Pop-culture of the Kaiserreich

So for the rest of the world, Santa Claus looks like this? This is how he's depicted in the Netherlands, France, Luxembourg, Germany and Belgium.

Actually he called Sant Nikolaus in Germany or "de Sint Nicolaas" Netherlands speaking parts
he mostly accompanied by his helpers the "Zwarte Piet" or "Knecht Ruprecht"
looking like that in Belgium (since Netherlands considering black-faceing as social no go)
303px-Two_Zwarte_Piet.jpg

How Ever in south Germany to ward Austria there is another Helper for Sant Nikolaus
straight from Hell: DER KRAMPUS
708px-Hl._Nikolaus_in_Begleitung_des_Krampus_und_Engeln.jpg

Actually he called Sant Nikolaus in Germany or "de Sint Nicolaas" Netherlands speaking parts
he mostly accompanied by his helpers the "Zwarte Piet" or "Knecht Ruprecht"
looking like that in Belgium (since Netherlands considering black-faceing as social no go)
303px-Two_Zwarte_Piet.jpg

How Ever in south Germany to ward Austria there is another Helper for Sant Nikolaus
straight from Hell: DER KRAMPUS
708px-Hl._Nikolaus_in_Begleitung_des_Krampus_und_Engeln.jpg

I am very familiar with Zwarte Piete and Krampus. I don't see Krampus being a popular part of TTL's Christmas. (Who in their right mind thought Santa needed a demonic sidekick? Whatever happened to slipping your kid some coal?)

I see Zwarte Piete being somewhat controversial in the United States, given... well... you know.

b322ed38820743e0e2974933b1840608423790c5.jpg

Krampus (2015): Heartwarming german Chrismas-movie,which shows how St. Nikolaus demon-helper saves Chrismas by torturing and killing naughty kids.

Well, since this is a pop culture thread, imagine a teeanger action movie with the protagonists saying in one scene "Let's reich and roll!"

All depends on who is the winner of that conflict.
fair enough.

In case of a MacArthur victory how would protesting the army and flag burning be viewed? Would the purpose of the military and its image change to be more like in Pakistan and Turkey where they view themselves as the guardians so see couping as more legitimate.

It would most likely be a Canadian show, because of William Shatner. What do you guys think?
Shatner didn't create the show though, Gene Roddenberry did. Seeing as Roddenberry grew up in LA, I imagine that the Pacific States view of the war heavily influence the future Trek universe. Assuming the PSA survives, the Federation is probably a successor state to a previous space democracy that fell to tyranny. The Klingons would no longer be stand-ins for the russians, but for Macarthur and Long.

Deleted member 82792

I'm almost afraid to ask but do you think Cats could exist in a KRTL?

Deleted member 107125

Speaking of which, here are some famous authors and where they’d be in KR. I excluded Orwell, Hemingway, and Ezra Pound as their fates are explicitly stated.
Erich Maria Remarque would probably continue as he did OTL, only his works would probably describe the states of Weltkrieg veterans rather than the general situation in Germany. He would probably write more seeing that the Nazis never take power ITTL.
When the British Revolution occurred, P.G Wodehouse was in the US. He’d probably live there and maybe move to New England once the war begins.
Agatha Christie as well would move to Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 82792

Speaking of which, here are some famous authors and where they’d be in KR. I excluded Orwell, Hemingway, and Ezra Pound as their fates are explicitly stated.
Erich Maria Remarque would probably continue as he did OTL, only his works would probably describe the states of Weltkrieg veterans rather than the general situation in Germany. He would probably write more seeing that the Nazis never take power ITTL.
When the British Revolution occurred, P.G Wodehouse was in the US. He’d probably live there and maybe move to New England once the war begins.
Agatha Christie as well would move to Canada.
What would their stories be like in KR?