Pop-culture of the Kaiserreich

hansel-gretel-witch-hunters-2013-01.jpg

Poster of the popular 2013 Imperial German action movie Hansel & Gretel
Is it basically the same as OTLs version and just played better for a crosstime audience or basically unrecognizable?

Deleted member 82792

f1682bd315404afa9f16ddaab3bbdef7

Australasian actress Jessica Green starring in the popular fantasy TV series "The Settlement" as the half-elf heroine Talon Blackblood. Filmed in New Zealand, the series focuses on an colonial outpost inhabited by humans, elves, dwarves, orcs and other races who were fleeing persecution from the Crimson Empire (a stand it for both the German Empire and Totalist Britain). But when the Empire set their eyes on this small outpost, Talon must rally her fellow settlers and the native "Greyskin" tribes to fight for their home and freedom.

chankljp

Donor
An idea that I suddenly came up with when listening to a Warhammer Fantasy lore video on YouTube...

You know how in Warhammer Fantasy's backstory, the Dark Elves were exiled from Ulthuan, with vengeance against their kin and dream of reclaiming their birthright as rulers of their homeland being a key motivation in their society?

I can totally see a high fantasy story written within UoB taking this idea and running with it, with the slaving, raiding, decadent Dark Elves being used as a thinly-veil jab at Royalist Canada and the Entente at large. While the High Elves would be reimagined as having their snobbish, aristocratic attitudes replaced with some stereotypically positive working class attributes more commonly associated with the Drawfs in canon Warhammer (Heck, the Drawfs and their guilds are already basically syndicatist cooperatives at this point).

Or perhaps the Tomb Kings could be reimagined as being a jab at Nationalist France. Being literally a bunch of undead walking corpses of past nobles living in a desert, who still delusionally thinks the world belongs to their long dead empire, while the rest of the world had moved on.

And oh! From a syndie perspective, the Vampire Counts would literally be the personification of the worst aspects of both aristocracy and capitalism.

I could see the Lizardmen being much more villainous then in cannon maybe being a jab at the Germans in their dogmatic clinging to something long gone and always following routine and orders unflinchingly. I see a lot of their problematic elements being really emphasized instead of their eternal resistance to Chaos like the Saurus being portrayed as mindless beasts instead of the kind of noble savages they are in cannon.

Deleted member 82792

An idea that I suddenly came up with when listening to a Warhammer Fantasy lore video on YouTube...

You know how in Warhammer Fantasy's backstory, the Dark Elves were exiled from Ulthuan, with vengeance against their kin and dream of reclaiming their birthright as rulers of their homeland being a key motivation in their society?

I can totally see a high fantasy story written within UoB taking this idea and running with it, with the slaving, raiding, decadent Dark Elves being used as a thinly-veil jab at Royalist Canada and the Entente at large. While the High Elves would be reimagined as having their snobbish, aristocratic attitudes replaced with some stereotypically positive working class attributes more commonly associated with the Drawfs in canon Warhammer (Heck, the Drawfs and their guilds are already basically syndicatist cooperatives at this point).

Or perhaps the Tomb Kings could be reimagined as being a jab at Nationalist France. Being literally a bunch of undead walking corpses of past nobles living in a desert, who still delusionally thinks the world belongs to their long dead empire, while the rest of the world had moved on.

And oh! From a syndie perspective, the Vampire Counts would literally be the personification of the worst aspects of both aristocracy and capitalism.

I could see the Lizardmen being much more villainous then in cannon maybe being a jab at the Germans in their dogmatic clinging to something long gone and always following routine and orders unflinchingly. I see a lot of their problematic elements being really emphasized instead of their eternal resistance to Chaos like the Saurus being portrayed as mindless beasts instead of the kind of noble savages they are in cannon.
I'd love to see what Warhammer would look like in a KRTL.

chankljp

Donor
I'd love to see what Warhammer would look like in a KRTL.
Continuing from my post above: If the Warhammer series was instead come up with by the British exiles living in Canada, I can see the Forces of Chaos being used as a metaphor for syndicalism. With its corrupting influence worming its way into every aspect of society, twisting genuine grievances and good intentions into something evil, turning people against their own kind and burning society into the ground for their delusional visions, etc.

And if its the Germans were the ones to come up with the setting, the Skavens would totally be a metaphor for the CoF aligned underground trade unions.

Continuing from my post above: If the Warhammer series was instead come up with by the British exiles living in Canada, I can see the Forces of Chaos being used as a metaphor for syndicalism. With its corrupting influence worming its way into every aspect of society, twisting genuine grievances and good intentions into something evil, turning people against their own kind and burning society into the ground for their delusional visions, etc.

And if its the Germans were the ones to come up with the setting, the Skavens would totally be a metaphor for the CoF aligned underground trade unions.
Maybe Chaos, instead of taking people's vices and turning them up to eleven, it instead takes a person and grinds them down until they serve nothing but the Collective that is Chaos, with each God, rather than representing emotions, just represent specific tasks or fields of expertise, and any deviation from your predestined path being punished by becoming Chaos Spawn (in this version likely featureless, vaguely-humanoid humonculi, rather than a mess of braying flesh), just like how Syndicalism punishes wrongthink.

Less "Demonic Barbarian Gods" and more "Tau Empire meets Necrons", without any of the redeeming qualities.

Maybe Necromancers are Chaos-aligned here, rather than their own thing, using hordes of faceless, reanimated Corpses, just like Syndicalism claims to move the masses, and how Syndicalism has no respect for the past or the dead, using them as they see fit.

Vampires would probably a proper "Race" in this version (though likely also counting Dwarfs and Elves among them, rather than just being Humans), using armies of Lesser Vampires that have some resemblance with Bretonnian or Imperial Forces, with more Bat-themed monsters and Strigoi Shocktroops, as well as maybe some Werewolves, Mr Hyde-esque Mutants, and other Gothic Horror monsters. Maybe with some british Cryptids and Urban Legends, like Spring-Heeled Jack and Jack the Ripper.

Tomb Kings can just stay largely the same, just make Nagash the first Vampire, and the rest of Nehekhara into Sand Golems, animated statues (Ala Ushabti, just for all of them and Human-sized) or Sand-filled suits of Armor, Broken Lords or Thousand Sons-style, to separate them from the Chaos Necromancers.

Last edited:
Any idea what would happen to Harry Potter in KRTL with a Cold War between Entente and Reichspak?
An interesting thing is that most likely JK Rowling would never have been born since her grandmother was English and her grandfather was a French soldier who fought in the First World War so it would probably be written by another author, if it would be written, but I prefer to imagine that the series was written by someone else

Any idea what would happen to Harry Potter in KRTL with a Cold War between Entente and Reichspak?
An interesting thing is that most likely JK Rowling would never have been born since her grandmother was English and her grandfather was a French soldier who fought in the First World War so it would probably be written by another author, if it would be written, but I prefer to imagine that the series was written by someone else

Then the franchise is completely butterflied away.