Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

Still looking for ideas for a TL rewriting the history of Disney. The biggest problem for me is when to begin.

Is there any plausibe way the animators' strike in 1941 could have been prevented by restructuring the pay scale more equally and reinstating the bonuses from the pre-Snow White days?

Or, should I start with the strike still taking place and instead have the POD be getting the Gremlins movie made no later than 1945?

Just got started earlier today on my newest timeline: American Magic: A Different History of Disney.

Updated my signature with a link to the TL.

I think that it would have been neat if a movie had been made for The Katurran Odyssey, a children's book published in 2004. It styles itself off epics like Dinotopia and Redwall, with complex lands and themes throughout the journey; I especially appreciate the detail that was put into making the different animal species realistic. And the imagery is just stunning. It would have made an incredible animated film in the right hands, though I'm not sure exactly who. Ghibli, perhaps?

On a related note, it would be nice if the Dinotopia miniseries had actually been done right. I loved the original books, and I hated how the tv producers tried to make Dinotopia edgy. I think it would work really well as a slice-of-life story, sort of along the same lines as Aria or Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. Would be interesting to see if, in another world, the new renditions did proper tribute to the series.

Star Spangled Girl (1972), an adaptation of a lesser Neil Simon play, directed by Robert Altman. Starring Shelley Duvall, Keith Carradine, and Bud Cort. Soundtrack by Harry Chapin. More over at It Girls, Boys Next Door, Scream Queens, and Dorothy.

Did this ever get its own thread?

Hell, I wouldn't mind a Bill Clinton talk show now.
No, I don't think it did.

In order for The Clinton Show to work out, you'd have to vastly improve his health around that time. He had a fairly severe heart problem.

No, I don't think it did.

In order for The Clinton Show to work out, you'd have to vastly improve his health around that time. He had a fairly severe heart problem.
I'll leave that to you fellas to figure out. I was just googling what the Roots were doing at the time because I had a wonderful mental image of Bill playing the sax with them.

Going by the actual article though, it seemed there were two barriers:

1. Money - reading between the lines it sounds like CBS offered $30mil/year and Clinton wanted $50mil/year.
2. Timing - A daily show is a big commitment. Not sure if there's precedent but what if Bill did less amount of shows per week. Anything from Monday, Wednesday, Friday down to just Friday.