Pop-culture of the Kaiserreich

Would Metropolis still exist in KR, or would Germany ban it for being Syndicalist propaganda?

Likely it could exist, but wouldn't gain traction in Reichspakt nations due to banned for Syndicalist propaganda. A similar movie could exist elsewhere, though.
I'm responding a bit late to this. But i think Metropolis wouldn't be censored IMO. The message isn't really revolutionary. The workers are actually in mortal danger, when they violently revolt under influence of 'fake' Maria* and saved by the mediation of someone of the higher echelons. I see no big problems with KR ideology here.

* the real Maria is a saint. So in a way, there's even an endorsement for traditional religion here. The name is no coincidence.

hansel-gretel-witch-hunters-2013-01.jpg

Poster of the popular 2013 Imperial German action movie Hansel & Gretel
What's even the point of this thread?

It's all become "what if X movie or TV show I like were German?" And this post specifically is like making a thread about a Britwank world and asking "What if Doctor Who were British?"

Deleted member 82792

I'm responding a bit late to this. But i think Metropolis wouldn't be censored IMO. The message isn't really revolutionary. The workers are actually in mortal danger, when they violently revolt under influence of 'fake' Maria* and saved by the mediation of someone of the higher echelons. I see no big problems with KR ideology here.

* the real Maria is a saint. So in a way, there's even an endorsement for traditional religion here. The name is no coincidence.
I agree.

Personally I think Kaiser Bill would commission something like this to serve as anti-syndicalism propaganda

Deleted member 82792

Sagittarius TV series (Part 1)
19469aaca7e93e1d16aaa501dabb358b.jpg

The titular starship Sagittarius from the popular Canadian science fiction TV series of the same name that aired for seven seasons (2000-2007).

Set thousands of years in the future, where humanity is a longstanding member of intergalactic civilization known as the Systems Ecumune, which unites hundreds of races across five galaxies. In the pilot episode, it's established that a gateway to a previously 'lost galaxy' of Seefra that's proven to be the place of origin of the Vedrans, the ancient founders of the Ecumune that vanished thousands years ago. The Sagittarius is one of many exploration starships sent to the Seefra galaxy to find clues about the Vedrans and contact new civilizations.

220px-NUmber3BSG.jpg

Australasian actress Lucy Lawless as Marion Hunt, the intrepid captain of the Sagittarius. Combing both maternal warmth and a tough-as-nails attitude, she is a formidable leader, which made her extremely popular with the sci-fi community.
1fe4c4b31c3297587a09e56404decd1a--sci-fi-tv-lexa-doig.jpg

Lexa Doig as First Officer Rommie, who serves under Captain Hunt with a combination of professionalism and deadpan snark.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 82792

Djeenie (2016-2020), a Pacific States television series.
Dove%2BCameron%2B-%2BGenie%2Bin%2Ba%2BBottle%2B%2528Official%2BVideo%2529%2B%255BVevo-1080p%255D.ts%2B%25280_01_37%2529%2B000039.bmp

The family friendly sitcom focuses on a 3000 year old teenage genie with purple hair (played by music superstar Dove Cameron), whose magic bottle washes on the shores of Malibu Beach. The titular character, Djeenie, is then adopted by a modern Pacifican family who try to help her live a normal life (like having her turn her hair blond to blend in), complete with all the hurdles and challenges that a 21st Century teenager faces, with her magic often comically causing more problems than fixing them.
1200x630bf.jpg

The show was a runaway hit in the Asia-Pacific Co-Prosperity Sphere, but also quickly gained a cult following in the Internationale, the Reichspakt and more neutral nations like Ireland, Australasia, Ethiopia and the Second Russian Republic. The series was also widely popular in the Ottoman Empire, the Republic of Egypt, the United Arabic Federation and Persia. Dove Cameron received many accolades for her performance as the magical teenager as well as her song that was used in the opening credits "Genie in a Bottle".

chankljp

Donor
Would Metropolis still exist in KR, or would Germany ban it for being Syndicalist propaganda?
In the DH version of the KR mod, There is actually a flavoring event about an ATL version of the film Metropolis, with the plot being changed so that it was instead about a future utopia city getting attacked by the savages from the outside world (Clearly a stand-in for the Internationale). I will try to find the event text from the in-game files and share them here when I can.

What do you think the other Monty Python movies would be like?
Meaning of Life is more or less the same, a series of unrelated shorts situated around a theme. Life of Brian... they probably make something else, maybe situated around a different story.

Or maybe Brian actually did all the things and Jesus was given the credit for it, but Brian gets the better of Jesus in the end by getting him Crucified, at which point he walks away singing "we'll meet again." Happily

Last edited:
What are the other characters like?
Generally well meaning but stupid, and perhaps a little arrogant. Sir Lancelot, Arthur, and Galahad all want to do good but are so stupid they are at best useless and at worst actually make things worse for the peasants they claim to defend.

Maybe we have a token intelligent Merlin the Magician or Sir Bedevere who begs two class aware peasants to come along on their quest so he has someone to talk to/ someone who can get them out of mortal peril.

Last edited:

Deleted member 82792

Generally well meaning but stupid, and perhaps a little arrogant. Sir Lancelot, Arthur, and Galahad all want to do good but are so stupid they are at best useless and at worst actually make things worse for the peasants they claim to defend.

Maybe we have a token intelligent Merlin the Magician or Sir Bedevere who begs two class aware peasants to come along on their quest so he has someone to talk to/ someone who can get them out of mortal peril.
Sound like good ideas.

While we're on the subject, how would the UoB view the myth of King Arthur in general?

Deleted member 82792

1f3b79af340fba3726980175647435b66f087a89

A screenshot from the final season of the widely popular HBO alternate history series, Fuherreich: Legacy of the Great War.

Set in a world where Germany lost the First Weltkrieg, the series focus on a Germany where after years of humiliation and economic hardship, is eventually usurped by a cruel and power-mad dictator, who's actions lead to a global conflict that kills millions of innocent people before he commits suicide to avoid being captured by his victorious enemies. While the series has been praised for the depiction of a realistic National Populist Germany, critics are divided about how other events in the show's timeline have been portrayed, such as France and Britain never falling to Syndicalist revolution, the Bolshevik's wining the Russian Civil War. The biggest change in the series was that America never had a Second Civil War and becomes a major world power.

Last edited by a moderator: