Pop Culture Oneshot Scenarios

The summary got a bit too detail heavy for my liking, but the payoff makes up for it in my opinion.

---

The Simpsons - Season 12, Episode 7: The Great Money Caper: When a sturgeon crushes the hood of the Simpsons' car (after falling from a cargo plane), Homer and Bart (after a failed attempt at gaining funds via a magic show) turn to grifting to get the money, but continue despite the car getting fixed. With help from Grandpa, they attempt to grift the Springfield retirement home, resulting in Homer and Bart getting arrested by an FBI agent (Edward Norton), who turns out to actually be a conman who promptly steals their car. However, it is eventually revealed (after a series of mishaps involving Groundskeeper Willie being blamed for the car theft and going to trial) that the entire town was actually getting Homer and Bart back for constantly grifting them. When Homer and Bart express confusion over why the entire town would go to such extremes, Lionel Hutz (acting as Homer's lawyer for the "trial") comes forth, admitting he convinced the entire town to do so (the "FBI" conman was one of Hutz' clients) because Homer and Bart's scams were "reminding [him] a bit too much of [his] college days, let alone [his] second strike". But then, as he leaves the courtroom, Lionel Hutz' real motivations are revealed: the pilot of the cargo plane (The Door's Robby Krieger), not wanting to lose his job for losing the sturgeon, paid Hutz to distract the town until he retrieved it.

This episode is notable for having its ending changed at the last moment. Originally, there was no reason for why the town chose to teach Homer and Bart a lesson about grifting; it ended with the town going surfing after Otto prevented an attempt to answer by declaring "Surf's up!". It was only during the table read, when Phil Hartman voiced his confusion about the bit with the sturgeon not having any payoff ("If that fish fell off of the plane, why did no one retrieve it?"), when it was decided to rework the ending.

Last edited:
Invader Zim: The flagship of Nickelodeon's more mature generation of cartoons. The brainchild of fringe comic book writer Jhonen Vasquez, this series tells the story of Zim, a megalomaniacal yet incompetent Invader from the Irken Empire sent to take over Earth as a means of getting him out of the way of his people's conquest of the rest of the galaxy. Zim is opposed by Dib Membrane, a young paranormal investigator who is the only one aware of Zim's true nature, and occasionally Dib's sister Gaz, who apathetically only gets involved whenever she has nothing better to do.

The series almost aired as part of Nickelodeon's Nicktoons block, only for everyone to realize that its blend of action and black comedy made it too much for the children who usually watched the network. As such, it was moved to air later at night, and was marketed for teenagers and young adults instead. This paid off, and ratings soared, enabling a five season run that culminated in the critically acclaimed two hour special event finale, Final Doom. While many criticized the series for its violence and occasional gore, most loved the daring nature of the show, as well as its animation style and dark sense of humor. Also highlighted by fans was the shift, starting in Season 2 and finalized in Season 3, from an episodic nature to more serialized story lines, and the added drama that came with it.

The series also spawned a spinoff focused on Zim's on-and-off sidekick Invader Skoodge (which was cancelled after a mere two seasons), as well as numerous other more mature late night cartoons, including an adaptation of Vasquez's comic book series Johnny the Homicidal Maniac (the show dropping the word "homicidal" to get by the censors).

Since its conclusion, Invader Zim has lived on in numerous video game and comic book adaptations.

An idea came to mind.

Wht if Team America were made during the 1980s, but set in the 1950s, and replaced Terrorists with Commies? Stalin could be the Villain maybe.

Last edited:
Here's a oneshot scenario (more like a WI): the character of Dil Pickles, Tommy's little brother, was going to be voiced by...wait for it...Madonna. Yes, that Madonna. But when Tara Strong did that audition, her impression of a baby crying was so dead-on that it caused a woman in the room who'd recently had a baby to begin lactating. Obviously, Strong got the part (and, by all accounts, did well as Dil; even those who didn't like the character liked her voice acting).

So, WI Strong didn't voice Dil and Madonna did so, as originally planned?

Two Ideas: both Iron Sky ideas.

Iron Sky: A Star Wars Story.

The New Republic discovers a new planet during their search for Luke Skywalker, initially the planet seems promising enough, until the group is attacked by what appears to be a heavily modified Battle Droid. The one survivor is brought back to the Droid's Base. It turns out that the CIS had built a Droid Factory on this world, but after all Droid Armies were shut down, many Separatists thought it was a trick and retreated to this planet in secret, where the factory was transformed into a Base. Upon finding out that the New Republic is weak, they make plans to take over

Rust Sky

The Year is 2053 and the first man on Mars has landed. Henry Lincoln, an American of Bolivian Descent, and his pilot touch down on Mars and discover that the planet is inhabited...By Commies! Henry is Captured and taken to the Underground Base of the Martian SFSR, known as the Red Star (with an Entrance Hangar shaped like a Hanger and Sickle). The Martian Soviets are more Stalinist and have a Raygun Gothic look to their tech. The Soviets got to Mars in secret in 1991. A Team of Russian Scientists were given the job of creating Super Weapons to win WW3 in the case it happened. Started by Stalin in 1951, the Group was poorly funded until the 1980s, when the group began to build Advanced Rockets. However, One night, the head scientist received a Phone Call from the Kremlin, stating that the USSR is no more. However, the Group did not want to surrender their research to the new Government, and instead used their rockets to take their research and designs to Planet Mars, where they hid for decades, planning for their return.

