Pop-culture in TL-191

• Thread starter Deleted member 82792
  • Start date
Probably not, Japan is Ultranationalist as fuck. So they would banned the Sport all together.
China on the Other hand may be popular for the Average Chinese would play to Pissed off the Japanese
idk, assuming a scenario where they open up akin to OTL China, I can see them potentially bringing it back, because Baseball was pretty popular in Japan before WW2 as well iirc.

Because I'm obsessed with playing Civilization VI

Roster of Civilizations in Sid Meir's Civilization VI
Civilization: Civ Leader
America: Theodore Roosevelt (Because he won the Great War against the CSA (and the Entente Powers))

Germany: Bismark (Architect of a united modern German state)

Britain: Arther Wellesly, the Duke of Wellington (Major military leader, later Prime Minister of the UK)

France: Louis XIV ("The Sun King," Louis XIV is arguably the second most well known French king after Louis XVI)

Francia: Charlemagne (Francia was added in this game as the Carolingian Empire controlled both modern France and Germany, making it a shared culture, and historiography of the old empire became very popular in the 1950s as France and Germany moved towards rapprochement after decades of animosity)

Rome: Caesar Augustus (First emperor of Rome)

Austria-Hungary: Franz Josef (Most well known and longest living leader of the Austro Hungarian Empire.
-Note: Unlike all other playable civs, AH is a fusion Civilization and relfects this by having cities from all across the empire available, but is only really a cosmetic difference from other civs. Some Hungarian independence favoring individuals have created mods for an independent Hungary civ).

Ottoman Empire: Suleiman the Magnificent (Expanded the Ottoman's to their greatest height of power)

Quebec: Louis-Hector de Callière (13th Governor of New France)

Aztec Empire: Montezuma II (Last Ruler of the Aztecs)

Brazil: Don Pedro II (Emperor of Brazil)

Russia: Catherine the Great (Ruler of Russia)

Greece: Alexander the Great

Kingdom of Poland: Jadwiga
-After all, Poland is one of Germany's puppets. Makes sense it would be included as a base civ as opposed to a DLC

Japan: Emperor Meji (Modernized Japan)

China: Qin Shi Huang (First Emperor of China)

Argentina: José de San Martín (Led Argentina to independence)

Egypt: Cleopatra (Last Pharaoh of Egypt)

Zulu: Shaka Zulu (Zulu leader who became a major power in the region)

India: Ghandi (One of the architect's of India's autonomy from London)
-As the British Empire emerged from the Second Great War, it saw that it was becoming untenable to hold onto its colonial holdings unless a change could be made. After Wilson's government fell in 1947, Labour PM Attlee negotiated with the Indian National Congress to grant India home rule and political reform in exchange for not agitating for total independence from the Empire. Attlee's Commonwealth Proposal is widely seen as having saved the empire from collapse)

Memes from the Internet in TL-191

IMG_3153.png
IMG_3138.png
IMG_3528.png
IMG_3578.png
IMG_3537.png
IMG_3150.jpg
IMG_3571.png
IMG_3707.png

Now I'm wondering what Sonic, Star Wars, Dune, and SpongeBob is like in TL-191.

I may actually do a write up for Dune as I had a few ideas.

Dune will still be a popular novel and the shooting of the (December) 1984 movie will probably be finished in September 1983. Given that is was filmed in Mexico the film could potentially be released later, though more likely it becomes fodder for althistory scenarios, especially if it bombs like OTL. All three main Star Wars movies are still releaased as Return of the Jedi was released in May 1983. Not sure about Sonic or SpongeBob.

Speaking of cartoons, do you think Mickey Mouse will still around to exist or butterfly affected and someone to take his place

Hey how question are y’all.

do you think Voodoos magic and Zombies will portray as that’s good guys and have a Good representation in TL191.

Think about it, the Destruction of the Population of the Southern blacks and the Haitian by the Grey demons aka the Freedom Party.

I think in a couple years, Haitian culture and by extension the zombies will have a Positive way

Last edited:
Oh I got a good one guys 😄
Remember that George Washington actually used by Blacks the most by naming them After Enabolition of Slavery.

Okay here's a scenario what will be names for Black people after the Second Great War.

What is their name will be Washington or will be Another name that will be more frequent to use by Black folks from the South?

Maybe even Lincoln because there's no fear of black owners punishing them because the Population Reduction so in living memory and don't want any discrimination of black people like with the Jews of Europe.

Any other guesses guys?

Some ideas regarding superbomb related media. Not sure how to say this other than laconically: French Barefoot Gen and Russian Godzilla.

