Pop-culture in TL-191

• Thread starter Deleted member 82792
  • Start date
images.jpg

Thoughts on a TL-191 version of this?

View attachment 834135
Thoughts on a TL-191 version of this?
Instead of the hapless main character who's trying to live up to his Clone father being Abraham Lincoln its Ted, a Clone of Teddy Roosevelt. However he's attempting to live up to his Macho stature as well as his achievements as an accomplished statesman.

As such he acts like more of a belligerent jerk who doesnt need anyone for anything rather than simply being thoughtless. The Clone of Joshua Blackford (as suggested above) is less of a Jerk and the joke is "why does Ted hate J. B. so much?"

Last edited:
Nothing Bad Ever Happened to the Hamburgers!”
*Blackfords

Instead of the hapless main character who's trying to live up to his Clone father being Abraham Lincoln its Ted, a Clone of Teddy Roosevelt. However he's attempting to live up to his Macho stature as well as his achievements as an accomplished statesman.

As such he acts like more of a belligerent jerk who doesnt need anyone for anything rather than simply being thoughtless. The Clone of Joshua Hamburger (as suggested above) is less of a Jerk and the joke is "why does Ted hate J. H. so much?"
Does the clone of TR have a love triangle with Joan of Arc and Cleopatra? Joshua Blackford having a rivalry with TR sounds fun to watch.

Deleted member 177304

If I may get a little meta, how would alternate history develop in TL-191?

If I may get a little meta, how would alternate history develop in TL-191?
I remember there was a line in the interwar books that mentioned that alternate history was called "Worlds of If." These works were about what if the US won the War of Succession and the Second Mexican War, what if the US lost the Great War, and what if the Red revolt in the CSA and Russia had succeeded. I imagine that the gateway drugs into tl-191 alt-history would be what if the US won the War of Succession and what if the CSA won the Second Great War.

Who would fill in Gandhi's shoes in TL-191 Clone High?
That's a little difficult. It entirely depends on your headcanon. Given that by the 1940s the British Empire was already struggling it is entirely possible that Ghandi is little known outside India if at all.

For some reason due to The Japanese Empire being a longer run thing I'm thinking a Clone of Sun Yat-Sen with some of Abes traits. So Sunny is less of a hyperactive Party Animal, those traits go to the Joshua Blackford clone who fills In for JFK, a shy neurotic mess who feels like he's failing to live up to his predecessor.

Last edited:
*Blackfords
Hamburgers closer verb's to the Kennedy and then with blackford, so I say that one instead
Does the clone of TR have a love triangle with Joan of Arc and Cleopatra? Joshua Blackford having a rivalry with TR sounds fun to watch.
That's a little difficult. It entirely depends on your headcanon. Given that by the 1940s the British Empire was already struggling it is entirely possible that Ghandi is little known outside India if at all.

For some reason due to The Japanese Empire being a longer run thing I'm thinking a Clone of Sun Yat-Sen with some of Abes traits. So Sunny is less of a hyperactive Party Animal, those traits go to the Joshua Blackford clone who fills In for JFK, a shy neurotic mess who feels like he's failing to live up to his predecessor.
Probably still there but most importantly he will be replaced Gandhi because that man is hilarious, my bet is on Joseph Smith

Hamburgers closer verb's to the Kennedy and then with blackford, so I say that one instead
Fair enough.

Probably still there but most importantly he will be replaced Gandhi because that man is hilarious, my bet is on Joseph Smith
So would Joseph Smith's portrayal in TL-191 Clone High get it canceled (assuming a similar controversy that caused Clone High to get canceled still happens in TL-191)?
Reference:

.So would Joseph Smith's portrayal in TL-191 Clone High get it canceled (assuming a similar controversy that caused Clone High to get canceled still happens in TL-191)?
Reference:
IMG_0761.jpeg

To be honest, I don’t think Joseph portrayed would lead this Clone High to be canceled.

First of all, the whole portrayal of Joseph in US pop culture will be completely different because of the multiple wars between the United States and the Mormon faith; this means that the prophet of Mormonism will be vilify even more than modern criticism of Joseph Smith today. Even if they become one lenient to become a just a religious figure, I still will see some stereotype of Joseph Smith becoming more crazy not and a sex addict in parties specially, in the crazy times of the 2000s.

Secondly, the Mormons don’t have any power compared to the OG timeline who are integrated into United States in the late 1800s instead of the multiple rebellions against the federal government of Washington in the Mormon landscape of Utah. Even if they did integrate back to United States, like your headcanon where are you allow mass migration of Mormons into Utah; I don’t think they have the power to banned the whole show but just removing the character of the prophet being mocked. Mine headcanon where are the US agreed with the two countries of Australia and New Zealand of taking care of the Mormons, will likely ban the show entirely because of the amount of influence they have in their.

Overall I think Joseph Smith in clone high will be less controversial because of less power of the Mormons, and even if they do force the show to do something, they will likely just remove him

7e32f0e48f839641de72ec2edcc4a642.jpg

Scene in the movie: Rise and Fall (1952), a movie about Hosea Blackford's political career, of Hosea and Flora Blackford drinking whiskey in a Los Angeles hotel shortly before the city was air-raided by the Japanese. While Rise and Fall was a critical darling, one common criticism of the movie was showing Hosea Blackford being younger than he was.
This scene was based on a controversy for Blackford's 1932 campaign. A story from the LA Times had used the photo of Flora and Hosea Blackford drinking whiskey in a hotel in Los Angeles before the air raid. This caused much anger among the populace, especially considering it was the height of the Great Depression. Some credit it, along with the air raid over LA, as why California voted for Coolidge in the November election.

Based on this:

The best-known stanza consists of the following quatrain in the Second Great War song: Featherston Has Only Got One Ball.

Featherston [Jake Featherston] has only got one ball,
Koenig [Ferdinand Koenig] has two, but very small,
Forrest [Nathan Bedford Forrest III] has something similar.
But poor old Goldman [Saul Goldman] has no balls at all.

Thoughts on a TL-191 version of these guys? Considering that the Rebels and Empire switch roles in TL-191.

Last edited:
Thoughts on a TL-191 version of these guys? Considering that the Rebels and Empire switch roles in TL-191.
One word: Entire Species of Rogue “”Japanese”” Samurai