Posts posted in the wrong forum

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by Eivind, Jan 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Eivind Well-Known Member

Why are some posts posted in the wrong forum closed while some are moved? I posted one "What if" scenario in the ASB forum as it involved time travel and was told that the right forum was one called "shared world" or possibly non-political chat. Then, wouldn´t the logical thing be to move it to the right forum instead of closing it, like what is done when people post scenarios with a pre-1900 POD in "after 1900"? I might of course copy the scenario and post it in the right forum, but then the first answers are lost, which is a pity as they were interesting answers.

2. BiteNibbleChomp I like watching Survivor.

If you are referring to your "you are ISOTed to 100 ad rome" thread, that's a specific type of thread that the mods have forbidden from ASB (the so called 'thought experiment' or 'what would you do' thread) - there's a stickied post on the ASB forum highlighting that the mods don't want you doing those.

If you post it in Non Pol or Shared Worlds, you could quote the original answers which will give those posters an alert.

- BNC

Zagan likes this.
  3. Eivind Well-Known Member

Is it possible to ask to have the post moved to non-political chat and then reopened? I posted a post about a scenario where someone where mysteriously transported back in time to ancient Rome in AD 100. I don´t use the ASB forum much and had misunderstood what the forum was for. I guess I should have read the rules, but it didn´t occur to me that this was the wrong forum.

4. BiteNibbleChomp I like watching Survivor.

Best way to do that is to report the post and then leave an appropriate message as the report reason.

- BNC

Zagan likes this.