Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: After 1900' started by vultan, Jan 25, 2012.

1. DAv Middle Class... sorry

Ogrebear likes this.
  2. Nivek Resident Videogame Expert

what if michael jackson died on pepsi fire accident?

3. Kaiser Julius Well-Known Member

Just a bunch of nails for my Lucas-less idea...

Ogrebear likes this.
  4. Nivek Resident Videogame Expert

Well... How far would he goes? NASCAR? Indycar? Formula level?, Cinema...well there is not battlestar galactica, Star trek might do better.

5. Kaiser Julius Well-Known Member

I came unstuck there. Racecar driving isn't really my field of expertise. And it also goes up to his friendship with Coppola and American Graffitti.

6. MatthewFirth Well-Known Member

The end of Pepsi commercials, Thriller would sell even more copies and his leftover tracks would form "Hot Street" album.

Nivek likes this.
  7. Nivek Resident Videogame Expert

Wonder how fire pepsi would catch from this...and not scandals for Michael either

8. Unknown Member

WI Francis Ford Coppola, instead of Keanu Reeves, casts Daniel Day-Lewis as Jonathan Harker in Bram Stoker's Dracula? (Interestingly, he and Winona Ryder, who played Mina in the aforementioned film, starred as an engaged couple in The Age of Innocence and also co-starred in the film version of The Crucible...)

IMO, Day-Lewis would do better in the role than Reeves did (it helps, of course, that he's actually British; Reeves gave up trying to do a British accent); yeah, he's in his mid-30s, but that hasn't stopped casting directors before...

And, if Day-Lewis method acts like he's done, he'll probably be remembered for giving a good performance, IMO...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 11:03 PM
  9. Lafayette_ Well-Known Member

I wonder what the cultural effects would be of Michael Jackson dying in 2016 rather than 2009 and Prince dying in 2009 rather than 2016 (both with drug overdoses). Not to diss Prince, but I know they're on two different levels of fame, so perhaps this is a question of how would Michael change pop culture by living well into the 2010s

What do you guys think?

Ogrebear and TheDetailer like this.
  10. Nivek Resident Videogame Expert

Depends a lot how his London tour goes..if a mega sucess he will tour before he dies? Wonder if he will get more accusation and another trial too..

Ogrebear and Lafayette_ like this.