Continuing from the previous post, I've been reading a bit in the After the End thread, and some of the talks have me wondering: What might Russian movies about the Second Great War be like? Or really any of the European Entente? What themes would be followed and so on?

Some ideas regarding superbomb related media. Not sure how to say this other than laconically: French Barefoot Gen and Russian Godzilla.
I think that the Apocalypse in TL191 will be way Worse than our own because they have Experience Four Capitals being Nuked out of existence.
So imagine Post-Apocalyptic being more grim and dark than ours

Don't forget about Zombie or Apocalypse in general that will probably be portrayed way worse in TL191

I think that the Apocalypse in TL191 will be way Worse than our own because they have Experience Four Capitals being Nuked out of existence.
So imagine Post-Apocalyptic being more grim and dark than ours

Don't forget about Zombie or Apocalypse in general that will probably be portrayed way worse in TL191
That does lead to the question of the Superbomb in pop-culture, seeing how the Atom Bomb had a massive impact in culture IOTL. Britain and France would probably have similar views toward it as Japan IOTL, but it would be interesting to see how allied nations would view it, seeing how Germany and the US also got superbombed themselves.

Thinking back to things like The Atomic Cafe and how the Superbomb would be presented in TL 191. If society isn't as paranoid in TL 191s 50s, there may not be as many atomic monsters in Sci Fi. On another hand, I specifically said Russian Godzilla because Russia was the first nation to get superbombed combined with the fact that it's economic situation would probably mirror post-war japan fairly well (but really, I just think a Russian take on Godzilla has potential to be really horrifying).

That does lead to the question of the Superbomb in pop-culture, seeing how the Atom Bomb had a massive impact in culture IOTL. Britain and France would probably have similar views toward it as Japan IOTL, but it would be interesting to see how allied nations would view it, seeing how Germany and the US also got superbombed themselves.
This short British film we'll probably be the stance of a nuclear warfare impact of Britain.

Remember Britain especially got hit Four time's of nuclear warheads heading their cities including London during SGW.
The Super bomb will be remember as Deaths incarnate and Apocalyptic in British and French culture and media.

Thinking back to things like The Atomic Cafe and how the Superbomb would be presented in TL 191. If society isn't as paranoid in TL 191s 50s, there may not be as many atomic monsters in Sci Fi. On another hand, I specifically said Russian Godzilla because Russia was the first nation to get superbombed combined with the fact that it's economic situation would probably mirror post-war japan fairly well (but really, I just think a Russian take on Godzilla has potential to be really horrifying).
Yeah they're probably going to be no Atomic creatures because of the horrors and death behind the SuperBombs especially when Brits suffered greatly by having three other cities getting nuked.

Russians on the hand will probably suffer the same death as France with Both suffered the Capital being Nuked with every single Cultural and Historic monument's getting nuked out Existences.

So I think that either French or Russia will have their own Godzilla instead of Britain's because it's too traumatic to make their own Godzilla and face that fear of a Nuclear Destruction manifested creature

I got a idea that might be a bit strange to some, but here we go.

Remember we all have Christmas as we know?
Santa Claus 🎅, frosty’s the Snowman ⛄️ And Rudolph the red nose reindeer are all part of Christmas spirit and tradition in America

But their are Folklore Tales that I think will be parts of the Christmas tradition in the America 🇺🇸 especially in the the Midwest and Pennsylvania

#1 Krampus
Krampus will probably be Way Popularly in America in OTL State’s because of the German influence with American culture especially in the Midwest will probably Transport traditional Krampus tale into the states.
1654931507681.jpeg
Those tale’s will Krampus: The Christmas Devil spread to German American towns so all the way to Northern Cities and Suburban that will influence American Christmas to involve Krampus.
1654931577450.jpeg
Maybe even Krampuslauf ( Krampus Run) and Krampusnacht ( Krampus Night ) being celebrated in cities in Missouri , Pennsylvania, Ohio and several streets of MidWestern states.

Hell maybe it will be So Popularized that they do Krampus tale’s and tradition on the Rest of United States 🇺🇸 for Now being part of American Christmas Tradition.

Krampus will definitely be Fearful dreams of children in America and Germany in the Most Wonderful time of the Year.

#2 Frau Perchta
This Folklore character probably don’t know about and I think will definitely be Popular in this USA, the very Obscure Frau Perchta or
Perchta for short
1655002723738.jpeg

She basically the Female and highly Older inspiration of the Krampus tale’s, Originally came from Upper German and Austrian region of the Alps.

