"Portals" : Film Anthology Series

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Mr_ Bondoc, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Mr_ Bondoc Member

This is something that looks interesting!!!

“Portals.”
    The film features segments directed by genre veterans Eduardo Sanchez (“The Blair Witch Project”), Gregg Hale (“V/H/S 2”), Timo Tjahjanto (“The Night Comes For Us”) and Liam O’Donnell (“Skyline”).

Created by Chris White, the genre-bending story is set around a series of worldwide blackouts — after which millions of mysterious cosmic anomalies appear everywhere across the planet. While many flee from the sentient objects, some people are drawn toward — and into — them with horrifying consequences.

Produced by Brad Miska and Chris White alongside BoulderLight Pictures’ J.D. Lifshitz and Raphael Margules, the distributor is planning a fall multi-platform release, and will be begin handling foreign sales at Cannes under its partnership with Film Mode Entertainment.

See:

unknown.jpeg

CJD likes this.
  2. Nathan Bernacki Well-Known Member

I don't know... considering how much of a critical bomb Skyline was, I don't think it's a great idea to have one of it's directors on this project.

3. Mr_ Bondoc Member

Well with "Night Comes For Me" "V/H/S" and "Blair Witch Project" there is some promise. But I admit that when even Donald Faison doesn't mention "Skyline" while on "Robot Chicken", it is a bad omen....

4. CJD Well-Known Member

From the looks of things it will be ‘invasion of the 2001 Monoliths’ at least at the beginning. Hopefully the portals go somewhere interesting like some alternate versions of Earth.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Sovereign12 likes this.
  5. Mr_ Bondoc Member

That is kind of the vibe I am getting from the trailers...

CJD likes this.
  6. Mr_ Bondoc Member

Apparently the film comes out soon. According to Screen Media, "The film arrives in theaters and On Demand on October 25."

Also here is a venture into one alternate universe by V/H/S Viral:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    CJD likes this.
  7. CJD Well-Known Member

Interesting. This has a very SCP Foundation/Creepypasta vibe to it.

Mr_ Bondoc likes this.