Pop-culture of the Kaiserreich

Deleted member 82792

GhostintheShelltrailer-920x584.png

1271997.jpg

4928.jpg

Scarlett Johansson starring as Major Kusanagi in the live action adaption of the popular Imperial Japanese manga Section 9. While many critics did question the wisdom of casting a Westerner for this role, her performance turned out to be one of the movies strong points, allowing it win several awards and smash box office expectations across the globe. Recently Johansson has been voted by the Japanese as the Most Beautiful Western Woman of 2017.

Deleted member 82792

Without the toxic influence of Joseph Goebbels and the Nazi Party, what films do you think would have been made in Germany? I know Weltkrieg era movies would be popular, but what about romance, comedy, adventure or noir?

PNWKing

Banned
Who’s Karl May?
Karl May was a German author who lived in the late 19th century. He wrote largely in the Western genre. He was known for his sympathetic portrayals of Native Americans at a time when such a thing was unheard of. Hilariously, Hitler saw the Sioux as a "fit race" from reading Karl May novels, because he had never heard of the Sioux Tribe in any other context.

Karl May was a German author who lived in the late 19th century. He wrote largely in the Western genre. He was known for his sympathetic portrayals of Native Americans at a time when such a thing was unheard of. Hilariously, Hitler saw the Sioux as a "fit race" from reading Karl May novels, because he had never heard of the Sioux Tribe in any other context.
I know they were historical monsters but it will never be not funny to me that Hitler and Stalin both loved Westerns.

Deleted member 82792

Meaning of Life is more or less the same, a series of unrelated shorts situated around a theme. Life of Brian... they probably make something else, maybe situated around a different story.

Or maybe Brian actually did all the things and Jesus was given the credit for it, but Brian gets the better of Jesus in the end by getting him Crucified, at which point he walks away singing "we'll meet again." Happily
I love the idea of Brian getting a happy ending, but the Monty Python crew didn't want to mess around with Jesus. They love poking fun at people, but they have limits.

Deleted member 82792

I know they were historical monsters but it will never be not funny to me that Hitler and Stalin both loved Westerns.
Would Hollywood Westerns play a role in Germany's entertainment industry?

Deleted member 82792

Any ideas of cultural zeitgeist like Friends taking root in a KRTL?

GhostintheShelltrailer-920x584.png

1271997.jpg

4928.jpg

Scarlett Johansson starring as Major Kusanagi in the live action adaption of the popular Imperial Japanese manga Section 9. While many critics did question the wisdom of casting a Westerner for this role, her performance turned out to be one of the movies strong points, allowing it win several awards and smash box office expectations across the globe. Recently Johansson has been voted by the Japanese as the Most Beautiful Western Woman of 2017.
KILLIAN IS LYING TO YOU

Deleted member 82792

Something like Blackadder Goes Forth could be popular in the UoB not only for showing the Royalist government/leadership in a rightly negative light that justifies the Revolution, but also shows the courage of ordinary British soldiers

DLd60DBW0AAcwCq.jpg

Theatrical poster for Saving Private Baldrick, released in 1990. It is considered by many to be the funniest war movie ever made.