Perchta is the Christmas Witch of the Winter season who in her tale’s, her appearance can be Beautiful women 👰‍♀️ or a Evil Old haggard witch 🧙 depending upon on if you are nice or bad this year.

I could describe what happened to you with Frau Perchta, but these videos definitely just drive her better in my opinion

Watch this Sam O’Nella video at 2:19 into the Video of select on Frau Perchta
1655004252471.jpeg
Now I could imagine her being popular in America because of the German/Austrian immigrants going to the Midwest and spreading her tale’s to the descendants and Spreads around to American culture.

Willl how will it be a little more PG for the kids Especially with getting out of your Intestines and replacement to Pebbles and Straw when your are Naughty.

So definitely kids nowadays in TL191 America 🇺🇸 Will definitely behave when the Christmas season around the corner

#3 Knecht Ruprecht
This Character is also not know to Many of you and might be confused of Description of Krampus and Knecht Ruprecht similar in appearance.

He is different and his origin was in 17th Century Germany folktale as a companion of Saint Nicholas, he threatened children with his clubs or Stick's to being Naughty in the Christmas season
1655009941492.png

These videos can Explain better with Knecht Ruprecht even I could even could.

So you can imagine all those naughty children in Pennsylvania and the Midwest being punished by These Monsteristic Christmas characters.

What do you think do you think it's credible or not?

Comment below of what you think of this

I mean realistically given Imperial Japan is doing just fine and the country hasn't been injected with Americana as a result of the OTL occupation, Japanese pop culture as we know it straight up won't exist even ignoring the series' notorious history of killing butterflies
Japan was already being affected with "Americana" pre-war though.

I got a idea that might be a bit strange to some, but here we go.

Remember we all have Christmas as we know?
Santa Claus 🎅, frosty’s the Snowman ⛄️ And Rudolph the red nose reindeer are all part of Christmas spirit and tradition in America

But their are Folklore Tales that I think will be parts of the Christmas tradition in the America 🇺🇸 especially in the the Midwest and Pennsylvania

#1 Krampus
Krampus will probably be Way Popularly in America in OTL State’s because of the German influence with American culture especially in the Midwest will probably Transport traditional Krampus tale into the states.
View attachment 749161Those tale’s will Krampus: The Christmas Devil spread to German American towns so all the way to Northern Cities and Suburban that will influence American Christmas to involve Krampus.
View attachment 749162Maybe even Krampuslauf ( Krampus Run) and Krampusnacht ( Krampus Night ) being celebrated in cities in Missouri , Pennsylvania, Ohio and several streets of MidWestern states.

Hell maybe it will be So Popularized that they do Krampus tale’s and tradition on the Rest of United States 🇺🇸 for Now being part of American Christmas Tradition.

Krampus will definitely be Fearful dreams of children in America and Germany in the Most Wonderful time of the Year.

#2 Frau Perchta
This Folklore character probably don’t know about and I think will definitely be Popular in this USA, the very Obscure Frau Perchta or
Perchta for short
View attachment 749431
She basically the Female and highly Older inspiration of the Krampus tale’s, Originally came from Upper German and Austrian region of the Alps.

Perchta is the Christmas Witch of the Winter season who in her tale’s, her appearance can be Beautiful women 👰‍♀️ or a Evil Old haggard witch 🧙 depending upon on if you are nice or bad this year.

I could describe what happened to you with Frau Perchta, but these videos definitely just drive her better in my opinion

Watch this Sam O’Nella video at 2:19 into the Video of select on Frau Perchta
View attachment 749434Now I could imagine her being popular in America because of the German/Austrian immigrants going to the Midwest and spreading her tale’s to the descendants and Spreads around to American culture.

Willl how will it be a little more PG for the kids Especially with getting out of your Intestines and replacement to Pebbles and Straw when your are Naughty.

So definitely kids nowadays in TL191 America 🇺🇸 Will definitely behave when the Christmas season around the corner

#3 Knecht Ruprecht
This Character is also not know to Many of you and might be confused of Description of Krampus and Knecht Ruprecht similar in appearance.

He is different and his origin was in 17th Century Germany folktale as a companion of Saint Nicholas, he threatened children with his clubs or Stick's to being Naughty in the Christmas season
View attachment 749457
These videos can Explain better with Knecht Ruprecht even I could even could.

So you can imagine all those naughty children in Pennsylvania and the Midwest being punished by These Monsteristic Christmas characters.

What do you think do you think it's credible or not?

Comment below of what you think of this
TL-191 equivalents of the Boogeymen.

Just a thought, but I can kind of see Apocalypse Now being set in one of the Mormon wars or during the FGW or SGW in TL 191.