"Portals" : Film Anthology Series

This is something that looks interesting!!!

“Portals.”
The film features segments directed by genre veterans Eduardo Sanchez (“The Blair Witch Project”), Gregg Hale (“V/H/S 2”), Timo Tjahjanto (“The Night Comes For Us”) and Liam O’Donnell (“Skyline”).

Created by Chris White, the genre-bending story is set around a series of worldwide blackouts — after which millions of mysterious cosmic anomalies appear everywhere across the planet. While many flee from the sentient objects, some people are drawn toward — and into — them with horrifying consequences.

Produced by Brad Miska and Chris White alongside BoulderLight Pictures’ J.D. Lifshitz and Raphael Margules, the distributor is planning a fall multi-platform release, and will be begin handling foreign sales at Cannes under its partnership with Film Mode Entertainment.

See:

unknown.jpeg

I don't know... considering how much of a critical bomb Skyline was, I don't think it's a great idea to have one of it's directors on this project.

I don't know... considering how much of a critical bomb Skyline was, I don't think it's a great idea to have one of it's directors on this project.
Well with "Night Comes For Me" "V/H/S" and "Blair Witch Project" there is some promise. But I admit that when even Donald Faison doesn't mention "Skyline" while on "Robot Chicken", it is a bad omen....

From the looks of things it will be ‘invasion of the 2001 Monoliths’ at least at the beginning. Hopefully the portals go somewhere interesting like some alternate versions of Earth.

Last edited:
From the looks of things it will be ‘invasion of the 2001 Monoliths’ at least at the beginning. Hopefully the portals go somewhere interesting like some alternate versions of Earth.
That is kind of the vibe I am getting from the trailers...

Apparently the film comes out soon. According to Screen Media, "The film arrives in theaters and On Demand on October 25."

Also here is a venture into one alternate universe by V/H/S Viral:

Last edited:
Apparently the film comes out soon. According to Screen Media, "The film arrives in theaters and On Demand on October 25."

Also here is a venture into one alternate universe by V/H/S Viral:

Interesting. This has a very SCP Foundation/Creepypasta vibe to it.

I'm not sure. Apparently there is also a film called Portal which has an even lower production value...

Hmm, I’m pretty sure I saw the movie available in an On Demand service today, though I didn’t have the time to watch it.

So I finally got around to seeing it. I’m not really sure if the film counts as AH or not, since it’s not really clear what the ‘other side’ actually is. It’s possibly some kind of simulation/Lotus Eater Simulation, but that’s not really made clear.

Last edited:
So I finally got around to seeing it. I’m not really sure if the film counts as AH or not, since it’s not really clear what the ‘other side’ actually is. It’s possibly some kind of simulation/Lotus Eater Simulation, but that’s not really made clear.
That's terrible...

At least M. Night Shamlayan would deliver on the premise, it might be a terrible premise but he would deliver with a twist...

That's terrible...

At least M. Night Shamlayan would deliver on the premise, it might be a terrible premise but he would deliver with a twist...

I mean I don’t want to taint anyone’s opinions of it or anything. I’m honestly still trying to make heads or tails of it myself.

So has anyone else seen it yet? Any other opinions?

Personally I can’t help but notice that it seems to be recycling some elements from the Skyline series, primarily that the aliens use some kind of psychic lure to harvest humans en mass. Though the switch it up a little by having the enthralled people go around in a zombie like trance capturing the unaffected.