President Davy Crockett The champion of squatters rights

JWQ

Banned
What would a president Davy Crockett administration look like? There are a couple of elections he could’ve become the American president. However the most likely chance he could have won the office would have been William Henry Harrison‘s running mate in 1840 . Provided he doesn’t die at the Alamo.

What would a president Davy Crockett administration look like? There are a couple of elections he could’ve become the American president. However the most likely chance he could have won the office would have been William Henry Harrison‘s running mate in 1840 . Provided he doesn’t die at the Alamo.
If you get him elected early enough, you could prevent the expulsion of the Cherokee as he would have listened to the supreme court + being the lone voice of dissent in Tennessee delegation.

As president, he's going to try and pass policies favorable to rural America, particularly poorer individuals. In 1826, it is said that he was in opposition to the policies of President John Quincy Adams and his secretary of state, Henry Clay. However, what policies, it does not say in the sources I have read so it could have been just him using an unpopular president as leverage of some sort to help him get ahead. Three items come to mind when thinking of his congressional career; a focus on streamlining the sale of land/squatters rights, wanting to abolish West point because he thought it only benighted wealthy people, and opposition to the Indian removal act. So this gives us an idea of his focus as president and that is likely populism and being a true champion of the people, like Jackson (ironically). In my timeline when he was elected in 1832, I had him adopt part of the American system created by clay because I think he would have come around to seeing it as helping the westerners. But that is only my opinion, others my have a different conclusion. He could alternatively focus on less government spending ashe fought for less taxes on poor settlers when serving in the Tennessee legislature, possibly even trying to raise taxes on the wealthy. (Not that it would go well)

Tippecanoe and Crocket Too!

JWQ

Banned

The Landslide Election of 1840 With Tippecanoe And Crocket Too!
service-pnp-ppmsca-15700-15770v.jpg

President Crocket indeed did not die at the Alamo but lived to see his rise to fame a different way than had he been Martyred at the alamo.
Instead, crocket became the sole hero and survivor at the alamo and chosen to be the selected frontiersmen and man of the people as William Henry Harrisons Running mate
Log-Cabin-Campaign_1.jpg

Keep the ball rolling !
The whigs win the white house against Incumbent Martian Van Ruin!
President Willian Henry Harrison stubbornly goes to his inauguration without a coat and later becomes sick and dies. Davy Crocket hears the news of his sudden departure and arrives to Washington to take the oath of office. Upon his first cabinet meeting, his members tell him that Harrison allows us to vote on an issue and the president is to more a figure head over the cabinet decisions. President Crocket to his surprise tells his cabinet that the president will be the decision-maker and will listen to advise from the cabinet, but only I have the final say and choice otherwise please hand over your letters of resignation.

President Davy Crockets Inugration on 1840 April 9
399px-Davy_Crockett_by_John_Gadsby_Chapman.jpg

President Davy Crocket goes to his Inauguration In deer skins wearing a coonskin hat accompanied by him are his hound dogs.
The King of the Wild Frontier
Mr president Presents his speech to the affluent easterners and Washington establishment that has so dominated American politics.
President Davy Crocket gives a mermandoum of President William Harrison who has gone to meet our Lord in Heaven to spend eternity as we all shall one day. We will remember his presence on earth forever. His concerns to people around especially ordinary people trying to scratch a state out on the frontier will be remembered and celebrated. A Virginia born Tidewater planter aristocrat actually did not grow up in a long Cabain such as I did. However, we will continue the same spirit of the Frontier and the spirit of plain commoners that have shared during this campaign and in Harisons personal Life.
Harrison was known for treating his servants as family and his good works, Christian kindness, and concern for ordinary people as humans, humans in general, has been Long remembered. To commemorate his life, as well as the plain spirit of the Americans who voted for him we have refreshments Of Hard cider, Moonshine, Cornbread, biscuits, country stew, and even dessert! As I'm sure many of yall wonder why would any of us care to waist another day's wage or better a day off from the employer or employ waisted by haveing some long-winded fat cat teach us about politics which will begin soon? ((The audience laugh) However some of y’all are unemployed and need a good meal from this panic caused by the destruction of the National bank .

The refreshments are provided by the hardworking woman of Tennessee which is all of course free as the inauguration is public to the American people. But if I may present a premature toast Liffiting his Tippaccano Log cabin bottle (The audience chuckle ) Mqy God be with their family our country in his absence. Davy Crocket reaches for old Betsey (his rifle ) and walks to the Washington guard. Blank gunfire salute at the deceased president departed and the marching band plays songs most suited for the occasion. After a while, the band finish the gloomy, but sometimes patriotic music. He will remember as his spirit goes on. Butt lets start with some more cheerful music {Blue grass music is music is played to the commoners' delight } President Crocket for far to long have the rich benefited at the expense to the commoners such as the fur trappers of Tennsse paying expensive taxes with their meager livelihoods. I promise My administration will protect and defend the common people especially those hurt most by the panic and to those worst of even before there was the panic caused by Old Hickory and his Fox from Kinderhook. (The people applaud in approval. Bow Wow goes the dogs!) Crocket picks up the dog in his hands )Why even this her Hound is excited Yelping Crocket for president! President crocket proceeds to talk about politics and finishes. Alright, Yall have suffered enough of Listening to politicians' promises that they won't deliver making fat cats rich at the expense of commoners such as everyone else. To compensate for the boring, political speech of no importance and to reward yalls patience and loyalty to as promised refreshments are warm and ready for the whole families to have plenty! {the old bluegrass music of the East Tennessee and North Carolina Hills echo with the people's representation}[The frontier spirit appears to be on the people with even William Henry Harrison soul smiling Looking up the mortals in heaven​

