Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

Can be used for arcades? If yes we can see an Atari-Sega was we saw a Sega-gremlin before, as that was very common in arcades, if not they would keep the corporate name and Sega AM brand.
In 1982, the name of the company was changed to Sega Electronics to better strengthen the Sega brand name in the United States.

And Namco bought Atari Games in 1984. Make of that what you will.

Maybe I don't think would change the mega drive that much, as Sega got lucky NEC fumble it up in the west and Nintendo took an eternity with the super Famicom. But if they alongside Suzuki can change the Saturn, the better
What do you mean, "took an eternity"? Atari Games' library could be made into games exclusive for Sega consoles in a bid to win customers — maybe under the STI name. This could have several consequences.

Also, would Jack Tramiel's Atari Corporation go the OTL way or could some butterflies be worked in?

What if DC gave Alan Moore permission to do his 'Charlton Project' but suggested he chose a different name for it?
dderco2-653cc7ac-914a-440f-b6b8-a527bc7158fc.png

It's a bit morbid, but has there been a scenario done yet where Aerosmith ends up taking the plane that Lynyrd Skynyrd took that caused their famous plane crash(Aerosmith had issues with the plane crew and thus took a different charter flight) and Tyler/Perry end up dying instead? I figure that'd be interesting to explore if it hasn't already.

Cathleen

Banned
Purely out of nterest, if late 1978 UK was ISOT’d to now, how would the ITV of 1978 such as Thames, Southern, ATV, etc., react to our time?

Purely out of nterest, if late 1978 UK was ISOT’d to now, how would the ITV of 1978 such as Thames, Southern, ATV, etc., react to our time?
I would imagine there would be a massive amount of overtime for lawyers etc while production deals have to be renegotiated.

I had an idea but don’t think it deserves a post on its own:

WI: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was created during PlayStation 2 era?

Do you think it would have succeeded and even became a franchise to rival Super Smash Bros? I think it might have:
  1. This was during the period when Sony PlayStation was essentially seen as invincible and every Third Party and their mother wanted to be on the PlayStation 2. Sony should have an easier time licensing iconic PlayStation characters and franchises like Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and Solid Snake from Metal Gear.
  2. “PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is a new untrusted IP”? Well back in the PlayStation 1 era, those VERY SAME Third Parties happily supported the then ‘new and untrusted’ PlayStation over the established Nintendo and Sega.
  3. Similarly, Sony did not have a very strong First Party lineup yet? But gamers clearly did not care about a lack of First Party when they supported the PlayStation and PlayStation 2 over the N64 and GameCube with their evergreen Nintendo IPs!
  4. Super Smash Bros was still a closed system to Nintendo IPs only then, so it would not have been seen as a valid IP for Third Parties to license their IPs to yet.
Reasons it might still fail?
  1. If the gameplay is as clunky as OTL, it would still fizzle out after 1 entry.

Reasons it might still fail?
  1. If the gameplay is as clunky as OTL, it would still fizzle out after 1 entry.
That is the thing, Sony didn't care, they might has just seen Smash Sales Figure and decided wanted to try and just outsourced it to the cheapest studio they found, even when tried to salvage the ship was to little and to late, the same with PS1 Mini, they just followed the leader but didn't try...so I can see the same.

The ironic it was... Konami tried his own Smash clone, and failed too
What if Final Fantasy VII was on the Nintendo 64?
The Cancelled Mother 3 could be the template, those 3D models still have such charm even all the years

This TL is inspired by @dsp19's Star Trek timeline, and focuses on the schedules in particular, but...

What if Disney launched their own broadcast network in 1981?

I'd be happy to answer any questions that you guys have.

This TL is inspired by @dsp19's Star Trek timeline, and focuses on the schedules in particular, but...

What if Disney launched their own broadcast network in 1981?

