Pop-culture in TL-191

• Thread starter Deleted member 82792
  • Start date
One thought I've had for the Post SGW era was the US flooding Canada and the former CSA with "Homestead Carpetbaggers." With most of them actually being from Eastern Europe and Asia who either took up the opportunity or were part of some deal between the US and their parent nations. Mixed with awarding land grants to US military vets and their families...

While Germany wanting to hold onto their overseas colonies and stabilize the Balkans. Decided to deport many ethno-national groups from Eastern-Central Europe to Africa and further abroad with them becoming grudgingly loyal to Germany out of protection.
I could definitely see that happened in the Postwar United America especially with Midwestern cites, towns and countryside got destroyed by the Two Great Wars. The Midwestern would be an chance of Mass exodus to migrated other States like Pacific and former Canadian provinces specifically Ontario to be settled on Mass.

Their highly chance Immigrated will came from Central and Eastern Europe country ( I bet that most will come from Austria Hungary) will make to Traveling to the US specifically in Midwest where Most Euro influence the most will have in the States, so there will be More Czech, Polish, Hungarian and Serbs community on the cities of Midwest.
Asia will not have More immigration to USA because of Most of them will be control by the Japanese from Tokyo meaning that they will highly be only served to Japanese immigrated and No immigrant to USA

I could definitely see that happened in the Postwar United America especially with Midwestern cites, towns and countryside got destroyed by the Two Great Wars. The Midwestern would be an chance of Mass exodus to migrated other States like Pacific and former Canadian provinces specifically Ontario to be settled on Mass.

Their highly chance Immigrated will came from Central and Eastern Europe country ( I bet that most will come from Austria Hungary) will make to Traveling to the US specifically in Midwest where Most Euro influence the most will have in the States, so there will be More Czech, Polish, Hungarian and Serbs community on the cities of Midwest.
Asia will not have More immigration to USA because of Most of them will be control by the Japanese from Tokyo meaning that they will highly be only served to Japanese immigrated and No immigrant to USA
I think we would see Asian migration, especially from Vietnam and Indonesia as those two would bore little love for the japanese , the same china

Has anyone discussed anything akin to the British Invasion from OTL (Cultural, not military) occuring in TL 191? Maybe a German invasion in the US, or even just a British Invasion as in OTL?
No I don’t think we did, Marklin.
Yeah of course, Germany and U.S were historically Allies since 1882 and German immigrated from the Fatherland will be proud to be both American and German enough to listen both music.

German invasion in the US will highly happen with the High German descent in the US as well as the German culture being more acceptance in TL191

Maybe instead of having saxophones in rock music from 1977-1983 we get Glockenspiels, Accordians, or other German influences?

Or Rammstein and Slipknot collaborations in the mid-2000s?

Maybe instead of having saxophones in rock music from 1977-1983 we get Glockenspiels, Accordians, or other German influences?

Or Rammstein and Slipknot collaborations in the mid-2000s?
Possibly. There's also the possibility of rock/organ crossovers (as an allusion to Bach).
After all, I've heard that the organ pieces of Bach were considered the "rock pieces" of their time (at least in terms of intensity, so it could work.

Possibly. There's also the possibility of rock/organ crossovers (as an allusion to Bach).
After all, I've heard that the organ pieces of Bach were considered the "rock pieces" of their time (at least in terms of intensity, so it could work.
If the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra and Metallica can make an album together, almost any combination is possible.

What might Spy x Family will look like during this timeline, considering the Cold War might be different in this timeline.
Spy x Family will be Completely different than OTL show, I didn’t watch the Show so this is my Best Guessed, no spoiler please.
This will not set on Germany 🇩🇪 or analog of it, Germany is the Powerhouse of Europe after SGW who control Eastern, Western and Northern Europe with puppets regime or with German interested in mind. The Kaiser government who control Colonies across Africa and Africa that will be German influence into the World staged meaning Germany will basically replace Britain 🇬🇧 In TL191.

Honestly, I don’t think that US and Germany will ever be Enemy like with Soviet and USA did in OTL as they were Allies for over 62 Years by the time when the “Cold War” started. More like US and Brits relationship in OTL as they will cooperate, United from the West and “Defending” Africa, America and Oceania from the Japanese empire.

Honestly I think that if they was Spy x Family will be made about containing Japan 🇯🇵 Imperialism influence from Africa and to Europe like Having Japanese spy from the Notorious Kempeitai be antagonist in TL-191 Spy x Family

But if it you still want a Spies want to taken down Extremist or Terrorist group then look no further than Postwar occupied Confederacy to give you that, South will have Dozens of Southern Rebs want their Nation back as well as Japanese intelligence will give them Bombs and Weapons to give them during the many rebellions in the South.

Deleted member 82792

Any ideas what Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones would be like ITTL?

Tolkien was not a friend of Fascism in OTL and would probably end up on Mosleys shitlist if he didn't manage to get out of dodge in time.
He can always run to... South Africa or Australia if he found himself as an opponent of the government. that's if he survives WW1 but he could, some people are that resilient.

I'm kind of afraid to know what the Korean Culture would look like in TL-191.

What about Doctor Who? Would that show still be around? I mean, Sydney Newman was Canadian, but still

Korean culture will be heavy reduced by Japanese force them to either integrated into Assimilation or be Massacre on the spot by the Kempeitai or IJA.

Even if Reformed Japan or liberation of the Korea, it will affected with Korean culture like with Ireland with British culture.
What about Doctor Who? Would that show still be around? I mean, Sydney Newman was Canadian, but still
Possibly never ever Existed because POD and many of actors & writers will be in different Media

Korean culture would no doubt be suppressed by Japan, and it might end up looking like the Tibet to Japan's China. However, I can see the potential for Overseas Koreans forming a distinct form of culture based around their struggle.

Korean culture would no doubt be suppressed by Japan, and it might end up looking like the Tibet to Japan's China. However, I can see the potential for Overseas Koreans forming a distinct form of culture based around their struggle.
That's my least favorite part about Southern Victory, Japanese Empire still around.

I personally believe that Doctor Who would exist, If Star Trek and Star Wars still somewhat exist, then so should Doctor Who, though who knows
I think some of the more iconic aliens like the Daleks would probably be different, seeing how Nazis or nazi-types probably wouldn't be a go-to villain in post-SGW Britain. Honestly, it's possible that that type of villain may not be all too common outside of the US.

I think some of the more iconic aliens like the Daleks would probably be different, seeing how Nazis or nazi-types probably wouldn't be a go-to villain in post-SGW Britain. Honestly, it's possible that that type of villain may not be all too common outside of the US.
That could be it.