Attachments

• 467px-ElectoralCollege1840.svg.png
    467px-ElectoralCollege1840.svg.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
The President Born on a Mountain top In Tennessee Greenest State of the Land of the Free Now becomes the Leader of the Land of the Free

JWQ

Banned
397px-David_Crockett_portrait_by_Chester_Harding.jpg

President Davy Crocket
April 4, 1841 – March 4, 1845​
President Croket assuming the Job of the presidency makes it a point that he is no one's puppet and if they don't like it then they may resign. However, Crocket will point out that he is a Whig and will gladly clean up the evils of President Andrew Jackson and will work to united people in hard times making the united states prosper again. He let the People Know his main concern is Keeping land cheap and advocating for squatters' rights out west and to Benefit the poor people and to help the commoners
  1. President Crocket Signs the National Bank into law after the Whigs have passed the bill through. Croket hopes it will improve the economy of the nation once again​
  2. Crocket In efforts to try to seek common compromise with Henry Clay Abolished The national treasury and Croket Disagreed with the A independent treasury​
  3. Crocket signs the Involuntarily Banrucy act hoping to help the American People especially the poorest during the Panic.​
  4. President Crockett signs the "Log-Cabin" bill enabled a settler to claim 160 acres of land before it was offered publicly for sale, and later pay $1.25 an acre for it.​
(What other policies do you think Crocket would have established as president?)​

Last edited:
So you mentioned that Crockett survived the Alamo, right? So does the Texas Revolution play out differently in any meaningful way (did it fail and Crockett escape, or did it succeed and Crockett just returned home afterwards?) Or did Texas get annexed early?

JWQ

Banned
So you mentioned that Crockett survived the Alamo, right? So does the Texas Revolution play out differently in any meaningful way (did it fail and Crockett escape, or did it succeed and Crockett just returned home afterwards?) Or did Texas get annexed early?
Davy Crockett was almost if not the only lone survivor. how could that possibly happen unlikely but still.

1 he could hide from the dead bodies I suppose
2 if the United States Army sent troops, in a pod where are the United States claim taxes earlier such as a Spanish American war in the 1820s
3 Davy Crockett even more unlikely could’ve thought his way out and escaped
4 there isn’t a battle of the Alamo or there’s more Texans to hold it off
The most likely part David Crockett would’ve become president would’ve he did not go to the Alamo or at least die there. Davy Crockett would be a much like a bowl pack for VP then someone of obscure background John Tyler

Davy Crockett was almost if not the only lone survivor. how could that possibly happen unlikely but still.

1 he could hide from the dead bodies I suppose
2 if the United States Army sent troops, in a pod where are the United States claim taxes earlier such as a Spanish American war in the 1820s
3 Davy Crockett even more unlikely could’ve thought his way out and escaped
4 there isn’t a battle of the Alamo or there’s more Texans to hold it off
The most likely part David Crockett would’ve become president would’ve he did not go to the Alamo or at least die there. Davy Crockett would be a much like a bowl pack for VP then someone of obscure background John Tyler
1 Him being unconcious among the dead could work, though him hiding or being knocked out could result in attacks against his character as cowardly
2 That would have some pretty major knock on effects on the United States prior to the 1840 election
3 He could have been dispatched to act as a messenger to bring word of the attack to Houston, true
4 Plausible that Texan forces keep on moving to prevent being boxed in/finding a better site to fortify.

True. Though I wouldn't exactly call John Tyler obscure. He was a force in Virginian politics and was both a valuable ally or a difficult obstacle in congress. Tyler was on the ticket in the first place because he had name recognition and was important in gaining southern votes.

JWQ

Banned
1 Him being unconcious among the dead could work, though him hiding or being knocked out could result in attacks against his character as cowardly
2 That would have some pretty major knock on effects on the United States prior to the 1840 election
3 He could have been dispatched to act as a messenger to bring word of the attack to Houston, true
4 Plausible that Texan forces keep on moving to prevent being boxed in/finding a better site to fortify.

True. Though I wouldn't exactly call John Tyler obscure. He was a force in Virginian politics and was both a valuable ally or a difficult obstacle in congress. Tyler was on the ticket in the first place because he had name recognition and was important in gaining southern votes.
To tell you the truth I’m not really interested in how he survives the Alamo sorry. Well John Tyler didn’t serve the way as well when he became president lol . It’s been a while since I studied John Tyler so I guess he wasn’t obscure. Davy Crockett a household name that’s what I’m trying to say John Tyler wasn’t before the presidentcy https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...in-1850-instead-of-1841.503724/#post-21549495

what on earth are you doing up I’m doing homework for college.