last white-working-class states to the Republicans, guess who has a smile on his face?​

I need some help, there was a 2016 scenario, it was the most detailted one I had, had various parties and had some events eg If Bernie or Gore won Green party nomination they get a boast , same with Paul and Liberartains. It was updated reguarly during the campaign and was 270camapgins website. Don't think it was this one though I might be wrong http://campaigns.270soft.com/2016/09/10/ultimate-add-on-more-candidates-issues-and-events/

It's not as the Greens only have 2 candiates in the verison I remember they had a bunch of who ran in 2016 plus Gore and Sanders
It's the one by JohnnyK

Wow, I haven't played the 2004 version of the game in years. While the general engine of the game obviously isn't on par with more recent versions, it does have the advantage of having an avalanche of scenarios to download. Also, there are so many blasts from the past even in the recent election scenarios - Harold Ford Jr......whatever happened to him?

There was also a 2000 version of the game, called "President 2000" IIRC. It was incredibly basic and I think it had cartoon pictures of the candidates rather than photographs.