Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

WI Elizabeth Taylor is killed with Mike Todd in that plane crash in 1958? (OTL she had a persistent cold.)
That would be interesting, because it butterflies away almost everything for which popular culture remembers Taylor: her antics with Eddie Fisher; her pneumonia scare and subsequent tracheotomy; her starring role in the legendary flop, Cleopatra; her resultant, tumultuous romance with Richard Burton, including their several other collaborations (such as her Oscar-winning performance in Virginia Woolf); her friendship with and idolization by Michael Jackson; her substance abuse problems; those last few, particularly embarrassing marriages; her long and painful decline. Her most famous roles pre-1958 were as a child actress: Lassie Come Home, National Velvet...

The question then becomes: is she remembered as something of a female James Dean, whose career was tragically cut short despite a great deal of promise? Or simply as one of the myriad child actors who met an unfortunate end at far too young an age?

Well I have a short introduction for the Jim Morrison TL, it will be titled The Eye in the Head of a Poet. But I still don't have internet. If someone would can I PM the final draft to them for proof reading? When my internet returns of course. But should the first update be just the short introduction. Or should I make a fuller update?

Alright I have a good introduction. Brainbin, vultan, cole, etc. want to proof read it? I'm not the best writer in the world but as soon as I'm satisfied with it I will put it up. Btw finally got the internet fixed, I hate the local phone company. Lightning ran in on the router, modem, and ethernet card in the computer from the storms in the S-E this week. The company did not want to believe their modem got hit too. But I'm back again hit me up if anybody wants to help me out. I'm real excited to get this TL up.

If you want to give me your next post to proofread, I'll be happen to do it.
I will def do so. My sister has an English degree so I let her proofread after I posted it up. That's why I made a couple of revisions, of course she couldn't help me on the historical aspect. But this entry is mostly speculative.

It just occurred to me that I updated That Wacky Redhead last night, and forgot to make a post here announcing that fact because it was rather late. Well, better late than never, right? :p So consider that announcement officially made. (sounds the trumpets)

Would anybody be interested in me reviving For Whom The Bell Tolls (Cliff Burton survives timeline) with a friend helping me write it?

I'd still be working on Controlled Chaos at the same time.

Would anybody be interested in me reviving For Whom The Bell Tolls (Cliff Burton survives timeline) with a friend helping me write it?

I'd still be working on Controlled Chaos at the same time.

Quick reminder as to the subject of it would be nice...

Quick reminder as to the subject of it would be nice...

As (briefly) stated, Cliff Burton, Metallica's bassist, does not die in 1986 and the band continues in the direction they were heading with Master of Puppets, it also profoundly changes rock and metal in the 90's and up to the modern day.

As (briefly) stated, Cliff Burton, Metallica's bassist, does not die in 1986 and the band continues in the direction they were heading with Master of Puppets, it also profoundly changes rock and metal in the 90's and up to the modern day.

Sounds interesting...

I've been thinking about a TL where The Matrix's sequels are actually good, if not better than the original, and this influences the science-fiction genre for the rest of the 2000s.

JFP: You know, I had an idea to cast Tom Cruise as Batman myself. But that was because I wanted DC to stop making Batman films and focus on other characters. Cruise would actually be good in the role, I think, but his controversial views hurt his career for a while.

Well OTL, he didn't really go into a spiral until 2005 (what with the Oprah couch, Brooke Shields, et el) -- though, as I'm seeing him do at least a couple of Batman films before then TTL, that could mean they age... differently.