Post your first maps

Here we go. One of my first.
Av0XoIt.png

My first maps are on a computer I no longer have access to. I can try to dig up my first map I posted on the forum though.

A world with more intelligent life forms:

green= farming
light blue= Terraneuva sapiens
dark blue= Kangarius sapiens
orange= Pandus sapiens
gold= Beavus Sapiens
dark purple= homo sapiens sapiens
light purple= homo sapiens neandrathalus

attachment.php

edit: sorry about the size

Asami

Banned
My oldest map is pretty much lost to the ages, unfortunately. It was basically a bunch of space-filling empires that covered Europe. I ended up naming one of the states Prussia, without knowing what the REAL Prussia was. My reasoning was that it was between Russia and Poland, therefore, Prussia. :p

However, I have a few of my "older" maps from before I joined AltHist.

draw_at_yalta__alt_history_____germany__1946_by_iambored212-d5e6khd.png

(This map is the first map 4 years later, in 1950.)

untitled_4_by_iambored212-d5o83pu.png

the_united_states_of_america__1820__alt_history__by_animadefensor-d5qzszi.png

1840_by_animadefensor-d5r39kd.png

the_commonwealth_of_danubia__alt_history__by_animadefensor-d5sda3b.png

My oldest map is pretty much lost to the ages, unfortunately. It was basically a bunch of space-filling empires that covered Europe. I ended up naming one of the states Prussia, without knowing what the REAL Prussia was. My reasoning was that it was between Russia and Poland, therefore, Prussia. :p

However, I have a few of my "older" maps from before I joined AltHist.

draw_at_yalta__alt_history_____germany__1946_by_iambored212-d5e6khd.png

(This map is the first map 4 years later, in 1950.)

untitled_4_by_iambored212-d5o83pu.png

the_united_states_of_america__1820__alt_history__by_animadefensor-d5qzszi.png

1840_by_animadefensor-d5r39kd.png

the_commonwealth_of_danubia__alt_history__by_animadefensor-d5sda3b.png

Well apparently I have been watching you on deviantart for a year now and now I know your alternatehistory.com name :eek:

It's a scan and not AH, and it's far from my first map, but it's the oldest I can find. I dated it 2000 on the back, meaning my freshman or sophomore year of high school.

In the days when the Internet was small and slow and not very searchable, not everything was available online. So to visualize the Shire I had to draw it myself, from the description in the book.

shirejpg.jpg

This is the oldest AH type map I can find. HS or college, part of a giant future history post-apocalypse kind of scenario that I never shared and only dimly remember. I played with the map in MS Paint and either didn't Save As, and so did not keep all the different stages, or else I deleted the earlier ones at some point.

Yellow is a rump prefecture of a former space filling empire that covered most of Eurasia. Blue is territories affiliated with a kind of technocracy based in central Europe. Red is a regional state on both sides of the Channel. Pale green are settlers left over from some kind of eastern hordes that spread through the region. There are all kinds of sub-borders and dots that I no longer understand. The dots out in the Atlantic were a color palette.

Brittaniapng.png

I made this map up all the way back in 2012. Undoubtedly, I would have made a few maps prior to this one, though this is the first that I drew-up on my computer. I don't know what I planned to do with it (I believe it was suppose to be part of a much larger fantasy planet) because I never expanded upon it, and for the last three years it's just been floating around one of my document folders.

Cueese.jpg

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
mapman.png

Oldest on my PC- I know I've done older, but they were destroyed alongside my old USB.

Never got around to finishing it.

Basically Alt-Cold War between weird quasi-fantasy World.

mapman.png

Thande

Donor
I can't, because my oldest sort-of AH map was in 1997 and on paper. Well, if you count a map dividing the world among all your friends to be AH.

Goldstein

Banned
My first map was a very crude and cliche-ridden FH scenario that used the wikipedia template. I don't know if it still inhabits some dark corner of the Internet. From that year I started to seriously make maps (around 2007), there's only one of them I still keep, ad so it can count as the earliest of what remains.

CommieWank.png