The Soviets try to interrogate him into revealing information about his "Invasion Plans" even though Henry is only a Pop Singer who has no knowledge of whats going on, but he does reveal information about his ship's power source: a Mini Power Cell, which is far more powerful than the Nuclear Reactors powering the Base. So the Soviets decide to try using the Power cell to power their secret weapon: The Stalingrad, a Ship that is so powerful that none of the Soviet's Nuclear Reactors can power it. The General Secretary decides to send General Guba (played by Oleg Vasilkov) to Earth to find more Powercells. In order to get to the President of America, the Soviets decide to use their Brainwashing Machine to make him take them to the White House. However, Guba's Fiancee, Polina Pavlova, tinkers with the machine, making him appear to be brainwashed into being a Commie, when he really still has free will.

Upon Reaching Earth, the group lands in LA (with Pavlova sneaking aboard to see the Earth). Meanwhile, America has changed. America is more Cyberpunk, with a leader who looks like Micheal Bloomberg. While Guba gets in the President's Good Graces and helps him get re-elected, Pavlova tries to teach Lincoln how great Communism is by having him read Animal Farm (mandatory reading on Mars). However, the Martian edition is heavily modified (all parts where Napoleon goes totalitarian have been removed), resulting in Pavlova being offended by this mocking of Communism, until she encounters some Modern American Communists, and she discovers that Earth Communism is far different from Mars Communism. It is also revealed that the Martian Soviets want to invade the Earth and start the "World Revolution."

Thats all I have for now.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
An idea for Post Apocalyptic Superman
er World war 3 struck, Kal el lands in Smallville on what used to be st.louis missouri. when Kal El grows up, he takes identity of Clark kent, and wanders into Metropolis, in search of clean water. when they are invaded by a biker gang, Clark Kent defeats the biker gang, and becomes superman, which is a title for leader of the Metropolis. they fight various villains, which includes Lex Luthor, a dictator of a newly formed Empire of Lex, who wants to conquer the village, as it has few source of clean water, and General Zod, an terrorist cult leader, who wants to establish a new order ruled by his iron fist.

Another brief Idea: What if Nazi Zombies was set in the Modern Warfare Universe? It would star an American Soldier, an SAS Agent, an Arab Officer, and a Russian Scientist, maybe?

Man in the high castle set with loss of war on terror look like?
World Divided Between Communism/Juche and Radical Islam? I had a Similar Idea to be honest. It was a Modern Day Version of "The Only Thing To Fear" (which is actually kind of similar to Man In The High Castle, because it has America divided between Germany and Japan, But Russia is still free.)

Maybe it would be similar to my scenario (I will post a link if your interested) With North Korea controlling the West Coast, but who would control the East Coast? I'd say either Saddam's Babylonian Empire or Bin Laden's Caliphate. But then which country would take the role of Germany and Japan?

World Divided Between Communism/Juche and Radical Islam? I had a Similar Idea to be honest. It was a Modern Day Version of "The Only Thing To Fear" (which is actually kind of similar to Man In The High Castle, because it has America divided between Germany and Japan, But Russia is still free.)

Maybe it would be similar to my scenario (I will post a link if your interested) With North Korea controlling the West Coast, but who would control the East Coast? I'd say either Saddam's Babylonian Empire or Bin Laden's Caliphate. But then which country would take the role of Germany and Japan?
I really need a link..

Also, While I gave the Link, here is a Story set within the world (based on the story of "The Only Thing To Fear" rather than "Man in the High Castle," I'll think of the latter later).

Karen is a teenager who lives in the Free Korean Federation of West America, under the despotic rule of the Korean Empire, worshiping the Dear Leader Kim-Jun-Ran. Karen has a poor position in a Society now mostly dominated by Asians, Her Mother was American, but her father was a Soldier from the Caliphate. Her Mother worked at the Korean Base not far from where she lived (Roswell) as a cleaner, when she met a Soldier from the caliphate who was there as part of an exchange program, only to leave when he found out the Women he had secretly been going out with was Pregnant, and eventually being killed in the Caliphate's American Territories after being accused of Heresy.

However, Karen did get one thing from her Father: Mutant Powers. Her Grandfather had been one of the Caliphates Super Soldiers (his power was Mind Reading), but the genes skipped a generation and ended up giving her unique powers. However, she is forced to keep them a secret in the place she lives. In the Korean Empire, only Koreans Mutants are given rights, any Non-Korean mutants found are too be taken to labs and dissected, so they can create better Mutants. Recently, However, Karen has been trying to join the resistance and use her powers, even though her Uncle forbids it.

Thats all I got, more later