I'd be happy to answer any questions that you guys have.
For those who are unaware, here's the skinny so far:

-Disney partners with Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Jim Henson Productions at least 10 years or more before they bought them out IRL, which led to more content for their younger audiences.
-To beef up the weekday afternoon lineup, they get the broadcast rights to Robotech, as G.I. Joe and Transformers were doing as well as their RL counterparts.
-Before you ask, most of the executives in Disney still remain in the company, for better or for worse.
-Bernard and Bianca replace Chip and Dale as the iconic Rescue Rangers figureheads of the 80's. On another note, Peter Pan and the Pirates is Disney's way of blending the more iconic movie characters with a more accurate telling of the J.M. Barrie stories.
-Kids Incorporated is still part of Disney history, and with it being on a television network with an uber-popular weekday cast, it will do better than its premium exclusivity. Especially once the Mickey Mouse Club reboot comes into play and is paired up with Kids Incorporated at the 5-6 timeslot. The same hour in the afternoon where the original MMC became household names.
-To fill in space, The Wonderful World of Disney has two primetime slots, each running at two hours apiece. The Sunday slot has the mainstays, such as the Disney Animated Canon, while the Wednesday slot houses the premieres and new original movies and miniseries. And yes, because of the earlier Jim Henson broadcasts, The Jim Henson Hour and The Storyteller occasionally hijack the Wednesday Wonderful World program.
-The Raccoons is still part of Disney Channel culture, albeit not through the channel as we know it, and they actually move a few hours later in the early primetime hours on Saturdays, after spending a few years in the kidvid market on the mornings.

For those who are unaware, here's the skinny so far:

-Disney partners with Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Jim Henson Productions at least 10 years or more before they bought them out IRL, which led to more content for their younger audiences.
This already is becoming a cliche.

But without the NFL, Disney might have the same woes that fox got...need a real megahit(Fox was the Simpsons, here might be TWWOD) before getting NFL that give FOX the legitimacy in OTL

One idea I'm considering is a collaborative timeline that starts as close as possible to the beginning of a certain medium. Currently, I'm leaning towards video games, although animation and comics are also contenders. The problem is trying to figure out the starting point...

One idea I'm considering is a collaborative timeline that starts as close as possible to the beginning of a certain medium. Currently, I'm leaning towards video games, although animation and comics are also contenders. The problem is trying to figure out the starting point...
What if Atari were to use the abundant profits from the Pong family of games to make the Atari 2600 more like the portable arcade it was marketed as?

That's early enough of a POD without going too far off the rails, right?

Pop culture WI for the Trek fans: Captain Picard is killed off in Best of Both Worlds Part II. Rumors were swirling at the end of TNG season 3 that Patrick Stewart wanted to go back to the UK. How does Patrick Stewart's career turn out if he leaves, and what happens to TNG (aside from Riker becoming captain)?

When the TNG writers scripted Best of Both Worlds, they still didn't have Part II written when the first part aired in June 1990

Pop culture WI for the Trek fans: Captain Picard is killed off in Best of Both Worlds Part II. Rumors were swirling at the end of TNG season 3 that Patrick Stewart wanted to go back to the UK. How does Patrick Stewart's career turn out if he leaves, and what happens to TNG (aside from Riker becoming captain)?

When the TNG writers scripted Best of Both Worlds, they still didn't have Part II written when the first part aired in June 1990

In universe I do not think they would have killed Picard, he would have had his Heroic moment to overcome the Borg programming and tell Data how to defeat the Borg. Afterwards he would have been retired from the Enterprise to head up an 'anti-Borg taskforce' so they can use Picard again at some point. Probably allows Shelby to take the XO position when Riker steps up as Captain.

TNG would retool for a Riker Captaincy, but most the stories could do ahead. Maybe more Picard orientated episodes like The Chase would not happen or be changed. There might be a quality drop off without Stewart, but the show will probably work that out, maybe becoming more 'actiony' than OTL?

Steward himself would have come back to Britain and done RSC stage work, and probably TV/movie as they interested him. Portraying Xavier is still highly likely imho. I certainly do not think his career would have suffered. It seems likely he would be back on Trek in one way of another before the end.