Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

Deleted member 100251

Then it's in the localizations. JP games need to be adapted for NA gamers. And TurboGrafx should get what can be a killer app to convince people to buy more units.

Zelda or Mario, anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
At the time was the arcade perfect port and that is a begin, the rest is up when original title and other come and goes.

Well, this is one thing. Were arcades popular in NA at the time? If else, NEC can't make this a selling point. The TurboGrafx port should be the only one released in NA.

Zelda or Mario anyone?

If you're talking localizations, I already understand that. If not, then... ?

Well, this is one thing. Were arcades popular in NA at the time? If else, NEC can't make this a selling point. The TurboGrafx port should be the only one released in NA.
Ah yeah as russian forgot how big arcades were in this side of atlantic till the turn of millenium, in general that is how they would evolved NEC selling points, maybe selling it in europe too would work.

Ah yeah as russian forgot how big arcades were in this side of atlantic till the turn of millenium, in general that is how they would evolved NEC selling points, maybe selling it in europe too would work.

"It's like playing in an arcade, but at home!" Bonus points to TurboGrafx being very small. Arcade-accurate ports can be a huge advantage for NEC, but it cannot last long. If NEC doesn't ruin their Japanese success, they may end up a major player in the video game market.

In American Magic (Currently in Fall 1984), CBS owns Columbia Pictures and Time Inc owns 20th Century Fox, and together they co-own Tri-Star Pictures with Carolco.

So with that, this home video label still exists while RCA Columbia Pictures Home Video is pretty much butterflied...

Now on to two kids' video labels from OTL, first, Playhouse Video, the kids label of CBS Fox IOTL between '83 and '92 or so...

And here is the logo of Magic Window, the kids' imprint of RCA Columbia which was later deactivated a couple years after Sony bought Columbia and Tristar IOTL...

So basically, CBS/Fox Video distributes for Columbia Pictures, 20th Century Fox and Tristar Pictures altogether since 1983. But between Magic Window and Playhouse, which of those kids' video labels would still exist under the CBS/Fox wing, and which one could either be butterflied or be owned by a rival conglomerate?

Wrestling is fake when it comes to actual competition.would Vince have promoted hulkama is at the time?I doubt it cause Hogan was his cashcow.

Question: what would've changed had USA picked up Mystery Science Theater 3000 instead of Comedy Central?

You mean the Comedy Channel? We're pre-merger :).

I would wager nothing good. Assuming production is moved to LA/NYC for a network show costs would have skyrocketed & internal production problems likely would have killed the show. Also USA has… um… very different demographics to Comedy Central, so that wouldn't have helped. One or two seasons and done?

On the other hand the movie line-up might have been somewhat wider.

This was the era when USA's original shows were exploitation TV movies, Swamp Thing (which had Mark Chapman, Dick Durock, and not much else going for it) and My Secret Identity (Jerry O'Connel in what amounts to Smallville: The Sitcom). I'm also not sure any production studio/channel is going to let Best Brains retain ownership like they did IOTL, let alone let them still film in Minnesota like Electric Monk said.

They did run Commander USA back in the day, though, so it might not be out of the question. Presuming they did I could see MST3K being aired before/in place of editions of Up All Night - if in place of I imagine they'll choose T&A so Rhonda Shear's night is kept and Gilbert Gottfried is dropped. Though as it's generally family friendly it could also air on Saturday mornings and even weekday afternoons.

In American Magic, I'm gonna have Richard Williams be able to finish the Thief and the Cobbler for release in 1985.

With Aladdin butterflied, what could be a good replacement for the 1992 slot in Disney's animated classics Canon?

In American Magic, I'm gonna have Richard Williams be able to finish the Thief and the Cobbler for release in 1985.

With Aladdin butterflied, what could be a good replacement for the 1992 slot in Disney's animated classics Canon?
12 Years a Slave or an adaptation of Blade (Assuming Disney owns Blade)

This week on The Big 40 Countdown (on Sirius XM's 80s on 8 channel), I learned that, before Simple Minds agreed to do it (mostly due to Chrissie Hynde prodding Jim Kerr), "Don't You (Forget About Me)" was offered to Billy Idol and The Fixx. In either case, the possibilities, as P.R. Honeycomb said, are fructifying.

This week on The Big 40 Countdown (on Sirius XM's 80s on 8 channel), I learned that, before Simple Minds agreed to do it (mostly due to Chrissie Hynde prodding Jim Kerr), "Don't You (Forget About Me)" was offered to Billy Idol and The Fixx. In either case, the possibilities, as P.R. Honeycomb said, are fructifying.

I would actually like to hear a Billy Idol version, presuming it'd be more like Eyes Without A Face.

What was the plot of The Thief and the Cobbler supposed to be? All I've been able to google were synopses from the versions that were chopped up without Richard Williams' input.

Tonight on BBC Radio 2- Paul Martin's Beatles

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08rfqk3

An alternative view of Beatle history
Paul Merton's BeatlesEpisode 1 of 4
The year is 1974. Labour's Harold Wilson is Britain's Prime Minister, and Richard Nixon is in the White House. Abba win Eurovision, Germany win the World Cup and a new writer called Stephen King publishes his first novel.

After 5 years of tension, ill feeling and fraught negotiation the four Beatles have buried their individual hatchets and are moving tentatively towards a full scale reunion, hopefully culminating in their first new album since 1969.

As a warm up for the recording sessions, the Beatles - and some of their famous friends - have come together once more for a surprise concert, their first time live on stage since 1966 when they gave up live appearances after a show at Candlestick Park in San Francisco.
Join Paul Merton on the commentator's microphone as the Fab Four take to the boards once more....

Well, kind of. Well, all right, not at all. Not really.

Like all of us, Paul Merton is a huge Beatles fan and like all Beatle fans his mind often turns to the "What if's..." of their career.

What if they'd never broken up? What if they were still playing live? What if they made another album?

This four part series is Paul's attempt to answer those questions, and to put forward a fantastical version of Beatle history.

Based on the known facts, and using the recordings available, he imagines the concert that the Beatles could have given, and follows it up with the album that they could have made.

The result is a fascinating look into an alternative reality, but also a clear eyed examination of the strengths and of the forces that drove - and drove apart - the greatest band of all time.

It never happened, but it could have. Couldn't it?