President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Tayya, Apr 9, 2012.

1. kyc0705 Well-Known Member

...go to your room and think about what you did.

BippyTheGuy and Peyton like this.
  2. Peyton Don't be hatin' on Peyton

The United States Presidential Election of 2020

[​IMG]

If you thought 2016 was over, you were wrong. Trump managed to win the popular vote while losing the electoral vote. Afterwards, he began claiming the election was rigged. The 2020 Election was the biggest political upset since the 2016 Election. Polls showed Trump leading in Georgia, Minnesota, Oregon, and Washington a week before the election. For Republicans, it was easy to blame the loss on third party candidates in Ohio, Michigan, and Georgia.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Morraw The most optimistic gal you've ever met

And that's how America died.

The End.

4. jonnguy2016 Well-Known Member

If this happened IRL imagine how quickly both sides would change their stance on the Electoral College.

5. Turquoise Blue Fluid Kaleidoscope Gal

The second time in a row that the people voted for one person, but got another.

6. Peyton Don't be hatin' on Peyton

7. Malkenny Well-Known Member

A Flynn/Blackburn Presidency? Sounds...'interesting'.

Peyton and theev like this.
  8. Deblano Independent Voter.

GG.

Who wants to recolonize the Americas in the next round?

9. Rosenheim Puerto Rican Scribe

I picked this game up the other day and, after a few practice runs, finally won the Democratic Primary. A certain June 2014 interview never happens and many more Clinton controversies emerge, with a huge one exploding about a month before primary season, blowing the field wide open. O'Malley never enters the race, but Jim Webb, Andrew Cuomo, and Mark Warner jump in and continue on far past their expiration dates. Sanders lasts long into the contest, but eventually he concedes and endorses me against Clinton, helping me win California.

Through blood, sweat, tears, I get a plurality of the delegates and thus, a contested convention. Clinton bitterly refuses to concede and we go through a full vote, with every candidate's delegates but Sanders going to Clinton. Fortunately for me, Sanders had more than enough to put me over. This loyalty is rewarded.

Thus begins the general election campaign in earnest against the Republican's Jeb Bush/Jan Brewer line up (they also had a contested convention, with it going down to Cruz and Bush).

"Pretty Fly for a Schweitz Guy", Schweitzer/Sanders 2016:
    Puce Green - Schweitzer victories
    Yellow - Clinton Victories
    Orange - Sanders Victories

Attached Files:

theev and BippyTheGuy like this.
  10. Hero-King Marth Not-So Kingly King

Is this game worth the money?

11. Oppo Paul Simon 2020 Gone Fishin'

YES

12. frustrated progressive Insert Witticism Here

Traffic,Heat,Crime,Poverty, Still Paradise (LA)
    Returning to this scenario, are there any default handicaps for third parties which you can turn off in Campaign Editor?

13. Rosenheim Puerto Rican Scribe

It's a good strategy game that unfortunately doesn't take the time to explain itself. I didn't even know I could level up my character's abilities until I was 3/4 of the way through the primary campaign.

14. Milo Well-Known Member

Feel the Chafee 2020

To say 2020 was a straight forward election is understatement. Although not as dramatic as 2016, it did lead to the rise of a very unlikely POTUS, Lincoln Davenport Chafee. Chafee started as a rank outsider in a very contested field (11 Candidates gained delegates of some sort). It is far to say to say that this contested field helped him by dividing the vote among several different candiates and indeed it was only towards the end of cycle that an 'anti Chafee candiate emerged clearly in the form of Kamala Harris and Martin Heinrinch. Chafee only gained 8 million of the 30 million cast in the Democratic Primaries (although he was the candidate with most votes and delegates), so its no surprise that his choice of Harris as VP was a sigh of unity after a somewhat contested convention. Chafee had learned from his disastrous performance four years earlier, he focused on his debate performance and building up a base in big states instead of focusing on the likes of Iowa and New Hampshire (finishing a close 3rd in both).

Trump himself faced several primary challenges and for all the media talk even after Rand Paul's victory in New Hampshire, he easily won renomination ,many Republicans simply wanting to beat Democrats and party leader wanting to hold onto there seats. Polling was grim for Trump and threat of losing Texas is what many people state as the catalyst for his dumping of Mike Pence as VP and being replaced by Rick Perry. If 2016 had been the revolt against the establishment, 2020 was the revolt against Trump and Republicans who allowed him to remain in office. This Liberal revolt swept the country in former Republican strongholds like Georgia and North Carolina. Trump failure to hold onto any of his gain bar Ohio show the his weakening appeal. Chafee was an understated campaigner with a message of hope and competence and a yearning to return to normality struck a chord and his landslide demonstrated his. Trump fate was sealed by the debated where he flopped and even after 4 years of Office he seemed incapable of well being presidential to say the least. Its no wonder that the Chafee/Harris ticket beat the Trump/Perry ticket in the Liberal Revolution of 2020.

chafee.jpg

15. theev Suede-Denim Secret Police Gone Fishin'

This is a problem Alabama.

upload_2017-1-14_21-9-24.png

16. Oppo Paul Simon 2020 Gone Fishin'

1968 Alabama is ISOTed to 1948 thinking it's George Wallace instead of Henry?

17. theev Suede-Denim Secret Police Gone Fishin'

Yeah. But also the fact that 1,397 people voted in the entire state.

BippyTheGuy and Oppo like this.
  18. Milo Well-Known Member

Only Albionos can vote

DJ756 and theev like this.
  19. lizarraba Liberal Conservative

OMG:
    super LOLLL.PNG

Peyton, Morraw and Oppo like this.
  20. Oppo Paul Simon 2020 Gone Fishin'