Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: After 1900' started by vultan, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Nivek Mental Anime,Videogames,Football And Baseball Fan

The franchise would have either adapt the dissapareance as a series as should have been or keep pushing with the filler novels to get right before the suprise part 1...that means the franchise would be alive...maybe suprise movies instead? the dual TL worked better as a movie, playing our expectation which TL is which...

2. Neoteros Dux Mediolani

Hopefully, the lack of a backlash against Haruhi enables the original author to wrap up the light novel series, since several plot threads were left unresolved. The way I see it, the whole masquerade would've been broken eventually, most likely in the way Kyon himself envisioned in the series, and a few main characters would've died as well, with Asahina being the most likely casualty - her adult version wants to break the stable time loop responsible for her own existence, after all.

Nivek likes this.
  3. Nivek Mental Anime,Videogames,Football And Baseball Fan

Dunno the suprise part 2 i was unable to read it and was so short print is very expensive.

How they could continue in Japan HS second year is beyond me... Kyoani shooted themselves in the feet with the endless eight

eldandythedoubter likes this.
  4. TheDetailer Fan of Mythical Creatures and Alternate History

What if Facebook still exists? But had to compete with other similar websites like MySpace and LiveJournal? Instead of just curb-stomping them by the 2010s?

Ogrebear likes this.
  5. TheDetailer Fan of Mythical Creatures and Alternate History

As a side note. I've had this idea for an ASB timeline where from 1955 to 2015, every unfortunate, sudden, or tragic celebrity death is prevented, from James Dean to James Horner.

Would anybody like to see this as a future side project?

ANARCHY_4_ALL likes this.
  6. Jcoggins BANKAI!!!

Sure, that sounds neat. I'd love to see Bruce Lee live longer.

TheDetailer likes this.
  7. Nivek Mental Anime,Videogames,Football And Baseball Fan

Some did kiled themselves, example Sid Vicious and Amy winehouse

8. TheDetailer Fan of Mythical Creatures and Alternate History

Those people too.

9. Nivek Mental Anime,Videogames,Football And Baseball Fan

Dunno, they would drugs themselves to early grave anyway.

Michael Jackson would be interestig, maybe he escape his tyrant father early?

10. TheDetailer Fan of Mythical Creatures and Alternate History

Remember, I marked it as ASB.

11. Nivek Mental Anime,Videogames,Football And Baseball Fan

How a Will Smith Rap For Matrix would have been?

12. OldNavy1988 Well-Known Member

Here's something I've been thinking about for a while...

Which direction would Disney take if they had been owned by the following....

Rupert Murdoch

Donald Trump

Ted Turner

Berry Gordy

Sir Richard Branson

Barry Diller

or...

Jim Henson

13. Nivek Mental Anime,Videogames,Football And Baseball Fan

The only ones with money to buy disney are Murdoch, Turner, or Sony, the rest is beyond their paygrade

14. HeX Self-Proclaimed Disney Expert

Not Disney in the 1970s or 1980s. The House of Mouse had to fight off numerous takeover attempts by larger companies during that time and spent decades making underperforming movies, many of them critical failures as well as commercial flops (*cough* The Black Cauldron *cough*). Depending on the time period, quite a few of these guys could have bought them out, notable exceptions being Henson and Trump, both too poor in the '80s to afford buying out an entertainment company as large as Disney. (According to Wikipedia, Trump lied to Forbes about his net worth in 1982, saying he was around $100 million when he was actually around $5 million.)

Nivek and Ogrebear like this.
  15. OldNavy1988 Well-Known Member

@Nivek
    @HeX

So basically, Eisner was the only logical choice for that era?

Nivek likes this.
  16. Nivek Mental Anime,Videogames,Football And Baseball Fan

As Katenzberg, seems is very hard disney to get adquired, they need to be in critical red numbers them...maybe Sony too?

17. Electric Monk Does Your Believing For You

Nah Frank Wells was the dude that did the work. If he had more of an ego either Eisner would be screwed without him or Wells would in charge no Eisner at all.

18. OldNavy1988 Well-Known Member

Ok, so if there was just Frank Wells and no Eisner, would things at Disney be slightly different?

19. Electric Monk Does Your Believing For You

Almost certainly! How exactly is an interesting question but certainly their movie slate with no Eisner/Katzenberg is drastically different.

20. HeX Self-Proclaimed Disney Expert

Michael Eisner didn't buy out Disney--he was made CEO. Sorry if I misconstrued your question, there.

Oh, definitely. Eisner literally built the modern day Disney behemoth. It was he who led the charge to buy ABC and ESPN, turning Disney from a one-trick pony to a media empire. I think the studio would have been more stable under Wells (as in, there wouldn't have been the extreme highs and lows that characterized Disney under Eisner), but it also would've been much less of a go-getter, and would likely remain just a movie studio fused with the theme park industry. (The Disney Cruise Line was another of Eisner's ideas, so that's a no-go here, too.)