President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

President Donald John Trump (R-NY)/Vice President Michael Richard Pence (R-IN)
vs.
Former Governor John Richard Kasich (D-OH)/Senator Amy Jean Klobuchar (D-MN)
vs.
Writer Austin Wade Petersen (L-MO)/Activist Adam Charles Kokesh (L-AZ)
vs.
Doctor Jill Ellen Stein (G-MA)/Activist Ajamu Baraka (G-GA)
trump v. kasich.PNG

They said President Roosevelt and Vice-President Lincoln was undefeatable.

They said the ticket was too conservative in a Progressive consensus.

They said he was too unpopular, that the Democrats wouldn't win at all.

But by God, he and Harry Byrd showed them all.

"I, Andrew Johnson, do solemnly swear..."

View attachment 306444

V-V-V-Ver-mont... you're not looking too well...

Tried a little experiment: See what happens when the EC deadlocks but the party that controls congress fails to reach third.

VatDIeg.png

Turns out, like a hung parliament in PMI, Congress chooses the candidate with the most electoral votes. In this case Hillary was selected by the GOP over Paul or Bone.

1940 Alternative Balanced History: the FDR like running, but people dont like 3rd time Republicans and Democrats are balanced Joseph Kennedy are Most Overpower and liked Democrat but have very low integrity vs Garner and Tydings Win Democratic primaries by landislide in Republicans dispute are Teddy Roosevelt jr vs coalition by Taft and Vandeberg vs La Guardia, Mcnary and MacNider have low percentage.

La Guardia/W. Martin VS Kennedy/Wallace
Sem título.png

Two separate games from a "World Government" scenario I'm working on. The premise is that the entire world is coming together to elect a leader, using an electoral college system. Inspired by the handful of "World Electoral College" threads that have been started over the years and to my knowledge were never finalized.

Started by finding the population of each nation/territory according to the UN, mashing together the obvious ones (Falklands>UK, Puerto Rico>US), while also taking some liberties (you'll notice and EAF, East African Federation, in the screenshots). I'm at ~160 countries right now, I'd like to see it drop to 100.

In the current state, the nine most populated states are represented, along with three political parties. I haven't decided how I should handle the electoral college, going by states won or finding a suitable number of "seats" to be used to allocate electoral votes. For now, the former is used.

2016 World Govt.png

I chose squares for the map rather than actual countries because it was easier that making a full world map that is clickable and viewable, especially if I want to have 100+ states. In my ideal, final game, there would be no America in the images, just a bunch of squares with abbreviations underneath, 2x2 for the major states, maybe 2x1 or 1x1 for the smallest nations.

The real prize would be the party system, which once again, the jury is out on. Right now, I have the CCP as the only one on the ballot in the PRC, with 100% support. They also have some support in select African nations, but they weren't able to pull out a win in my spacebar campaigns. Barack Obama got his percentages based on approval ratings from the countries/regions in question, while for now I based Modi on the population of Muslims and the size of the Indian community in each country.

There's an option to change the candidate name for the party on each state ballot. This is used constantly in Congress Forever/Infinity, so you can play as the Democrats in 2016, but run Joe Kennedy in MA-4 and Bill Keating in MA-9. I've considered using the names of ideologically similar parties as "affiliates" for the major candidates. Perhaps Communist Party USA is the affiliate of the CCP, so they represent Jinping on a ballot given to Americans. I prefer this method rather than giving everyone equal ballot access, because I foresee parties that would be hostile to other nation's interests. Islamists, various supremacists, perhaps Modi, the CCP and the WPK (North Korea) would likely face challenges getting onto the ballot in other countries. Likewise, one party states would always be one party states, though I may need to look into some alternatives as I find if the CCP isn't on, then the PRC will give me a game-breaking error come election night with no-one else on the ballot.

It's still very much a work in progress, but I think it's coming along nicely. The major tasks for me right now are:
-See if I can lower the number of nations while leaving enough competitive regions to make the game interesting.
-Figure out a workable party system and electoral college system, or just use popular vote.
-Decide how the parties will be structured. Right now, I have each candidate as their own VP. I'm not too keen on adding primaries, but it could be an alternative to one candidate per party. Definitely not a top priority right now.
-Working on valid issues. I based the current scenario on a local Mayoral election one; so I need to account for international issues rather than firefighter's contracts. Another low priority but would have a great benefit to the flavor of the scenario.

That's a lot for now. Feel free to drop some suggestions and tips, there's definitely more than one way I could go with this.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Does anyone know how to crack demo or where Can I get the full version 2016 or also older version?

PM please.
Wow. Two of y'all?

Solicit assistance to commit any sort of crime again, including copyright violations, and you are done here.

Kicked for a week

Just figured I'd post this since I ended up sandwiched between two posts asking for pretty much a "free full version" of this game. Interestingly enough, there is a full version that is both free, and comes straight from the company itself, so no illegal activity necessary.

PRESIDENT FOREVER 2004

I just downloaded it, and it's no P4E16/PI, but it's a good enough taste. It comes with four scenarios, 2004, 1992, 1980, and 1960. There doesn't seem to be any primaries, but some people have made scenarios where you can just play the primary. In that sense, it's much more limited, but there's nothing stopping you from added candidates, and the game even comes with a candidate editor.

Sure, it's over 10 years old, but it's not awful and it seems to run fine on Windows 10. There are a lot of custom scenarios available, though some download links may not work. Looking through the scenario names, it can be modified in pretty much the same way the current games can, to include foreign, fictional, and even state/city level campaigns.

So, if you can't afford the latest game or aren't sure you want to buy the most recent incarnation or you just like free things, here's an alternative. Go download it, play it, then flood the thread with screenshots like the rest of us.

Last edited: